Gresham bakery that refused to bake same-sex wedding cake closes shop
How about if they put in another door, with a sign saying Gays & Lesbians Here Only and then never unlock the door. Would that work for you?

EDIT: That darn Rowan always beats me to the best ideas.
(09-02-2013, 08:53 AM)csrowan Wrote: Hey tornado. Prove it.

Better yet... Why does it matter whether its a choice or not?

Did someone force you to put your weanie in their bun?
(09-02-2013, 09:36 AM)tornado Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 08:53 AM)csrowan Wrote: Hey tornado. Prove it.

Better yet... Why does it matter whether its a choice or not?

Did someone force you to put your weanie in their bun?

That's the level of logic and reasoning one should expect from a 190 IQ? I must be around 300 in comparison, then.
They should of made the cake, charged triple, then made a donation to their church in the afflicted couples name for the amount over the price of a typical cake. Of course letting the couple know what they did on their behalf afterwards.
Let us know when you open your bakery.
Maybe he'll open a doughnut shop.
(09-02-2013, 09:11 AM)Prospector Wrote: What happen to

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone?"

"except in Oregon"*

* where you"ll get sued for anything
[Image: wrong-side.jpg]
Of course in forty years there may be no one to care, I sure won't!
I don't know that there's any pride in dying willfully ignorant though, either.
Depends on who's being ignorant or dealing with reality? If the issue doesn't apply or cost me, why should I care? I don't eat cake! Smiling
I saw a short news bite and the couple said business is double what it used to be and they will end up making more money working out of their home. Plus they won't have to worry about lawsuits from the unclean.Wink
It's allowable to discriminate so long as you do it from a home based business? I wonder what a good lawyer would have to say about that one.
(09-05-2013, 08:58 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's allowable to discriminate so long as you do it from a home based business? I wonder what a good lawyer would have to say about that one.

Isn't that called "freedom of choice?"

Can't have it only one way.
(09-05-2013, 08:58 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's allowable to discriminate so long as you do it from a home based business? I wonder what a good lawyer would have to say about that one.

Still a business... still has to have the same licensure... discrimination still not allowed.
It sucks when people refuse to tolerate your intolerance, doesn't it?
As has been said, "it works both ways".
These religious zealots just learned that the hard way.
(09-05-2013, 09:10 AM)gapper Wrote: It sucks when people refuse to tolerate your intolerance, doesn't it?

What they did is was stand by their morals and ended up richer as a result. An awesome lesson for all.
(09-05-2013, 09:13 AM)Scar Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 09:10 AM)gapper Wrote: It sucks when people refuse to tolerate your intolerance, doesn't it?

What they did is was stand by their morals and ended up richer as a result. An awesome lesson for all.

And, standing up for their morals is just what the protesters did. As you say, a lesson for all.

However, the jury is still out on the "richer" part...
At least, that is what the owner of the bakery is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...zfxk4JQc6Y
Well, they do get to live in "Heaven" after they die. Laughing
(09-05-2013, 09:13 AM)Scar Wrote:

Isn't there a big lawsuit headed their way?