The only true Messiah is Jesus Christ
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23665106

Excerpt: "A judge in the US has ordered a baby's first name to be changed from Messiah to Martin, arguing that the only true messiah is Jesus Christ, reports say.

The parents of seven-month old Messiah DeShawn Martin had gone to court in Tennessee over his last name.

But Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew ordered the first name changed too, local broadcaster WBIR-TV said.

Last year more than 700 babies were named Messiah in the US, according to the Social Security Administration.

Christianity sees Jesus as the Messiah, while Judaism uses the term to mean an anticipated saviour of the Jews.

Dictionary definitions say the word can mean anyone seen as a saviour or a liberator.

'No choice'

The judge in Cocke County said the name Messiah could cause the boy difficulties if he grew up in a predominantly Christian area.

"It could put him at odds with a lot of people and at this point he has had no choice in what his name is," Judge Ballew said.

She was able to make the order because the parents were already in a child support hearing in a dispute over what their son's last name should be.

Instead the judge ruled that the baby was to be named Martin DeShawn McCullough, which includes both parents' last name.

"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," she said.

The baby's mother, Jaleesa Martin, told WBIR she would appeal against the judge's order.

"I didn't think a judge could change my baby's name because of her religious beliefs," she said.

She said she chose the name not because of its religious connotations, but because she liked how it sounded with her two other children's names, Micah and Mason.

Messiah came in at number 387 in the list of the most popular of baby names in the US in 2012, up from 633 in 2011."
Quote:"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," she [the judge] said.

So much for separation of church and state. That's no different than a Scientologist judge saying the kid can't be named Xenu.
Of course, the judge had stated that this was a different case when asked what about all the Latino babies that are named "Jesus?"
I don't think this will hold up under the 1st amendment. Other Countries reserve rights to to allow or disallow names, but I don't think you legally can in this Country.
I'd like to hope it doesn't hold up. But the very fact they have to go through this at all seems obscene to me.
Red state. Tennessee we love you. Only one person has earned the right to be named Messiah.
How does the Judge know that he wasn't the second coming?
Now it's the 2nd coming of Martin, and it's not the same, is it? This judge could be changing the very course of humanity, right there.
He could be 'My favorite Martin'

[Image: 63my_favorite_martian.jpg?w=500]
(08-12-2013, 05:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Now it's the 2nd coming of Martin, and it's not the same, is it? This judge could be changing the very course of humanity, right there.

It's tyranny I tell you when the gov't tells you to change your kids name. Those liberals.
There's a new messiah in town...

(08-13-2013, 11:05 PM)Scar Wrote: There's a new messiah in town...

Well he was born near the middle east, Big GrinBig Grin

Quote:The horse the Mohammad supposedly rode before he went up to heaven had the name Barack
http://voices.yahoo.com/barack-obamas-na...tml?cat=34