For a fee TSA will set you free.
From CNN,
TSA says later this year it will launch an application process to allow passengers who want to join PreCheck to pay $85, verify their identity and provide fingerprints at an enrollment center.

I have mixed emotions about this...Do we buy our freedom back?
I wish they would skip all this silliness and make us fly nude.
(09-05-2013, 12:03 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: From CNN,
TSA says later this year it will launch an application process to allow passengers who want to join PreCheck to pay $85, verify their identity and provide fingerprints at an enrollment center.

I have mixed emotions about this...Do we buy our freedom back?

Well if you can't handle being searched or having a picture taken that might show an out line of your privates then this is a way out.

If you want the freedom you once had take a time machine trip back to MayberrySmiling
TeeVee you missed the point. Oh well.
Any other things you wish to sell out and call it nostalgic?
There are many questions that this move brings up.
Enjoy your Mayberry.
I don't see how they can do this unless they make it fair by waiving the fee for minorities.
(09-05-2013, 01:33 PM)Scar Wrote: I don't see how they can do this unless they make it fair by waiving the fee for minorities.

They take buses.
For those that save money to fly on a holiday it is off with the shoes the jacket, belt etc...The new x-ray machines are not considered by me and many others as safe. For a price you get a pass and a walk on. This is hardly equal treatment. Does it suggest the system isn't needed?
From the NYT,
"When the frisking officer finally appears, he rolls on a pair of latex gloves (a particularly ominous gesture, that) and leads me to a designated frisking area, which is in full sight of those passing through the security gate. I am offered the option of enduring my rubdown in private. I always refuse: Civil disobedience is worth nothing if it’s not done in public."

I rarely fly, but I've met this guy.