Ladies first turkey hunt
Quote:Trisha and her cousin documented her first ever turkey hunt in the video below. Trisha stated the following on reddit.com regarding the video:

Before the video started I had stepped on the turkey’s neck for about 45+ seconds while it stopped flapping, and it hadn’t moved for bit. That’s why I was so startled when it started flapping again. I watched a lot of tutorials, and read a lot of articles before going out on the hunt. Other than some practice shoots I had no experience in hunting Turkeys. No one in my family, other than my cousin with me in the video, had been Turkey hunting before. She had only gone out once before this little adventure. So we were both very new! Everyone has to start somewhere I guess!

Note: one thing I would recommend that theses girls not do is use the butt of the shotgun as a club
Looks to be everything I hate about taking the life from wild creatures right there.
This is such a like, so like, a stupid video. So illustrating like, so like, ignorant hunters. I am like, so like, embarrassed by it.
(09-24-2013, 08:38 AM)gapper Wrote: This is such a like, so like, a stupid video. So illustrating like, so like, ignorant hunters. I am like, so like, embarrassed by it.

Well Gapper give them a break. They are obviously new at this and they seemed VERY excited to make a kill. Possibly after a lot of work and preparation.
I say good for them.

BTW I think the turkey was dead from the shot and the movement was just what happens after death.They do the same thing with no head.
When I raised turkeys I would hang them by their feet and lop their heads off, But first I would tie their wings closed so they don't flap around and bruise the meat.

I just hope that Ponder stays in his house in the woods because outside these predator prey killing incidents takes place hundreds of times a day. And in the wild with no shotgun the prey often suffer more than this turkey.
(09-24-2013, 10:11 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 08:38 AM)gapper Wrote: This is such a like, so like, a stupid video. So illustrating like, so like, ignorant hunters. I am like, so like, embarrassed by it.

Well Gapper give them a break. They are obviously new at this and they seemed VERY excited to make a kill. Possibly after a lot of work and preparation.
I say good for them.

I agree, to a point. Although I have a big problem with the way they use the shotgun as a club.

But, to make a video of it and then for someone to share the video on a public forum is an embarassment,to me. I feel it just plays into the hands of the anti's, as evidenced by Ponder's remarks.

I will give the ladies a break, as we all had to learn, but not the fact that they put the video up where someone could access it nor the person that shared it here.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. WinkSmiling
Yeah, the realities of hunting need to be tucked away where nobody can see them, and we'll only talk about the honor of the kill and the fresh air and the exercise and how much good our hunting license fees go to. It plays over a lot better.
(09-24-2013, 01:13 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yeah, the realities of hunting need to be tucked away where nobody can see them, and we'll only talk about the honor of the kill and the fresh air and the exercise and how much good our hunting license fees go to. It plays over a lot better.

See what I mean TV?
Ignorant zealots will think such things are the norm of hunting.
Ignorant is as ignorant does. Embarrassed
!!!
Hit him soft in the head so that you don't hurt him too much or just put a shotgun up to his head and end it. Hmmmmmmm
(09-24-2013, 01:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: [img]www.jeffhead.com/palin/palin-hunt2.jpg[/img]

You're missin' an http:// there, podner. Smiling Oh hell, I'll just do it for you:

[Image: palin-hunt2.jpg]
(09-24-2013, 01:18 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 01:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: [img]www.jeffhead.com/palin/palin-hunt2.jpg[/img]

You're missin' an http:// there, podner. Smiling Oh hell, I'll just do it for you:

[Image: palin-hunt2.jpg]

thanks! damn google image search!
(09-24-2013, 01:10 PM)gapper Wrote:

I say good for them.

I agree, to a point. Although I have a big problem with the way they use the shotgun as a club.

But, to make a video of it and then for someone to share the video on a public forum is an embarassment,to me. I feel it just plays into the hands of the anti's, as evidenced by Ponder's remarks.

I will give the ladies a break, as we all had to learn, but not the fact that they put the video up where someone could access it nor the person that shared it here.

Yes of course using the shotgun butt as as club was unsafe.
I guess they put the video on the internet because they were proud of making a kill.
I don't see where the result of that empowers any anti hunting people.Those people already have their minds made up.
(09-24-2013, 01:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Hit him soft in the head so that you don't hurt him too much or just put a shotgun up to his head and end it. Hmmmmmmm

Yes I noticed that Laughing. When Ever I shot a pheasant and it was still alive I just put my foot on it's head grabbed it's feet and pulled it's head off.
(09-24-2013, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I say good for them.

Not only unsafe, no way to treat a gun, in terms of proper care for said gun.

Quote:I don't see where the result of that empowers any anti hunting people.Those people already have their minds made up.
This is where I disagree, as not all "have their minds made up". There are many people that are on the fence, so to speak. There are also younger people that haven't made their minds up and if this sort of thing is seen as the norm, it does affect the opinions they will hold. The anti's such as our resident anti are likely not opposed to taking such things as this video and sharing them as being the norm with us evil hunters. People not knowing better may believe such rubbish. It hurts, in the big picture, in my opinion.
(09-24-2013, 01:13 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yeah, the realities of hunting need to be tucked away where nobody can see them, and we'll only talk about the honor of the kill and the fresh air and the exercise and how much good our hunting license fees go to. It plays over a lot better.

No all reality should be tucked away so YOU can't see them.
What do you see in this video that's so horrible? The girls are rookies, they are learning. So what?
Maybe they didn't dispatch the animal as quick as they should. Maybe like I said it was dead and just jumping around like any bird does when you lop their head off.

Either way there are more important things to worry about. You know like where did I put the bong or what part Of America can I find fault with today.Laughing

BTW Bears commonly eat eat their kill while it's still alive.You should turn them in to PETA.
PETA would have a field day with you guys. Smiling
(09-24-2013, 01:35 PM)gapper Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I say good for them.

Not only unsafe, no way to treat a gun, in terms of proper care for said gun.

Quote:I don't see where the result of that empowers any anti hunting people.Those people already have their minds made up.
This is where I disagree, as not all "have their minds made up". There are many people that are on the fence, so to speak. There are also younger people that haven't made their minds up and if this sort of thing is seen as the norm, it does affect the opinions they will hold. The anti's such as our resident anti are likely not opposed to taking such things as this video and sharing them as being the norm with us evil hunters. People not knowing better may believe such rubbish. It hurts, in the big picture, in my opinion.

I suppose so. But in the girls defense I don't think they know how stupid they really lookedRazz
No, no, it's the thrill of the hunt, them against nature. This is something primal and there's honor to it. You're losing it here.
(09-24-2013, 01:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: No, no, it's the thrill of the hunt, them against nature. This is something primal and there's honor to it. You're losing it here.

Why don't you speak about something you actually know about?

What exactly is so wrong here that you mock all hunters?

Why can't you recognize that It was indeed thrilling for these two people to kill their own game? There is some skill to it. It certainly takes more skill than to go to Safeway like you do.

I'm not losing anything that I'm aware of. You on the other other hand lose credibility every time you moan and snivel about hunting or fishing.
He does? Apparently your opinion runs the universe. Or at least that's the way you present yourself here.