KOBI: Driver kills flagger on I-5
(08-15-2013, 11:25 AM)gapper Wrote: you just keep ... embarrassing yourself.
Embarrassed Embarrassed

[Image: woman-looking-in-mirror.jpg]
(08-15-2013, 11:25 AM)gapper Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 11:00 AM)Prospector Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 08:35 AM)gapper Wrote: Boy, let the judging begin............. before any of you have a freaking clue what really happened!!

1. The driver did stop, but not until he got to a fueling area about a half mile away, likely believing it prudent to get out of the way as much as possible rather than creating more congestion and a higher risk of another accident.

2. He didn't hit the flagger at all. He hit another vehicle which hit the flagger, who was not visible from the road.

3. I am betting the driver feels bad enough without judgments concerning him being an "idiot", "high or drunk", going to fast, blowing past a construction zone, etc. etc. etc.........
Sad Sad Sad

I couldn't post the photo that KAJO had but it clearly shows that the truck struck the trailer and NOT ANOTHER VEHICLE!

http://www.kajo.com/

Speaking of "facts"

The fact is the trucker did not directly hit the poor woman that died.
But, yes, speaking of facts:
Quote:Trailer (vehicle)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A trailer is generally an unpowered vehicle pulled by a powered vehicle. Commonly, the term trailer refers to such vehicles used for transport of goods and materials.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_%28vehicle%29

Quote:ve·hi·cle
/?v??k?l/
Noun

A thing used for transporting people or goods, esp. on land, such as a car, truck, or cart.
https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&...Ta_WL5PNaA

You remind me of a kid that continually gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You can't pull it off without getting caught, but you just keep trying and just keep embarrassing yourself.
Embarrassed Embarrassed

Lets see Gapper

You called Ponder vulger names, went off topic, broke the very rules you profess about, got caught, and somehow got it all removed before Others including Ponder saw it.

I saw it, called you on it, you called me vulgar names, again went off topic, broke the rules, and somehow that posting got removed too.

Seems odd that when others break the rules you jump on a soapbox but for you...your comments seem to disappear and no foul.

Who's being a child?

I'm just pointing out that for you, there's two sets a rules, Gapper's rules and everyone else's rules be damn

Enuf said
My friend knew this woman well. He said she was a supervisor that was given temporary assignment as a flagger until she recovered from some medical condition. They did not want her to have to deal with the stress of being a supervisor while she was recovering. How sad.
(08-15-2013, 12:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote: My friend knew this woman well. He said she was a supervisor that was given temporary assignment as a flagger until she recovered from some medical condition. They did not want her to have to deal with the stress of being a supervisor while she was recovering. How sad.

That's a shame. To be on what some would think would be "light duty"

I couldn't do it. Just standing along the side of the road to change a tire with traffic going by scares the pants off me. The air movement just shakes the car.
(08-15-2013, 08:35 AM)gapper Wrote: Boy, let the judging begin............. before any of you have a freaking clue what really happened!!

1. The driver did stop, but not until he got to a fueling area about a half mile away, likely believing it prudent to get out of the way as much as possible rather than creating more congestion and a higher risk of another accident.

2. He didn't hit the flagger at all. He hit another vehicle which hit the flagger, who was not visible from the road.

3. I am betting the driver feels bad enough without judgments concerning him being an "idiot", "high or drunk", going to fast, blowing past a construction zone, etc. etc. etc.........
Sad Sad Sad

Get a grip....there is a difference between speculating on what happened and judging.
(08-15-2013, 04:06 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Get a grip....there is a difference between speculating on what happened and judging.

Perhaps is it you that needs to get a grip, as well as an education.

Quote:speculate
verb
to form an opinion from little or no evidence <I speculate that someone has been using this cabin as a trysting place>
Synonyms assume, conjecture, daresay, imagine, presume, speculate, suppose, surmise, suspect, suspicion [chiefly dialect]
Related Words conclude, deduce, gather, infer; hypothecate, hypothesize, theorize; believe, conceive, expect, judge, reckon [chiefly dialect], take, think
(08-15-2013, 12:42 PM)Prospector Wrote: Lets see Gapper

You called Ponder vulger names, went off topic, broke the very rules you profess about, got caught, and somehow got it all removed before Others including Ponder saw it.

I saw it, called you on it, you called me vulgar names, again went off topic, broke the rules, and somehow that posting got removed too.

Seems odd that when others break the rules you jump on a soapbox but for you...your comments seem to disappear and no foul.
The fact is, I did nothing to "somehow get it removed". I took zero action to get anything removed except to edit out my original post.
Quote:I'm just pointing out that for you, there's two sets a rules, Gapper's rules and everyone else's rules be damn
The fact is I made it very clear that I broke the rules, the only set of rules there are. I stated right up front that I broke the rules. You are making up this "two rule" thing just as you make up most crap you post. You lie.
Quote:Enuf said
Yup.

Sad Sad Sad

I'm sure you can tell us how your post was fact filled and informative versus your own speculation then, too.
(08-15-2013, 12:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote: My friend knew this woman well. He said she was a supervisor that was given temporary assignment as a flagger until she recovered from some medical condition. They did not want her to have to deal with the stress of being a supervisor while she was recovering. How sad.

Man, that is indeed sad.
I really feel badly for all involved.
May she rest in peace.

Sad. It's heartbreaking. This obviously strong woman was working while suffering and the people she worked for cared for her and gave her work they believed would be best for her. No doubt a good woman and a blessing to those around her.
(08-15-2013, 06:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

I'm sure you can tell us how your post was fact filled and informative versus your own speculation then, too.

Ponder
You really don't expect a logical answer do ya! I mean one that meets the 'Gapper Rule' test?
(08-15-2013, 06:01 PM)gapper Wrote:

The fact is, I did nothing to "somehow get it removed". I took zero action to get anything removed except to edit out my original post.
Quote:I'm just pointing out that for you, there's two sets a rules, Gapper's rules and everyone else's rules be damn
The fact is I made it very clear that I broke the rules, the only set of rules there are. I stated right up front that I broke the rules. You are making up this "two rule" thing just as you make up most crap you post. You lie.
Yup.

Yeah, I could just repost your original posting that way "all" will know the true hypocrite you are, but "rules are Gapper rules!"
Eyebrows

By the way, no one asked for a DEFINITION OF A VEHICLE (nice deflection as usual) WHAT WAS ASKED, WHAT WAS YOUR FACTUAL SOURCE?
One more time for the illiterate ones:

Yup.

Yup.

I "the self moderator promoter" appreciated Gapper's self moderation. I also had hoped Prospector, seeing that Gapper quickly self moderated, would edit out Gappers said indiscretion. He did not, so I requested a mod to evaluate the thread. Fight about something else. Razz

Self moderation is good. Big Grin
(08-15-2013, 09:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Yup.

I "the self moderator promoter" appreciated Gapper's self moderation. I also had hoped Prospector, seeing that Gapper quickly self moderated, would edit out Gappers said indiscretion. He did not, so I requested a mod to evaluate the thread. Fight about something else. Razz

Self moderation is good. Big Grin

Thank you for setting the record straight.
CoolSmiling
Well, I want to go record, that I have always supported flagger's rights to get married.

[Image: gilda+radner+3.jpg]