Homemade bomb found in alley in Medford.
KD

MEDFORD, Ore. — A homemade bomb is found in a West Medford alley. Officers say it was just luck the lit fuse on the device went out by itself.

Oregon State Police and Medford Police responded Friday afternoon on West 12th street. Police say whoever made that bomb wanted to cause harm. It was placed in the middle of the alley where a car or passerby could have ran into it.

“The fences that surrounded the alley, would not have stopped the shrapnel. It may have slowed it down but it wouldn’t have stopped it. Anybody that would have happened to have been walking by or driving by could have been very injured or hurt,” said Medford Police Lt. Mike Budreau.

The OSP bomb squad plans to further examine the device and check for possible fingerprints.
Probably the work of the 'State of Jefferson Liberation Army'. The SJLA has been planning something big for a while.
(08-13-2013, 11:00 PM)chuck white Wrote: Probably the work of the 'State of Jefferson Liberation Army'. The SJLA has been planning something big for a while.

You make some great funny remarks, Chuck. Too bad they are one liners and never have a feed back capability.
News stated it was a "pot" type container. Wonder if someone was trying to mimic a pressure cooker device...not smart!
(08-14-2013, 04:34 PM)Prospector Wrote: News stated it was a "pot" type container. Wonder if someone was trying to mimic a pressure cooker device...not smart!

There was a picture but it was really fuzzy. It almost looked like a metal coffee thermos or cup.
(08-14-2013, 04:53 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 04:34 PM)Prospector Wrote: News stated it was a "pot" type container. Wonder if someone was trying to mimic a pressure cooker device...not smart!

There was a picture but it was really fuzzy. It almost looked like a metal coffee thermos or cup.

I thought it was one of those small Coleman propane bottles.
[/quote]

Oh hell, that's mine.
My bad.
Sorry.
I keep forgetting where I put the damn things. Wink

Oh hell, that's mine.
My bad.
Sorry.
[/quote]

The next knock at your door....courtesy of Sheriff Winter's, SWAT, ATF, FBI, K-9, and Troon Vineyards Media director
(08-14-2013, 06:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought it was one of those small Coleman propane bottles.

Yep, could have been one of those.

I don't know about skills at cleaning dishes.

My metal coffee thermos, and cups are not 'fuzzy'.
(08-14-2013, 09:57 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 07:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Oh hell, that's mine.
My bad.
Sorry.

The next knock at your door....courtesy of Sheriff Winter's, SWAT, ATF, FBI, K-9, and Troon Vineyards Media director
[/quote]

True, that.
One should be careful with loaded weapons and social media. Sad
(08-15-2013, 07:03 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 09:57 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 07:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Oh hell, that's mine.
My bad.
Sorry.

True, that.
One should be careful with loaded weapons and social media. Sad
[/quote]

Remember that 'HE' maybe not be commenting on this forum but 'HE' sure is reading it! (IMHO a slime ball for lurking)

And as usual, they'll call out the hounds for a simple jest (massive LEO response) while a major crime will be occurring two blocks from the station.