Change Is In The Air
I felt it this morning, the best time of the year is on it's way. I like spring, but fall and the holiday season beats it hands down. Harvest, family, love. Love it!Thumbs Up
(09-07-2013, 08:50 AM)Scar Wrote: I felt it this morning, the best time of the year is on it's way. I like spring, but fall and the holiday season beats it hands down. Harvest, family, love. Love it!Thumbs Up

Funny you mentioned it, we had our first dew on the car as I went to run errands this morning.
I was ready as I installed new wipers yesterday. Smiling
(09-07-2013, 09:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 08:50 AM)Scar Wrote: I felt it this morning, the best time of the year is on it's way. I like spring, but fall and the holiday season beats it hands down. Harvest, family, love. Love it!Thumbs Up

Funny you mentioned it, we had our first dew on the car as I went to run errands this morning.

I am looking forward to the Oktoberfest celebrations. I remember from last year that locally they are held in September not October.

Oktoberfest in Germany 2013 begins on Saturday, September 21 and ends on Sunday, October 6
Well it's definitely harvest time. My water melons and cantaloupes are done. But we are in for some more intense heat so don't get too excited about fall yet.Smiling
(09-07-2013, 09:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I am looking forward to the Oktoberfest celebrations. I remember from last year that locally they are held in September not October.

Oktoberfest in Germany 2013 begins on Saturday, September 21 and ends on Sunday, October 6

Anything that involves beer.
Woo Hoo. Fall is here and it feels like it too. Furnace inspection, check. Fire wood stacked and covered, check. Freezer full, check. Obtain highest quality woman to winter with, check!Big Grin
(09-22-2013, 01:11 PM)Scar Wrote: Woo Hoo. Fall is here and it feels like it too. Furnace inspection, check. Fire wood stacked and covered, check. Freezer full, check. Obtain highest quality woman to winter with, check!Big Grin

Those are the phone calls I have to make tomorrow...other than the woman part. Smiling
(09-07-2013, 01:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Anything that involves beer.
Not anything. I would have to be real drunk already to drink beer out of Jenifer Aniston's belly button.

My youngest warmonger got to go to the real one about six years ago. Germany was his first duty station.
(09-22-2013, 02:06 PM)Larry Wrote:

My youngest warmonger got to go to the real one about six years ago. Germany was his first duty station.
I went to one in Munich in 1969. I went to another in Stuttgart when I was in high school. I liked being an Army brat. I got to live in Italy and Germany during most of my high School years.
(09-22-2013, 02:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I went to one in Munich in 1969. I went to another in Stuttgart when I was in high school. I liked being an Army brat. I got to live in Italy and Germany during most of my high School years.

That sounds awesome!

1969 Munich ? I might have been there with you Laughing
(09-22-2013, 01:19 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 01:11 PM)Scar Wrote: Woo Hoo. Fall is here and it feels like it too. Furnace inspection, check. Fire wood stacked and covered, check. Freezer full, check. Obtain highest quality woman to winter with, check!Big Grin

Those are the phone calls I have to make tomorrow...other than the woman part. Smiling
Big Grin
Who do you call to fill up the freezer?
(09-22-2013, 03:27 PM)Scar Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 01:19 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

Big Grin
Who do you call to fill up the freezer?

The butcher. Smiling
(09-22-2013, 02:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 09:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Funny you mentioned it, we had our first dew on the car as I went to run errands this morning.

1969 Munich ? I might have been there with you Laughing

I was just outside of Munich from 1977-1981 although I was not a military brat. Last two years of high school and the first two years of marriage to an MP. Loved it and travelled to Italy to be a tourist and to visit relatives, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, Luxemburg and England. Went to the Oktoberfest in 1978 and 1980. Much preferred the local fests each town had leading up to the Oktoberfest.
"When I was Forlorn and had nothing in which to rejoice
and God sends rain...
Rain's my choice.

Paraphrasing James Whitcomb Riley (The Hoosier Poet)

It's a beautiful Oregon day
Everything is going my way
Don't matter what you do or say
It's a beautiful Oregon day.
It's the best time of year for everyone. Even the Wiccan had a celebration of Mabon last night:

[Image: good+time.jpg]

I thinks that pic is from a southern oregon celebration.Big Grin