Do Not Hire Republicans or their Children; Don't Even Pet Their Dogs
If you value the freedoms that you still have, do not support those that would happily take them away.

Who is bigger threat to you and your family and who is more likely to try and force their will on you?

A) The Muslim next door

B) The Taliban

C) The illegal immigrant

D) The Tea Party Republican

It is clearly the Tea Party Republican. They are the enemy; make no mistake about it. You are more likely to be negatively affected by the actions of these malcontents and haters of the American worker then by any other group of people.

They are not a protected class you can and should discriminate against these people. You need to do your best to find out how your plumber, electrician, child care provider, landscape maintenance person, restaurant owner votes. If they vote Republican dump them.
It's not the dogs fault.
Without a doubt... "D".
Quote: Cletus

They are not a protected class you can and should discriminate against these people. You need to do your best to find out how your plumber, electrician, child care provider, landscape maintenance person, restaurant owner votes. If they vote Republican dump them.

Right because then they will just dry up, blow away and can't vote.

landscape maintenance person " OH! you mean gardener? How many Mexicans vote or are republicans?
I was talking to someone that's been paying a white guy $18.50 an hour to mow her lawn, with her mower! (and, other gardening chores as well.) She only wishes she could find a Mexican.
(10-01-2013, 11:00 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I was talking to someone that's been paying a white guy $18.50 an hour to mow her lawn, with her mower! (and, other gardening chores as well.) She only wishes she could find a Mexican.

Now days $18.50 isn't all that much. I don't know the average charge but I bet that's about right. She could look on Craigslist under service/farm&garden.
They should be flocking to work for $15 was our own opinions. Smiling
(10-01-2013, 11:00 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I was talking to someone that's been paying a white guy $18.50 an hour to mow her lawn, with her mower! (and, other gardening chores as well.) She only wishes she could find a Mexican.

Several years ago I worked for an elderly couple who were staunch Democrats. I did everything from mowing to home improvements like window installation. They were the parents of my next door neighbor and they were in need. Because I loved this family I negotiated a fee of $15 and hour. Because they respected me and valued hard work and effort and knowledge, the re-nogotiated to $20 an hour. (They also supplied all of the tools and machinery to do the jobs that they needed done.) I worked for this couple in my spare time on the weekends for over 7 years. My availability to them was the only problem as they wanted to have me there more often, and they never hired someone else in my absence. Unfortunately, my professional vocation paid me a package that was more than triple of that what they could afford.) This couple who lived well within their means, was painfully aware of what a living wage is.
Get on CL and look at what is being offered to someone who is a skilled laborer. It's ridiculous. When you go to school to learn something that others can't do, and you pay for this education with your time and money, you should be paid accordingly. If not, then we should be paying doctors $15 an hour. In most cases, you find someone to do the work you don't want to do, moreover, you can't do it because you lack the knowledge. Teachers teach doctors how to be doctors. Why are teachers being paid less than a majority of educated professionals?
Also, if you want to become rich, then learn football. A vast majority of American States highest paid public employees are football coaches.
The saddest thing Clete is that you seem to truly believe it's only the R's fault. That it is actually okay to not negotiate . We get a "clean" CR or we will table the bill you send. Maybe some good will actually come out of this.

When it shut down in '95 It gave Clinton a chance to be fiscally responsible. The R's really made him the hero. We both know that poor Pres. Obama doesn't Have as much of a teflon coating as his predecessors
(10-02-2013, 05:39 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: The saddest thing Clete is that you seem to truly believe it's only the R's fault. That it is actually okay to not negotiate . We get a "clean" CR or we will table the bill you send. Maybe some good will actually come out of this.

When it shut down in '95 It gave Clinton a chance to be fiscally responsible. The R's really made him the hero. We both know that poor Pres. Obama doesn't Have as much of a teflon coating as his predecessors

I absolutely believe it is entirely the House Republicans fault as do most other Americans because it is. Most reasonable people understand shutting down the government because you don't like a law that was passed and survived a Supreme Court Challenge is stupid.

How about I take all the tools you need to work out of your garage and then accuse you of not being willing to negotiate to get some of them back.

Obamacare has nothing to do with keeping our country functioning. The crybaby losers are screwing with peoples livelihoods because the cant delay Obamacare.

So, yes I believe that the Federal Government shutdown is entirely the fault of the Tea Party Republicans and that spineless Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Edit: Here is is in a nutshell. "There is, of course, the Senate bill, which is a center-right proposal embraced by Senate Democrats and the White House, and which enjoys bipartisan support in the House. If House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) brought it to the floor for a vote, it would very likely pass and the shutdown would be over."
(10-02-2013, 07:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 05:39 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: The saddest thing Clete is that you seem to truly believe it's only the R's fault. That it is actually okay to not negotiate . We get a "clean" CR or we will table the bill you send. Maybe some good will actually come out of this.

I absolutely believe it is entirely the House Republicans fault as do most other Americans because it is. Most reasonable people understand shutting down the government because you don't like a law that was passed and survived a Supreme Court Challenge is stupid.

How about I take all the tools you need to work out of your garage and then accuse you of not being willing to negotiate to get some of them back.

Obamacare has nothing to do with keeping our country functioning. The crybaby losers are screwing with peoples livelihoods because the cant delay Obamacare.

So, yes I believe that the Federal Government shutdown is entirely the fault of the Tea Party Republicans and that spineless Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Edit: Here is is in a nutshell. "There is, of course, the Senate bill, which is a center-right proposal embraced by Senate Democrats and the White House, and which enjoys bipartisan support in the House. If House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) brought it to the floor for a vote, it would very likely pass and the shutdown would be over."
As slavery was upheld too. Seems a bit more civil than war huh?