Recipes
I saw this on Pinterest and I'm thinking it would be awesome Game Day snackage... served with warm marinara.

[Image: Meatball-Stuffed-Biscuits.jpg]
So....did you try it?
(10-26-2013, 10:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So....did you try it?

Not yet... one of these days!

These "Hawaiian Sliders" I'm making for our Dec. 1st family get together... also found on Pinterest! Razz

[Image: Hawaiian-Sliders.jpeg?resize=436%2C323]
http://www.everydaycheapskate.com/food-a...the-grill/
Quote:Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe

Yield: 12 servings

This is great for a family brunch

These are the ingredients you will need

1 pound sliced bacon, diced
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
This is how you make it

In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Made this last night, a side for Elk Tenderloin, while cutting up my deer.....

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/r...Beans.html

Creole Green Beans

• 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans, or 2 15-oz. cans cut green beans, drained
•6 slices bacon
•3/4 Cup chopped onion (1 medium)
•1/2 Cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 pepper)
•2 TB. flour
•2 TB. brown sugar
•1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
•1/4 tsp. PENZEYS FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
•1/8 tsp. REGULAR MUSTARD POWDER
•1 16-oz. can of stewed tomatoes

Preheat oven to 350°. If using fresh or frozen raw green beans, cut stems off and boil in water about 5 minutes and drain well. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp; remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving 1-3 TB. of drippings in the pan. Add the onion and green pepper to the drippings; cook until tender. Push the veggies to the side of the pan, add the flour, and blend it in, stirring constantly. Then add sugar, Worcestershire sauce, PEPPER and MUSTARD POWDER. Stir well, until smooth. Add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, around 5 minutes. Add the beans and stir to combine. Put into an oven-safe dish and top with crumbled bacon. Bake at 350° until warmed thoroughly, 20 minutes or so.
Interesting combination, Larry. I think(?) it sounds like it would be tasty. Smiling
(10-28-2013, 04:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Interesting combination, Larry. I think(?) it sounds like it would be tasty. Smiling

Last night was the pilot program. It was so good, it made into the main event. (Thanksgiving)
(10-28-2013, 05:03 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-28-2013, 04:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Interesting combination, Larry. I think(?) it sounds like it would be tasty. Smiling

Last night was the pilot program. It was so good, it made into the main event. (Thanksgiving)

Does it actually turn out looking anything like the photo on the website? Because that looks deeeeelish!

[Image: CreoleGreenBeans.jpg]
(10-28-2013, 05:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-28-2013, 05:03 PM)Larry Wrote:

Does it actually turn out looking anything like the photo on the website? Because that looks deeeeelish!

[Image: CreoleGreenBeans.jpg]

Yep. Pretty much.