Chromecast
What a GREAT little gadget! Wireless video streaming from your computer to your TV. $35. and it came with three months free Netflix. Try it, you'll like it. Big Grin

So... did you buy one? Have you been using it? Worth the $35?
(12-12-2013, 04:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote: So... did you buy one? Have you been using it? Worth the $35?

I did. It was $35. and came with 3 free months of Netflix. Laughing I got one of the first to be shipped to Best Buy in Oregon. I use it every day to cast (mostly problem free) from Netflix, YouTube and anything else you can get on your PC. On the rare occasion its had trouble buffering or loading, I just restarted it and it picks up where it left off. I like it because I can plug it into any of the TV's in the house depending who wants to watch what.

I have no idea how far it will cast and have wondered if one of the neighbors had one if what I cast would play on their TV. Confused
Well... I think we're going to get one. Heck... it's only $35... and the 3 free months of Netflix almost covers that!
(12-12-2013, 05:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Well... I think we're going to get one. Heck... it's only $35... and the 3 free months of Netflix almost covers that!

They are still offering the Netflix?
(12-12-2013, 05:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 05:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Well... I think we're going to get one. Heck... it's only $35... and the 3 free months of Netflix almost covers that!

They are still offering the Netflix?

That's what we heard, but we haven't been to the store yet. We've just been reading reviews and such online. But someone we know purchased one a couple of months ago and they got the Netflix deal. They said that you don't even have to be a new Netlix user.
I'd get one, but then I'd have to buy a TV too, and that just seems like such a waste of money for three months of Netflix.
(12-12-2013, 06:12 PM)csrowan Wrote: I'd get one, but then I'd have to buy a TV too, and that just seems like such a waste of money for three months of Netflix.

You can get analogue TVs for free on CL or for very little. Goodwill in Ashland probably has them for cheap.
(12-12-2013, 07:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 06:12 PM)csrowan Wrote: I'd get one, but then I'd have to buy a TV too, and that just seems like such a waste of money for three months of Netflix.

You can get analogue TVs for free on CL or for very little. Goodwill in Ashland probably has them for cheap.

But they don't have a USB Port to plug the Chromecast into.
(12-12-2013, 08:24 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

But they don't have a USB Port to plug the Chromecast into.

bummerSmiling

So does this broadcast on regular analog TV or is this for new breed of TV/monitors with digital input ports and computer video ports
(12-12-2013, 09:13 PM)chuck white Wrote:

So does this broadcast on regular analog TV or is this for new breed of TV/monitors with digital input ports and computer video ports

You need a TV with a HDMI port to plug the unit into. There are two ways to get power for the unit, a USB plug or the converter cord to a wall outlet.
(12-12-2013, 09:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You need a TV with a HDMI port to plug the unit into. There are two ways to get power for the unit, a USB plug or the converter cord to a wall outlet.

Do You need a HDMI on your device as well?

Is this a wireless HDMI to HDMI ?
(12-12-2013, 09:32 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 09:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Do You need a HDMI on your device as well?

Is this a wireless HDMI to HDMI ?

You need a device you can use Google Chrome and you need a wireless router. Using Chrome, add the extension "Google Cast." Use any device you can use on your wireless network and "cast" whatever you wish to the TV the unit is plugged into.

Try this link. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...e-ntp-icon