For gapper
Gapper you seemed to have noticed that few people stay on topic in the threads. Did you know that not even the people that complain about this fact stay on topic. Some do better than others, but almost everyone violates that rule here, including you.

I know how to stay on topic mind you, but conversation drifts and side issues take over. If that makes people quit posting here, oh well. It has not changed in the many years that I have been here. Sometimes I do it and sometimes others do it.

Lets see what TVguy has to say about this when he logs on.

I have noticed that some people change their tune when their forum friend or foe weighs in on issue to either agree or disagree based on forum loyalties.

I sure would like to have a fight with TVguy before I start my day. Laughing
Double post. Smiling

Quick, edit the post and thread title into something else!

If you want to, that is.
(09-12-2013, 08:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Gapper you seemed to have noticed that few people stay on topic in the threads. Did you know that not even the people that complain about this fact stay on topic. Some do better than others, but almost everyone violates that rule here, including you.

I know how to stay on topic mind you, but conversation drifts and side issues take over. If that makes people quit posting here, oh well. It has not changed in the many years that I have been here. Sometimes I do it and sometimes others do it.

I have noticed that some people change their tune when their forum friend or foe weighs in on issue to either agree or disagree based on forum loyalties.

I know a lot of people do go off topic and that I have as well. It does happen. But that doesn't mean we can't try to make it better, and it doesn't mean I get into 8 pages of BS arguing over semantics that have nothing to do with the topic.

The topic of the thread in which I believe my post prompted you to start this thread, asked what happened to some members. I suggested that my guess is they, like me are weary of the off topic BS and endless, nonsensical arguing. Of, course, TV ignored what I really said and asked how I know. I don't know. I never said I know. And, were I to treat TV as he treats others, I may have come back and called him a fucking idiot asshole twerp pig fucker. But, I am trying to treat others as I would like to be treated and ignored the fact that the he, once again, responded to something he must have hallucinated, because no where did I say I "know" why they are gone. But, the hallucination was another opportunity for him to attempt to start another fight.

I am ignoring many threads these days because, as I stated, I am weary of the childish, off topic, seemingly endless fights that change nothing, beyond creating hurt feelings, anger, frustration and again, a diminished desire to be a part of this. And, if my or others leaving leave you with a feeling of "oh well", I guess all I have to say to that is, oh well.
Cool

PS. BTW, you mentioned this off topic straying has been going on for many years. And, TV mentioned something about this sort of thing going on "clear back to the Mail Tribune forum", or something like that. I guess my response is two fold. 1. So what? Lots of things have gone on for years, until people changed. and 2. Look what happened to the Mail Tribune forum. Perhaps this one is going down a similar path, because the number of participants has sure become less.

And, if this forum ceases to exist, I guess my response would again be, "oh well"...
I try not to be the person who takes threads off topic, but I admit to contributing to them once they are off topic. Especially if I was one of the last ones to comment before the thread went off topic, because it's usually started when someone nitpicks at something that I think is right. It starts with just a single post explaining why I don't agree with their nitpick, then they nitpick something in that, then someone else chimes in on one side or the other, and before you know it we've got pages of argument about semantics in a thread about an extinct animal.

(that wasn't meant to be an accurate description of that specific thread, it was a rough example of what happens in many threads)
[Image: 293206_444353008942580_2027368104_n.jpg]
(09-12-2013, 07:13 PM)gapper Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Gapper you seemed to have noticed that few people stay on topic in the threads. Did you know that not even the people that complain about this fact stay on topic. Some do better than others, but almost everyone violates that rule here, including you.

I know a lot of people do go off topic and that I have as well. It does happen. But that doesn't mean we can't try to make it better, and it doesn't mean I get into 8 pages of BS arguing over semantics that have nothing to do with the topic.

The topic of the thread in which I believe my post prompted you to start this thread, asked what happened to some members. I suggested that my guess is they, like me are weary of the off topic BS and endless, nonsensical arguing. Of, course, TV ignored what I really said and asked how I know. I don't know. I never said I know. And, were I to treat TV as he treats others, I may have come back and called him a fucking idiot asshole twerp pig fucker. But, I am trying to treat others as I would like to be treated and ignored the fact that the he, once again, responded to something he must have hallucinated, because no where did I say I "know" why they are gone. But, the hallucination was another opportunity for him to attempt to start another fight.

I am ignoring many threads these days because, as I stated, I am weary of the childish, off topic, seemingly endless fights that change nothing, beyond creating hurt feelings, anger, frustration and again, a diminished desire to be a part of this. And, if my or others leaving leave you with a feeling of "oh well", I guess all I have to say to that is, oh well.
Cool

PS. BTW, you mentioned this off topic straying has been going on for many years. And, TV mentioned something about this sort of thing going on "clear back to the Mail Tribune forum", or something like that. I guess my response is two fold. 1. So what? Lots of things have gone on for years, until people changed. and 2. Look what happened to the Mail Tribune forum. Perhaps this one is going down a similar path, because the number of participants has sure become less.

And, if this forum ceases to exist, I guess my response would again be, "oh well"...

For a guy who very often pops a forehead vein you sure seem awfully innocent acting to meLaughingLaughing

As far as this....
Quote:Of, course, TV ignored what I really said and asked how I know. I don't know. I never said I know.

Yeah OK I was wrong to act as if you KNEW but I was responding about you AND Snowlover who damn sure acted like it was a fact.
And it was not an attempt to start a fight it was me wondering what made You two think they way you were thinking.
When I want to start a fight you'll knowLaughing

Quote: TV mentioned something about this sort of thing going on "clear back to the Mail Tribune forum", or something like that. I guess my response is two fold. 1. So what?

The "what" part is if it's been the same since day one , and it has. Then why all of a sudden is everyone SUPPOSEDLY running for the exit?

By the way Folks Wonky is just fine. He found something that most of us frequent posters don't have.

A LIFE!!!!
LaughingLaughingLaughing
(09-12-2013, 08:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: For a guy who very often pops a forehead vein you sure seem awfully innocent acting to meLaughingLaughing

As far as this....
Quote:Of, course, TV ignored what I really said and asked how I know. I don't know. I never said I know.

Yeah OK I was wrong to act as if you KNEW but I was responding about you AND Snowlover who damn sure acted like it was a fact.
And it was not an attempt to start a fight it was me wondering what made You two think they way you were thinking.

Quote: TV mentioned something about this sort of thing going on "clear back to the Mail Tribune forum", or something like that. I guess my response is two fold. 1. So what?

The "what" part is if it's been the same since day one , and it has. Then why all of a sudden is everyone SUPPOSEDLY running for the exit?

By the way Folks Wonky is just fine. He found something that most of us frequent posters don't have.

A LIFE!!!!
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Thanks. That's what I thought....
(09-12-2013, 08:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 07:13 PM)gapper Wrote:

Cool

For a guy who very often pops a forehead vein you sure seem awfully innocent acting to meLaughingLaughing

I've haven't popped a forehead vein "very often". Yes, I have a few times, but not "very often". Many times I suspect, when you think I've popped a vein, I haven't, just like I didn't say I "know" why anyone hasn't posted much lately. You seem to hallucinate a lot of stuff.
[/quote]
Quote:Yeah OK I was wrong to act as if you KNEW but I was responding about you AND Snowlover who damn sure acted like it was a fact.
Yes you were. Thank you.

Quote:And it was not an attempt to start a fight it was me wondering what made You two think they way you were thinking.

OK. But understand others make mistakes and that doesn't necessarily make them a stupid asshole. (although, I have to say, you are spot on concerning one such asshole, but it would be off topic to name who, this about me... Wink Laughing )
When someone tries to get threads put back on track, they get snide little comments about their on-track posts like, "Pfft!". Why even try anymore.
I guess Dunno was not very beloved. Smiling
(09-13-2013, 05:41 AM)broadzilla Wrote: When someone tries to get threads put back on track, they get snide little comments about their on-track posts like, "Pfft!". Why even try anymore.

Because it's who you are, a strong woman and loving mother who will never stop trying and succeeding. Lesser people are jealous and lash out in petty ways is all.Smiling
(09-13-2013, 05:46 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess Dunno was not very beloved. Smiling

Want me to give her a call and ask her to post? Big Grin
Sure, and Jesus too.
[Image: k9x2d3.jpg]

Edited to add: This post was NOT "For Gapper".