13 Wounded in Chicago Shooting
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...2520.story

One of the stongest gun controlled cities in the United States, in a gun-free zone park.....

Quote:"A military-grade weapon on the streets of Chicago is simply unacceptable"

Said Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy.

Well, I guess that's why they are ALREADY ILLEGAL in Chicago. Which means it must have been an ILLEGAL gun. So tell, what NEW law would have prevented this?
More guns for the good of humanity again, I see.
(09-20-2013, 12:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote: More guns for the good of humanity again, I see.

The logic would seem to be that since people kill people, we'd have no murder if we could get rid of all the people.
Well, we'd have fewer murders if we had fewer guns, that part's for sure.
(09-21-2013, 10:40 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, we'd have fewer murders if we had fewer guns, that part's for sure.

LOL, That's funny considering Chicago is a place with "fewer guns".
Anecdotal reports don't trump statistics, however. And it doesn't do much good to control guns in one place if they're readily available in the next state over, either.
(09-21-2013, 10:45 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Anecdotal reports don't trump statistics, however.

No idea who or what you are talking about, blabber on. And I hope you continue to save those precious milliseconds not quoting whomever you are responding to.
I said, one instance doesn't make a trend or mean much of anything statistically. It takes a whole lot of instances to account for our nations gun carnage.

By all means keep killing those squirrels now.
(09-21-2013, 10:52 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I said, one instance doesn't make a trend or mean much of anything statistically. It takes a whole lot of instances to account for our nations gun carnage.

By all means keep killing those squirrels now.

My neighbor has been killing all the ground squirrels for me.Big Grin He feeds birds, on the ground, and it lures the vermin squirrels right in to his gun sights.

I should give you his email address since you are so enthralled and interested in killing pests.
Chicago problem is "gangs!" And as pointed out a majority of the gun violence in Chicago is the result of "illegal" guns
(09-21-2013, 10:42 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 10:40 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, we'd have fewer murders if we had fewer guns, that part's for sure.

Not to correct you, but Chicago is a place with fewer LEGAL guns. The crime is all commited with ILLEGAL guns. Which I admit, makes no sense on the surface to an anti gun nut like Ponder. If they are illegal, how did they get there?????? Blink

It is a quandary to be an anti gun nut.
(09-21-2013, 03:41 PM)Larry Wrote:

Not to correct you, but Chicago is a place with fewer LEGAL guns. The crime is all commited with ILLEGAL guns. Which I admit, makes no sense on the surface to an anti gun nut like Ponder. If they are illegal, how did they get there?????? Blink

Ponder is the first one in this thread who pointed out the problem of banning guns in one area when you can just pop over to the next jurisdiction to get some.
Must be a quandary for a gun nut to come up with anything good about yet another mass shooting. Maybe he can argue about whether it was an AK or not.
(09-21-2013, 03:43 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 03:41 PM)Larry Wrote:

Ponder is the first one in this thread who pointed out the problem of banning guns in one area when you can just pop over to the next jurisdiction to get some.

Perhaps the issue isn't "banning guns" in the first place? The problem is the violence and lack of humanity being bred and raised in these ghettos. Just a thought.
How about some mass shootings that were avoided?

Pretend you live with someone who gets violent and likes to grab knives and attack you.

Would you not bother to lock up the knives, even though they aren't the problem?

Sure, get them treatment to be less violent, or find ways to help them deal with their violence, but don't leave the knives out in the open.
http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/jeffrey-me...gun-owners

9 more, compiled by Buzzfeed.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/jeffrey-me...gun-owners

1. Assistant principal stops student from going at rampage by accessing gun from his truck.

2. Banquet hall owner confronted student with his shotgun after the student shot and killed a teacher at a middle school dance.

3. Two students at Appalachian School of Law obtained their guns from their cars after hearing shots and forced the shooter to drop his weapon.

4. A former police officer in Minnesota confronted a gunman at church, eventually causing the gunman to take his own life.

5. Off-duty cop in Salt Lake City, Utah stopped a shooter from killing more people in a public square by confronting him with his own gun until police could arrive.

6. Customer in a convenience store in Virginia shot and subdued a man with a gun who opened fire on the clerk and other patrons.

7. Off-duty cop stopped a man in New York who decided to shoot up an AT&T store. The cop, Donald J. Moore drew his gun on the shooter eventually killing him at the scene.

8. Nick Meli drew his gun at a mall in Oregon and confronted shooter who had killed 2 other people. Meli did not have to fire any shots as the shooter retreated when he saw the gun.

9. Lisa Castellano, an off-duty cop working security, shot Jesus Manuel Garcia at a San Antonio movie theater after the gunman opened fire and eventually began shooting at the San Antonio Police Department.
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/jeffrey-me...PUnHU.dpuf
Meanwhile, 11,078 firearm-related homicide deaths a year in the U.S. Where are all the brave citizens preventing these tragedies with their guns? Or is 11,078 only the ones that "got away"?
(09-21-2013, 03:52 PM)csrowan Wrote: Pretend you live with someone who gets violent and likes to grab knives and attack you.

Would you not bother to lock up the knives, even though they aren't the problem?

Sure, get them treatment to be less violent, or find ways to help them deal with their violence, but don't leave the knives out in the open.

So how does the rest of the family cut their steak? Or do anything else that requires a knife?

You analogy is telling. You don't give a shit about Americans with legal guns who use them in a legal manner.
You want to lock all the guns up because of mental cases or religious Zealots or in this case thugs, criminals and Gangs born a and bred to be violent.
(09-21-2013, 03:52 PM)csrowan Wrote: Pretend you live with someone who gets violent and likes to grab knives and attack you.

????? Relevance? Have you SEEN my gun SAFE?