Man Beats Peeping Tom, Faces More Jail Than the Perv
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-Maho.html

I think it's a justified beating, and a long time coming, from neighborhood reports.
Taking the law (and, punishment) into your own hands is justified?
The man was ill.
(no, not our Illcommadant)
Who deserves more jail time?

A man who looks in windows while naked?

Or a man who beats non-violent trespassers to a bloody pulp, leaving them in the hospital?
Maybe he thought the guy had a concealed weapon.
(09-10-2013, 07:27 AM)csrowan Wrote: Who deserves more jail time?

Or a man who beats non-violent trespassers to a bloody pulp, leaving them in the hospital?

In the video the reporter used the words "nearly to death." I think the beating was overkill considering the fact the perve did not even touch the guy's daughter. He probably deserves more time in jail than the Peeping Tom.
They're only talking 3 years maximum jail time here, too. That's the maximum, he might well get less. That's what Larry's so concerned about. That a guy might get 3 years in jail for nearly beating someone to death.

It wouldn't matter... we raised 2 daughters and I can say, without a doubt, that if my husband found some pervert peeping through their window... they would definitely end up in a pool of blood. Right? Wrong? Doesn't matter. Those are his daughters.
(09-10-2013, 07:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

It wouldn't matter... we raised 2 daughters and I can say, without a doubt, that if my husband found some pervert peeping through their window... they would definitely end up in a pool of blood. Right? Wrong? Doesn't matter. Those are his daughters.
I suppose it is seen as the manly thing to do. Even though I am a BAMF, I would just call the cops.Big Grin
(09-10-2013, 07:38 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

In the video the reporter used the words "nearly to death." I think the beating was overkill considering the fact the perve did not even touch the guy's daughter. He probably deserves more time in jail than the Peeping Tom.

Actually the police said "nearly to death." The reporter was quoting the police who I tend to believe more than anyone else in the story. So yes the beating was too severe.
We can't allow this kind of vigilante justice no matter how much we feel the perp deserved an ass kicking.
(09-10-2013, 07:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

And just what would that change, other than to further traumatize your daughters?
I'm a father of girls too. While I understand the urge, I would like to think I would have enough control to simply call the police. The guy is obviously sick in the head and unfortunately, you can't beat the sickness out of him.
I wonder if Ariel Castro started out as a peeping tom?