Who were the moderators that left?
(10-03-2013, 04:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote: As I recall it was Wildfire that did the exact same thing to the moderators of ILGP. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money there.

I was actually thinking of the GP people but I didn't want to piss any of them off. Because it's only obvious that the farther north of Medford you go the dumber people get.LaughingRazz

Are you not feeling well? Razz

You are way north aren't youLaughing

South. Big Grin

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=timbuktu&...,+Mali&z=2
(10-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote: As I recall it was Wildfire that did the exact same thing to the moderators of ILGP. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money there.

OK, I've thought about this too. For a person to become so pissed off at the RVF as to threaten moderators personally, a person would have to feel particularly affected by whatever policy the moderators were upholding. Who has that sort of motivation? It would have to be someone (or, their sock puppet) that was suspended at some point in time (or, possibly publicly outed, although I'm having a hard time who that might have been other than Wildfire, who has outed himself numerous times so hence couldn't be expected to have that same level of antagonism).

Hence, I would suggest the list of those who are banned now or have been temporarily banned in the past. Those would include:

Simon
Scar
Ham Sandwich
Vis4V
and possibly Salamus, although he's been gone and not heard from in a long time.
I'd personally add Larry too, since he's an avowed drama queen and sock puppet creator with angry and possibly violent overtones.

I suppose his enemies could add Illc to this list too, although Illc seems particularly unlikely to me.

If I had handwritten denials from those on this list, I might be able to pin it down more using graphology. Smiling
(10-03-2013, 10:22 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Kgasso mentioned that moderators have left because they were publicly outed and threatened, both here and on social media. Since I don't do social media, and I was never aware of who any of the moderators are/were. I kind of liked Fatty Weasel, and don't think I ever heard even pseudonyms for any of the other. Were any of them someone we would all know from the forum?

If it's a sin to say publicly maybe someone can pm me on this. In return, maybe I can tell you something juicy too. Smiling

How on earth did people know who the Mods were?
Maybe back and forth conversations in PM combined with analysis of writing styles and possibly several incorrect accusations on Facebook and elsewhere before stumbling on the right ones?
(10-03-2013, 06:26 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Thats it! We are taking a left turn to another question: Who are the members that contributed approximately 100 reports a week. Would you like to see a list of the all the regular suspects from my point of view? Really? OK fine, here they are and I like most of them:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

If you don't think you belong on this list defend yourself.Big Grin

Laughing What a damn lie. Reporting is RARE for me.
(10-03-2013, 06:52 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Really? Really? I am blown away that this problem or this thread even exists. This just reinforces my position that my membership here is something to be ashamed of.

LIKE button.
(10-03-2013, 08:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: Maybe back and forth conversations in PM combined with analysis of writing styles and possibly several incorrect accusations on Facebook and elsewhere before stumbling on the right ones?

Sounds like you know too much.....
(10-03-2013, 08:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: Maybe back and forth conversations in PM combined with analysis of writing styles and possibly several incorrect accusations on Facebook and elsewhere before stumbling on the right ones?

Facebook is the single worst thing anyone concerned about privacy and security for themselves or their family could possibly do. Don't bother saying it depends on how you set your security settings because that just keeps out amateurs.
(10-03-2013, 08:19 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 06:26 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Thats it! We are taking a left turn to another question: Who are the members that contributed approximately 100 reports a week. Would you like to see a list of the all the regular suspects from my point of view? Really? OK fine, here they are and I like most of them:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

It's a lie to say "These are the people I suspect. If you are one of these people and you don't think you belong on the list speak up."?

You have an interesting definition of lying.
(10-03-2013, 08:23 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

It's a lie to say "These are the people I suspect. If you are one of these people and you don't think you belong on the list speak up."?

Have you met the bastard? I was responding to the baiting.
(10-03-2013, 08:21 PM)Larry Wrote:

Sounds like you know too much.....

I just read all posts and have a decent memory and a decent imagination when it comes to deductive possibilities from the information I've taken in.
(10-03-2013, 08:24 PM)Larry Wrote:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

You're the one who claimed he lied. I see no reason for you to honestly claim a lie from his statement unless you have reason to believe that he does not suspect the people on his list of reporting.
Those who constantly harass (via report button) the owner, and anyone he hires to moderate this site, have an over exaggerated sense of importance.

That would be scrapper.

The rest (the digging and outing and threatening) beats the hell out of me.
And your proof that Scrapper constantly harasses via report button?
(10-03-2013, 08:28 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 08:24 PM)Larry Wrote:

Scrapper
csrowan
Scar
Larry
Ponder

You're the one who claimed he lied. I see no reason for you to honestly claim a lie from his statement unless you have reason to believe that he does not suspect the people on his list of reporting.

You simply don't understand the bait he laid out. But you HAVE successfully fallen for it, which is all he requires.
(10-03-2013, 08:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: And your proof that Scrapper constantly harasses via report button?

Maybe you should ask her?
Most generally when a person makes a claim it is their duty to prove it also.
As a side note, a forum administrator can create user level permissions, or create groups with specific permissions and assign users to groups.

I don't know if the report button is one of the permissions that can be limited, but if it is, kgasso might be interested in limiting the permissions of people who abuse the report feature. Then again, I haven't seen anyone banned for abusing the report button and I haven't seen any rules about not hitting the report button too much.

Still, it's a thought. Hit the button too much for the wrong reasons, get a warning. Keep hitting it for the wrong reasons, lose your ability to hit it. Or, if that's not possible, lose your ability to post active links or images. I know that's possible. Or lose your ability to post in the debate threads. It can all be done.

This whole silent moderation in the background thing was the problem, in my opinion. If no one sees the police with their radar guns, no one thinks the police are on the lookout for speeders. So there's no reason for people not to speed.

If we're going to have moderation, we need to see the speed traps, even when no one is speeding. We need to be warned to slow down without anyone being given a ticket. We'll still have the occasional speeder, but we won't turn into the drag strip every weekend.

That's my two cents and then some. Keep the change.
(10-03-2013, 08:43 PM)csrowan Wrote: As a side note, a forum administrator can create user level permissions, or create groups with specific permissions and assign users to groups.

I don't know if the report button is one of the permissions that can be limited, but if it is, kgasso might be interested in limiting the permissions of people who abuse the report feature. Then again, I haven't seen anyone banned for abusing the report button and I haven't seen any rules about not hitting the report button too much.

Still, it's a thought. Hit the button too much for the wrong reasons, get a warning. Keep hitting it for the wrong reasons, lose your ability to hit it. Or, if that's not possible, lose your ability to post active links or images. I know that's possible. Or lose your ability to post in the debate threads. It can all be done.

This whole silent moderation in the background thing was the problem, in my opinion. If no one sees the police with their radar guns, no one thinks the police are on the lookout for speeders. So there's no reason for people not to speed.

If we're going to have moderation, we need to see the speed traps, even when no one is speeding. We need to be warned to slow down without anyone being given a ticket. We'll still have the occasional speeder, but we won't turn into the drag strip every weekend.

That's my two cents and then some. Keep the change.

I agree with this. The "moderation" was invisible.
At least at one point, Kgasso actively asked us to report violations. How else could he know, unless he reads every single post himself?

I always presumed he was setting the forum up for automatic moderation, where so many reports or such a percentage of views to reports triggered automatic deletion, at least until a human could look at things. I presume that's how it actually works in real life, too. If it doesn't, it should. Smiling

As to speculations to my own reporting, I like the free flow of information, unimpeded by obstacles such as copyright law and patents. What I don't like is personal attacks because someone doesn't like ideas being freely shared. Would and do I report posts that violate this personal set of ethics? Of course.

Just as easily as software could be set up to take out offending posts based on reports, software could just as easily be set up to disregard reports from chronic reporters that abuse the privilege. I presume Kgasso has something like this set up just the same as well, and prefers not to talk about it. And I'm fine with that, too.