Preservation
Unless the Powers deem it necessary to remove all remnants. But I saved it elsewhere, as well. Anti Military, anti troops, hater. CSROWAN
Quote:People willing to point a gun at someone just because someone else tells them to are the type of people who join the military.

That's enough reason for me to think less of them.
I extend my offer to go shooting. But I would enjoy it more if one of my Army son's were home, and you repeat this sentiment to them in person.

Yeah, I didn't think so.
You're missing the important part of my statement... "Because someone else tells them to".
(09-22-2013, 12:09 AM)csrowan Wrote: You're missing the important part of my statement... "Because someone else tells them to".

That someone is the commander of the armed forces, Barack Obama.

Your move.
Just because I am liberal does not mean I agree with everything Obama does.

If Leonard had not been chased off, I'm sure he would be happy to give mounds of evidence of how Obama was less of a liberal and more of a moderate or moderate conservative.
(09-22-2013, 12:26 AM)csrowan Wrote: Just because I am liberal does not mean I agree with everything Obama does.

If Leonard had not been chased off, I'm sure he would be happy to give mounds of evidence of how Obama was less of a liberal and more of a moderate or moderate conservative.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Thank you CSROWAN for being brave and telling the truth to bullies.
(09-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Larry Wrote: Unless the Powers deem it necessary to remove all remnants. But I saved it elsewhere, as well. Anti Military, anti troops, hater. CSROWAN
Quote:People willing to point a gun at someone just because someone else tells them to are the type of people who join the military.

T hat's enough reason for me to think less of them.

Interesting! After a 28 yrs military and 10 yrs with DOS, I never had someone TELL me to point a "gun" however, I did take an oath to follow orders and defend the constitution. I

Remember those that "point guns" under government employment are controlled by civilian authority
Anyone willing to point a gun at someone who has never done any personal harm to them under orders alone has morals I'm going to think a little bit less of too. Sorry. I don't care who's giving the orders, that makes you a hired killer. I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to kill for money.
Dang, I thought this would be about food preservation. I have a whole lot of eggplant to put up for the winter and needed some tips. Google time.
(09-22-2013, 07:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Anyone willing to point a gun at someone who has never done any personal harm to them under orders alone has morals I'm going to think a little bit less of too. Sorry. I don't care who's giving the orders, that makes you a hired killer. I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to kill for money.

I guess in your eyes then I and others must have been a government mercenary to protect your freedoms you currently enjoy?

Dang, I was underpaid!Twitch
Tell me what country you helped invade and what real moral justification we had for that invasion, and I'll decide.
(09-22-2013, 12:26 AM)csrowan Wrote: Just because I am liberal does not mean I agree with everything Obama does.

Sorry to interfere with the usual goings on here, but first; I wasn't run off, I left of my own accord for greener pastures.

And second; studies have shown people who consider themselves religious or political lose the ability to think clearly and understand an issue that would normally be easily understood, simply because the right answer goes against preconceived beliefs.

It has been said that education, and/or reason is all that is needed to provide the tools necessary to understand and make good decisions. But that is false because, unfortunately the lack of information isn't the real problem; the problem is trying to justify ones beliefs; to rationalize what emotions already want to believe.

Brendan Nyhan*, an assistant professor of government at Dartmouth and his collaborators have been running experiments trying to answer the question about American voters: Do facts matter?

The answer is basically no. ''When people are misinformed, giving them facts to correct those errors only makes them cling to their beliefs more tenaciously.''

As my dear old Granny use to say, ''a mature mind has the ability to suspend judgment until all the evidence is in."

* http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/

Also try reading............ http://www.criminalizeconservatism.com/
(09-22-2013, 12:09 AM)csrowan Wrote: You're missing the important part of my statement... "Because someone else tells them to".

Hmmmmm, I don't think Larry missed that part AT ALL.
(09-22-2013, 09:34 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Tell me what country you helped invade and what real moral justification we had for that invasion, and I'll decide.

WHY explain. You two already made your moronic one brush paints all remark.
I'm ashamed to know people so ignorant.

You two are disrespecting the very people who fought and died for you.
(09-22-2013, 10:17 AM)Leonard Wrote:

Sorry to interfere with the usual goings on here, but first; I wasn't run off, I left of my own accord for greener pastures.

And second; studies have shown people who consider themselves religious or political lose the ability to think clearly and understand an issue that would normally be easily understood, simply because the right answer goes against preconceived beliefs.

It has been said that education, and/or reason is all that is needed to provide the tools necessary to understand and make good decisions. But that is false because, unfortunately the lack of information isn't the real problem; the problem is trying to justify ones beliefs; to rationalize what emotions already want to believe.

Brendan Nyhan*, an assistant professor of government at Dartmouth and his collaborators have been running experiments trying to answer the question about American voters: Do facts matter?

The answer is basically no. ''When people are misinformed, giving them facts to correct those errors only makes them cling to their beliefs more tenaciously.''

As my dear old Granny use to say, ''a mature mind has the ability to suspend judgment until all the evidence is in."

Your quite welcome to stay gone. As you can see other malcontent disrespectful anti Americans are more that willing to take your place.
(09-22-2013, 10:34 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Hmmmmm, I don't think Larry missed that part AT ALL.

That's exactly what I thought. Too bad you can't Google respect , logic or common sense.
(09-22-2013, 10:49 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 09:34 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Tell me what country you helped invade and what real moral justification we had for that invasion, and I'll decide.

WHY explain. You two already made your moronic one brush paints all remark.
I'm ashamed to know people so ignorant.

You two are disrespecting the very people who fought and died for you.

Please, quit fighting and dying for me. I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, and you're only causing more people to hate all of us, and it's not my fault.
(09-22-2013, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Your quite welcome to stay gone. As you can see other malcontent disrespectful anti Americans are more that willing to take your place.

Fuck you and your disrespect accusation too. I don't owe you a speck of respect. You are essentially an asshole.
(09-22-2013, 11:07 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Fuck you and your disrespect accusation too. I don't owe you a speck of respect. You are essentially an asshole.

You will think whatever you want to think in that dope addled mentally diagnosed defective brain or yours.
But the truth that you'll never admit is there is a tiny spec of misfit malcontents in this country that would agree with your absurd , childish and naive views.

You Rowan and Osama ben Leonard can think what you want but when you disrespect the very people who gave you the right to do so then you crossed a line.

That fact they you idiots don't seven know this is alarming. You have a lot of nerve to continually try and make the case that Larry or I are dangerous when you are the one who is sick in the head.