Who were the moderators that left?
So, someone on here is a real piece of work...doing their darnedest to make sure that we remain unmoderated or maybe even eventually get shut down. Lovely!
Nice to know we have such a loser in our midst...NOT!
Given that I didn't even realize we had active mods, I'm going to guess that the person or persons who did this were being messaged by the mods about their behavior on the forum and decided they didn't want to be told what to do.
is it snowing in SD yet?
(10-03-2013, 03:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: is it snowing in SD yet?

Big Grin
As I recall it was Wildfire that did the exact same thing to the moderators of ILGP. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money there.
(10-03-2013, 03:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: is it snowing in SD yet?

Not on my side. Smiling We aren't supposed to get snow here with this system. I'm in eastern SD. We won't even hit freezing during this one. Then next week, we are back in the 70's.
In fact, I haven't even turned on my heat yet...but maybe tonight.
Quote: Rowan..Given that I didn't even realize we had active mods, I'm going to guess that the person or persons who did this were being messaged by the mods about their behavior on the forum and decided they didn't want to be told what to do.

(10-03-2013, 03:43 PM)broadzilla Wrote: So, someone on here is a real piece of work...doing their darnedest to make sure that we remain unmoderated or maybe even eventually get shut down. Lovely!

Maybe maybe not. I'm still thinking about this. I mean who has actually been in trouble with the mods to be so vindictive? Not me, that's for sure. If I get a warning or even when I got booted I asked for and expected it.
And I just don't think Scar cares a whole lot either.

I think it's something personal that may have little to do with whether we are moderated or not.
(10-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote: As I recall it was Wildfire that did the exact same thing to the moderators of ILGP. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money there.

I was actually thinking of the GP people but I didn't want to piss any of them off. Because it's only obvious that the farther north of Medford you go the dumber people get.LaughingRazz
(10-03-2013, 04:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote: As I recall it was Wildfire that did the exact same thing to the moderators of ILGP. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money there.

I was actually thinking of the GP people but I didn't want to piss any of them off. Because it's only obvious that the farther north of Medford you go the dumber people get.LaughingRazz

Are you not feeling well? Razz
(10-03-2013, 04:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Are you not feeling well? Razz

You are way north aren't youLaughing
(10-03-2013, 04:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: Because it's only obvious that the farther north of Medford you go the dumber people get.LaughingRazz

There might be some truth to that.
(10-03-2013, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote: Rowan..Given that I didn't even realize we had active mods, I'm going to guess that the person or persons who did this were being messaged by the mods about their behavior on the forum and decided they didn't want to be told what to do.

(10-03-2013, 03:43 PM)broadzilla Wrote: So, someone on here is a real piece of work...doing their darnedest to make sure that we remain unmoderated or maybe even eventually get shut down. Lovely!

Maybe maybe not. I'm still thinking about this. I mean who has actually been in trouble with the mods to be so vindictive? Not me, that's for sure. If I get a warning or even when I got booted I asked for and expected it.

I think it's something personal that may have little to do with whether we are moderated or not.

Given how seldom moderation actually happens, I wouldn't think it likely to be some bystander who got pissed that someone else's post was deleted.

The other possibility is someone going nuts at the moderator for NOT doing their job, but given the venting on the forum, I'd think the people against moderation are more likely to become abusive toward the mods.

I've never even been in communication with a moderator, so I have no clue what happens when one is warned or pre-warned or whatever happens if/when someone decides you might be going too far.
(10-03-2013, 05:04 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Given how seldom moderation actually happens, I wouldn't think it likely to be some bystander who got pissed that someone else's post was deleted.

The other possibility is someone going nuts at the moderator for NOT doing their job, but given the venting on the forum, I'd think the people against moderation are more likely to become abusive toward the mods.

I've never even been in communication with a moderator, so I have no clue what happens when one is warned or pre-warned or whatever happens if/when someone decides you might be going too far.

Seems like you are excluding the very real possibility that it's someone who is and was nuts before they ever came here.

The mods never get in to any crap with you they simply warn you and post the rule you broke. And then again and eventually you get a level showing how close you are to being kicked off.
I can't really imagine anyone getting pissed at a mod from what I've seen from them.
It's like DUH how many freaking warnings do ya need?
Seeing as how we're talking about moderators being allegedly outed, it seems to me that some communication would be needed, if for no other reason than to try to figure out who they were before you could out them.

So I'm going to stick with my assumption that it's someone messaged by the mods about their behavior, though I will modify that to include people who engaged in PMs with the mods about their warning levels.
Thats it! We are taking a left turn to another question: Who are the members that contributed approximately 100 reports a week. Would you like to see a list of the all the regular suspects from my point of view? Really? OK fine, here they are and I like most of them:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

If you don't think you belong on this list defend yourself.Big Grin
100 a week?! Damn!
At the height of my reporting, I estimate I made 2 to 4 reports a day, and that would generally be only for a period of a few days at a time when things were going absolutely bonkers.

I think the last time I reported anything was well over a month ago, and before that I'd been reporting maybe once every couple of weeks if I saw something particularly egregious, but less and less as time has passed. I've long since lost faith that the report button actually gets responded to.

I can say that at least one other person on that list has confided to me that they've stopped reporting, too, because they also believe there's no point to it any more.
Really? Really? I am blown away that this problem or this thread even exists. This just reinforces my position that my membership here is something to be ashamed of.
(10-03-2013, 06:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: At the height of my reporting, I estimate I made 2 to 4 reports a day, and that would generally be only for a period of a few days at a time when things were going absolutely bonkers.

I think the last time I reported anything was well over a month ago, and before that I'd been reporting maybe once every couple of weeks if I saw something particularly egregious, but less and less as time has passed. I've long since lost faith that the report button actually gets responded to.

I can say that at least one other person on that list has confided to me that they've stopped reporting, too, because they also believe there's no point to it any more.

From my perch the abuse has tamed, The FU fest hasn't been on for a couple of years.
I think the number of people posting has dropped as well.