The eye in the sky in my neighborhood
They flew around VERY low and slowly. Took off and came back a few minutes later and did the same thing again. Very loud an intrusive.
I have three or maybe four legal pot growers right next to my property. I guess that was what they were interested in?
How much does it cost to fly those things Compared to just driving out here in a Geo and knocking on doorsRazz

[Image: 16ll3yc.jpg]
They don't need a search warrant for a helicopter ride with infrared cameras, do they?

Maybe that's why (if the above is true, that is).
Helicopter N2268X- used for Search and Rescue

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/...rtxt=2268X
(09-13-2013, 12:28 PM)csrowan Wrote: They don't need a search warrant for a helicopter ride with infrared cameras, do they?

No They don't need a warrant. But I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how low helicopters or planes are allowed to fly and I think they were too low.
If they have all that high tech expensive camera crap, Fleer( forward looking infrared radar) or what ever I don't understand why the should NEED to fly so low.
(09-13-2013, 12:38 PM)Prospector Wrote: Helicopter N2268X- used for Search and Rescue

Good work, there was no one to rescue so apparently it was to search and it not for illegal pot I sure don't know what else.
It's a flying squirrel. Shoot it.
(09-13-2013, 12:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 12:28 PM)csrowan Wrote: They don't need a search warrant for a helicopter ride with infrared cameras, do they?

No They don't need a warrant. But I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how low helicopters or planes are allowed to fly and I think they were too low.
If they have all that high tech expensive camera crap, Fleer( forward looking infrared radar) or what ever I don't understand why the should NEED to fly so low.
You can file a complaint with FAA office in Medford since you have photo, dates and time.

I do. Ranchers and farmers file complaints if it interferes with livestock. There are minimum altitudes unless there is an emergency.

By the way, its called 'FLIR" and used at night. BLM AND USFS have been using this technology during the wildfires to locate hotspots.
(09-13-2013, 01:26 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 12:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You can file a complaint with FAA office in Medford since you have photo, dates and time.

I do. Ranchers and farmers file complaints if it interferes with livestock. There are minimum altitudes unless there is an emergency.

By the way, its called 'FLIR" and used at night. BLM AND USFS have been using this technology during the wildfires to locate hotspots.

Thanks but I don't have any way to measure the altitude of that thing and I'm not too concerned unless this happens too often.

Yeah Fleer Flir tomato tomato RazzRazz Yes I know they use it at night. I just meant that they most likely have cameras that take high res photos and wonder if it's really necessary to fly so low.
Also I know the Sheriffs dept does not have a helicopter and that people with helicopters volunteer to help in search and rescue.
But flying over a residential neighborhood with legal grows? Seems odd to me. Thanks for the infoSmiling
(09-13-2013, 12:38 PM)Prospector Wrote: Helicopter N2268X- used for Search and Rescue

Or Search and Arrest you.
Tie helium (or hydrogen) filled balloons with steel wire hanging underneath, and let them float above your house. They won't fly under the balloons. (not for very long)

OK, I'm only joking. I'm not advocating the bringing down of helicopters.
I thought you were trying to help them fly with more buoyancy.
This County Sheriff does use 'volunteer' services to locate grows. Personally think he needs to devote his energy on major crimes plus I just mailed him a book.

Statistics for Dummies
(09-13-2013, 05:19 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I thought you were trying to help them fly with more buoyancy.

Ever get a wire in your lawn mower?
(09-13-2013, 09:54 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 05:19 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I thought you were trying to help them fly with more buoyancy.

Ever get a wire in your lawn mower?

Got baling wire wrapped around a brush mower, what a mess!
Bailing wire hanging from the bottom of balloons should keep the choppers away.