Who were the moderators that left?
(10-07-2013, 10:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: Apparently there's still some moderation going on. A post I made last night was missing when I logged on this morning. My warning level is still at zero, just as it always has been. And even though my deleted post did contain a single expletive and a bad attitude toward another poster, it was not threatening, aggressive, or in my opinion harassing. It was, however, posted in the lounge, although I didn't personally feel it was all that bad when compared to the crap that's gone on in the lounge that never got deleted, and it was on topic to a conversation that had been progressing there.

So my guess is that my post caused a particularly nasty, overblown, out of proportion response. Either that or it provided the fuel for a flame war between two or more individuals. Or maybe

In the end, something likely got reported and, for a change, got dealt with (although I do wish my post hadn't gotten deleted too, but I understand why it was). My regrets are twofold. First, that we were not informed by kgasso or a moderator that such an event took place, posts were deleted, warnings were given, and future behavior of similar nature will not be tolerated; and second, that I was not able to read the offending posts before they were deleted.

boo freaking hooLaughing such an injusticeLaughing
(10-07-2013, 10:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: Apparently there's still some moderation going on. A post I made last night was missing when I logged on this morning. My warning level is still at zero, just as it always has been. And even though my deleted post did contain a single expletive and a bad attitude toward another poster, it was not threatening, aggressive, or in my opinion harassing. It was, however, posted in the lounge, although I didn't personally feel it was all that bad when compared to the crap that's gone on in the lounge that never got deleted, and it was on topic to a conversation that had been progressing there.

So my guess is that my post caused a particularly nasty, overblown, out of proportion response. Either that or it provided the fuel for a flame war between two or more individuals. Or maybe

In the end, something likely got reported and, for a change, got dealt with (although I do wish my post hadn't gotten deleted too, but I understand why it was). My regrets are twofold. First, that we were not informed by kgasso or a moderator that such an event took place, posts were deleted, warnings were given, and future behavior of similar nature will not be tolerated; and second, that I was not able to read the offending posts before they were deleted.

Since no one is paying for that service, there is no reason to complain. Unless one feels that they are somehow entitled to it.
How quaint. The troll thinks there's no reason to voice an opinion on a discussion forum. Does this mean he'll stop coming here to voice the opinions of the right-wing nut-jobs who are pulling his puppet strings?
(10-07-2013, 10:36 AM)csrowan Wrote: How quaint. The troll thinks there's no reason to voice an opinion on a discussion forum. Does this mean he'll stop coming here to voice the opinions of the right-wing nut-jobs who are pulling his puppet strings?

Tv voiced his opinion and it didn't get deleted, oth, you told him to fuck himself and his opinion. That got deleted.
(10-07-2013, 10:41 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 10:36 AM)csrowan Wrote: How quaint. The troll thinks there's no reason to voice an opinion on a discussion forum. Does this mean he'll stop coming here to voice the opinions of the right-wing nut-jobs who are pulling his puppet strings?

Tv voiced his opinion and it didn't get deleted, oth, you told him to fuck himself and his opinion. That got deleted.

But, but, but csrowan is entitled to make personal attacks. Special isn't he.
Laughing

Have you seen the personal attacks TV makes? How about the personal attacks OL makes?
(10-07-2013, 10:46 AM)Scar Wrote: But, but, but csrowan is entitled to make personal attacks. Special isn't he.

Apparently not if they got pulled. Smiling
This topic title in itself is disgusting. It's none of your fucking business who the mods were. Nor mine. Why would you give a shit, unless you desire to continue to harass them?
That settles it. I'm opening a bottle of a Makers Mark and do a self-attack within moderation. (Served neat) Smiling

When posting in the lounge the following is posted on top of the page.

"Argument, debate, and political discussion are not allowed in this section of the site and will be removed."

I think it was probably pulled down to stop further argument. Using the F word probably didn't help either. There's plenty of places to argue and cuss people out on this forum. Some people would like to go to a thread with out having to read that kind of stuff. Maybe Kgasso is too busy to tell us why it was done.
No one has ever been told why their posts are deleted since this forum opened, but I bet most people can figure out why. If the question is actually why was my post pulled and not his or some such, the obvious answer is that someone made a judgement call.

It is my opinion that some people expect way too much of moderators. They checked in here in their spare time. They can't sit here refereeing ridiculous fights 6 to 8 hours a day.
My take? I know... meaningless... but you're getting it any way. Rolling Eyes

The owner of this site made a request to clean things up.
The owner of this site asked for volunteers to moderate.
Which tells me that the owner of this site wanted to make a change.
The problem came in when the owner of this site didn't stand behind their word.
The problem came in (if and...) when volunteer moderators were allowed to be threatened.
This thread is a prime example. A thread with members trying to figure out who the moderators were and why they left... allowed to stand.
Which tells me that some one needs to grow a pair.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. And back up your words with action.
Otherwise... This site is left like it is... With the a$swipes taking over and the forum dangling from the edge of a cliff.

The sad thing? Once Kgasso has had enough and closes the place down... the a$swipes won't give a sh*t. They won't even care that they won.
All efforts to get members to follow all the rules have been fruitless. There comes a time when it is no longer worth a sustained effort; so you go after the most egregious posts and call it good enough.

If this place was moderated very strictly, few people would remain unscathed not even Scrapper.

If a person cant handle this place my advice to them is to not participate here. How is it that some of us can ignore the trolls and go our merry ways while others constantly want someone banned or sanctioned. This place is not real life. Chill the fuck out.
(10-08-2013, 08:47 AM)cletus1 Wrote: All efforts to get members to follow all the rules have been fruitless. There comes a time when it is no longer worth a sustained effort; so you go after the most egregious posts and call it good enough.
Because the rules were never fully enforced... and the a$swipes have been well aware of that.

If this place was moderated very strictly, few people would remain unscathed not even Scrapper.
Hey... I'm okay with that. I have even reported my own posts a time or two.

If a person cant handle this place my advice to them is to not participate here. How is it that some of us can ignore the trolls and go our merry ways while others constantly want someone banned or sanctioned. This place is not real life. Chill the fuck out.
As long as we ALL know the rules... or lack there of.
Saying there are rules in place... but not enforcing them... and then being surprised when the a$swipes take over? Really? Rolling Eyes
Do it. Don't do it. But grow a friggin pair and say what you mean & mean what you say.
(10-08-2013, 08:47 AM)cletus1 Wrote: All efforts to get members to follow all the rules have been fruitless. There comes a time when it is no longer worth a sustained effort; so you go after the most egregious posts and call it good enough.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Cletus. People need to stop the incessant whining, ignore posts they don't like, and get on with it.
(10-08-2013, 07:59 AM)Scrapper Wrote: This thread is a prime example. A thread with members trying to figure out who the moderators were and why they left... allowed to stand.
[color=#FF0000][b]

Gee, I only thought I verbalized what everyone else was probably wondering. I certainly wasn't castigating the moderators, I held them in admiration that they would try. From the sounds of things, it sounds like Cletus must have been one of them. Smiling

(At one point I thought about pretending I was one of them. Now wouldn't that burn some butts.) Laughing
(10-08-2013, 09:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 07:59 AM)Scrapper Wrote: This thread is a prime example. A thread with members trying to figure out who the moderators were and why they left... allowed to stand.
[color=#FF0000][b]

Gee, I only thought I verbalized what everyone else was probably wondering. I certainly wasn't castigating the moderators, I held them in admiration that they would try. From the sounds of things, it sounds like Cletus must have been one of them. Smiling

(At one point I thought about pretending I was one of them. Now wouldn't that burn some butts.) Laughing

It doesn't matter what every one else was thinking or wondering. In my mind... it's about protecting your Moderators. That obviously did not happen. And... continues.
I was just shocked that my post was pulled, given the relative tameness compared to everything else that polluted this site, even in the lounge. That, correlated with the face that my warning level stayed at zero gave me reason to believe that my post was pulled as the result of another post in response to it.

I explained all that in my post above. Not that anyone has bothered to discuss my reasoning.
(10-08-2013, 07:59 AM)Scrapper Wrote: My take? I know... meaningless... but you're getting it any way. Rolling Eyes

The owner of this site made a request to clean things up.
The owner of this site asked for volunteers to moderate.
Which tells me that the owner of this site wanted to make a change.
The problem came in when the owner of this site didn't stand behind their word.
The problem came in (if and...) when volunteer moderators were allowed to be threatened.
This thread is a prime example. A thread with members trying to figure out who the moderators were and why they left... allowed to stand.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. And back up your words with action.
Otherwise... This site is left like it is... With the a$swipes taking over and the forum dangling from the edge of a cliff.

The sad thing? Once Kgasso has had enough and closes the place down... the a$swipes won't give a sh*t. They won't even care that they won.

You can be an asswipe yourself Scrapper. The way you LOVE to HOUND anyone you don't like must be totally obvious to everyone by now.

And what you do and always have done is exacerbate problems caused by other people or create them with your never ending hounding.
You take a GREAT amount of pleasure following around people you don't like with your remarks.

If the forum is ever shut down you will be a lot more responsible then most people here.
The fact that you can't see that is AMAZING. If there isn't a ten by eleven glossy of your mug next to the word Hypocrite in the dictionary then truth and justice in the world is gone for everLaughing

Fuckin A tweedy