It Broke--Good or Bad?
Walter White is dead.
So are lots of other folks.

Jessie Pickman is in the wind.

Crank is still on the streets.

A good man gone bad, or a bad man exposed?

So Tia, what are we to think?
Got to love the song "Crystal Blue!"
Of course, Lydia has the "flu!"
First of all Wonky thanks a lot for telling me the end of the last episode before I could watchSad

You know the bikers down the street from your house? Yeah the noisy ones.
Well I left a note on their door after I spray painted it red and along with your name and address. It said F** off all bikers are pussies and you were sick of them being in the same neighborhood.

And secondondily ..Who said Walt was dead? I say the ambulance saved his life. You think they really killed the Golden Goose?
(09-30-2013, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: First of all Wonky thanks a lot for telling me the end of the last episode before I could watchSad

Well I left a note on their door after I spray painted it red and along with your name and address. It said F** off all bikers are pussies and you were sick of them being in the same neighborhood.

And secondondily ..Who said Walt was dead? I say the ambulance saved his life. You think they really killed the Golden Goose?

Hey Skippy,
You see a Topic, "Broke Bad" and you go ahead and have a look?
Wink
Now call off the bikers. I got beat up by a couple of Brownie Scouts yesterday.
(09-30-2013, 05:33 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: First of all Wonky thanks a lot for telling me the end of the last episode before I could watchSad

Hey Skippy,
You see a Topic, "Broke Bad" and you go ahead and have a look?
Wink
Now call off the bikers. I got beat up by a couple of Brownie Scouts yesterday.

No the title I saw said "It Broke--Good or Bad?" And I had no clue that it had anything to do with a show called "breaking bad" Far as I knew you were talking about your back.Razz
I really wonder if anyone made that connection.

It's no big deal but no I'm not calling off the Bikers.

BTW you didn't answer Who said Walt was dead? You think they really killed the Golden Goose?
Yeah, well, a "spoiler alert" is never a bad thing. Sorry TV. Where were you? TV history and all that?

Wonky. I liked it. I don't think it was perfect, but I had to think on it for a while. And I've discovered I love it. Not because I found the ending so awesome, but because this series did something for me no other series has done. It has been like a book. It starts with "Once upon a time" and it ends with "The End". It ends the story. It isn't open ended. It tells a story and finishes the story. A really great story. Awesome. TV doesn't really do that. I really like the feeling of having been told a really great story. I can tell because I find myself thinking about it throughout the day. That's always a sign for me that a show, or book has been a really great one: It stays with me and resonates with me. So, in my book I really loved it.

Did Walt get what he deserves? Gilligan answered it best by saying Walt goes out with his "Precious" as in Lord of the Rings, Gollum style Precious. Pretty accurate.
(09-30-2013, 06:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, well, a "spoiler alert" is never a bad thing. Sorry TV. Where were you? TV history and all that?

I don't watch TV every single day. And I almost always watch my favorite shows when they are recorded anywaySmiling

Quote:Wonky. I liked it. I don't think it was perfect, but I had to think on it for a while. And I've discovered I love it. Not because I found the ending so awesome, but because this series did something for me no other series has done. It has been like a book. It starts with "Once upon a time" and it ends with "The End". It ends the story. It isn't open ended. It tells a story and finishes the story. A really great story. Awesome. TV doesn't really do that.

No not normally but IMO "Lonesome dove" was VERY similar to a good book.

But as far as the end. Is it for sure? Because they could come back and show that Walt didn't actually die.
As a matter of fact they even tried to continue that story by going back when Gus and wahtshisname were young.
Mark my words Titanic 2 will come out soon.Razz
So glad I don't watch that show! :-/
(09-30-2013, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 06:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, well, a "spoiler alert" is never a bad thing. Sorry TV. Where were you? TV history and all that?

I don't watch TV every single day. And I almost always watch my favorite shows when they are recorded anywaySmiling

Quote:Wonky. I liked it. I don't think it was perfect, but I had to think on it for a while. And I've discovered I love it. Not because I found the ending so awesome, but because this series did something for me no other series has done. It has been like a book. It starts with "Once upon a time" and it ends with "The End". It ends the story. It isn't open ended. It tells a story and finishes the story. A really great story. Awesome. TV doesn't really do that.

But as far as the end. Is it for sure? Because they could come back and show that Walt didn't actually die.
As a matter of fact they even tried to continue that story by going back when Gus and wahtshisname were young.

Good point(s).
I agree Tia, that it was really strong on place/characters/plot...like a good novel. And TVg, I see your point about comparing it to "Lonesome Dove" (maybe the best ever TV series). The real value of series stuff is that, done well, we get to know the characters really well.

I didn't see every episode but still was able to follow the plot.

I do have one picky thing: I don't think Walt's son (blanking right now) was well developed. Maybe that's just me. And, by season's end he looked for all the world like a 35 year old.

One thing I really liked was Mr. White's "work ethic". Yeah, he was cooking crank but he wanted the best, and he was responsible to the work setting, his commitment to seeing the work completely finished and a good "clean well lighted" work place. If nothing else, he taught Jessie those values.

PS: Bryan Cranston (walt) is scheduled to play Lydon Johnston, on Stage. Hope they film it for TV.

Uh.....TV? Lonesome Dove WAS a GOOD BOOK.

And yeah, it's a good thing. They knew it when they wrote it this way. That's why it went out on top.
No, he (Walt Jr.)wasn't well developed. But he was 14 when he began the series and 21 when it ended.
(09-30-2013, 07:56 PM)Scrapper Wrote: So glad I don't watch that show! :-/

Why?
(09-30-2013, 08:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yes I know Lonesome dove was first a book. You said BB was "like a book" you said TV doesn't really do that. I just remembered how much Lonesome dove was presented like a book.
Lots of movies were a book first and don't come off that way on TV.

Anyway the end would have been better if a certain someone hadn't given it awayRazz
(09-30-2013, 08:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Why?

Because Wonky would have ruined the ending for her tooLaughingLaughing
(09-30-2013, 08:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote: No, he (Walt Jr.)wasn't well developed. But he was 14 when he began the series and 21 when it ended.

Maybe Wonky doesn't know that Walt Jr.s disability was not an act.
(09-30-2013, 08:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes I know Lonesome dove was first a book. You said BB was "like a book" you said TV doesn't really do that. I just remembered how much Lonesome dove was presented like a book.

Anyway the end would have been better if a certain someone hadn't given it awayRazz

Well, Lonesome Dove was a book. A great book. That's my point. Good (and bad books) are made into movies all the time. But how often is a television show written like a book? I guess I'm saying that's one of the the things that made it a really good show for me, that that level of writing could come off in an original television screenplay. Don't see that very often. And for all it being an origninal screenplay, it was very much like a play. A Greek Tragedy.

I don't watch TV at all really. Just that one. And while I rarely watch a show when it's actually airing, I made the exception for BB. Now I will probably watch Homeland.

But really, now, TV. You knew Walt would die. Right? It was just a question of how?
(09-30-2013, 08:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 08:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote: No, he (Walt Jr.)wasn't well developed. But he was 14 when he began the series and 21 when it ended.

Maybe Wonky doesn't know that Walt Jr.s disability was not an act.

Nice run for an actor with a major disability, right? I assume Wonky does know but doesn't feel it's necessary to establish whether or not the character was well developed or not.
(09-30-2013, 08:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 08:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Why?

Because Wonky would have ruined the ending for her tooLaughingLaughing

Sometimes when a show becomes super popular and I haven't watched it and it becomes meteoric like that, I actually don't want to watch it. I never got into Lost, although I tried it. Couldn't get into Mad Men or The Sopranos either.
(09-30-2013, 08:25 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 08:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, Lonesome Dove was a book. A great book. That's my point. Good (and bad books) are made into movies all the time. But how often is a television show written like a book? I guess I'm saying that's one of the the things that made it a really good show for me, that that level of writing could come off in an original television screenplay. Don't see that very often. And for all it being an origninal screenplay, it was very much like a play. A Greek Tragedy.

I don't watch TV at all really. Just that one. And while I rarely watch a show when it's actually airing, I made the exception for BB. Now I will probably watch Homeland.

But really, now, TV. You knew Walt would die. Right? It was just a question of how?

No I didn't and neither did you. It was indeed VERY likely but watching the ending knowing for sure Walt would die was different than there being another possibility.
And like I said, no one pronounced him dead. I believe they left it open to debate just in case.