Who were the moderators that left?
(10-09-2013, 10:51 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 10:49 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 10:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 08:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 08:14 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I have given a little thought about the nature of people that post on this forum. I think some of the disagreement over moderation here is because some folks are rule based and some are choice based.

It is my opinion that rule based people don't always need to understand what the rule is supposed to accomplish. However, when they do, they see justice as strict enforcement of the rules and want violators to be sanctioned even for chickenshit offences. Having said that, the rule people are naturally going to be the biggest complainers and take up more of the moderators time than the choice folks.

What I regularly see on this forum is that the rule lovers also see the rules as a way to punish their detractors and people they disagree with.

Pastor Cletus says: Defeat your opponents with your ability to make more compelling arguments then they do or ignore them when they are trolling and for God's sake quit yer incessant bitching. Big Grin

Pastor Cletus... Bullsh*t! Rolling Eyes

This falls squarely on the shoulders of the OWNER. If the OWNER didn't want to be bothered by REPORTED posts/threads... then the OWNER should not have STATED there would be a change in the rules and REQUEST that the forum members REPORT offending posts/threads.

I know that you don't want to admit that the OWNER could possibly have any fault here whatsoever... and you think it's easier to place blame elsewhere... but that's chickensh*t. If the OWNER decided that he didn't like the way HIS new rules were going... then then OWNER should have stepped up to the plate and said... this isn't working for me... no more rules... you all are on your own again.

Fault for what? You are acting like a major catastrophe has occurred on this forum and the FEMA emergency people are nowhere to be seen.

Here are a few things the owner bears some responsibility for:

Not removing your foes from this forum.

Attempting to enforce most of the rules when many of you asked for that.

Realizing that some people will never be satisfied with any level of moderation and some will never follow all the rules.

Posting an update about moderation and the future of it here the reasons.

Keeping this place open even with all the bullshit he has to put up with.

Other than that, I really don't know what it is you are looking for. I like this place just fine and when I don't I leave for a minute. I don't know why that seems so easy for me. I think it is because I am a choice person. Smiling

[Image: grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EC...5E_%5E.gif] [Image: grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ES...5E_%5E.gif]

You have too much free time.
Go clean your shed.
Then mine.

Just from back from west Medford, Bought a fake gun and a camera. I'm eating eggs now and in a minute I'm outta here again.. I don't really have enough time or energy to do all the things I want or need to do.
It's really very simple.

Kgasso says "Here are the rules. These rules will be enforced."

Then, when the rules aren't enforced, some people complain.

Had Kgasso said, "These are sort of the rules. I might or might not enforce them," complaints of the rules not being enforced would be less justified.

Had Kgasso said, "I'm sick and tired of all these complaints. Go fend for yourselves," instead of saying "Behave yourselves," then complaints about trolls and assholes taking over the forum would be silly.

But he didn't say that. He has never asked people to not obey the rules. He has never asked people to not report infringements of the rules. He has never asked people to suck it up and ignore flame wars and trolls. And somewhat unsurprisingly, the people with the most black marks against them are almost all on the side of lawlessness.
GAWD! Shut up, people. If I were kgasso, running a free forum, and saw this thread I might actually ponder shutting the whole thing down...ungrateful pricks and prickette!
I admit...up until this year, I was a pain in kgasso's arse...but then I stepped back and realized that I am an adult and responsible for my own reactions to other's posts. I can only hope that the rest of you that are slower on the learning curve catch up before the forum is no more.
Either stay and deal with stuff on your own, as an adult...or freaking leave already so the rest of us can get on with it.

Some people live to complain, obviously.
Some people can't live and let live, obviously.
(10-09-2013, 11:58 AM)broadzilla Wrote: Some people live to complain, obviously.

So true. It might be human nature, but social media makes it much worse, I believe.
(10-09-2013, 11:58 AM)broadzilla Wrote: GAWD! Shut up, people. If I were kgasso, running a free forum, and saw this thread I might actually ponder shutting the whole thing down...ungrateful pricks and prickette!
I admit...up until this year, I was a pain in kgasso's arse...but then I stepped back and realized that I am an adult and responsible for my own reactions to other's posts. I can only hope that the rest of you that are slower on the learning curve catch up before the forum is no more.
Either stay and deal with stuff on your own, as an adult...or freaking leave already so the rest of us can get on with it.

Thank you. Seriously.
(10-09-2013, 11:58 AM)broadzilla Wrote: GAWD! Shut up, people. If I were kgasso, running a free forum, and saw this thread I might actually ponder shutting the whole thing down...ungrateful pricks and prickette!

NeutralNeutralNeutralLaughing

Well said. This is Kgasso's forum that we get to use for free. I'm sure it cost him to have this forum and also the time he does put in to it. We're all adults here and should try not to bite the hand that feeds us. I enjoy reading the crap in here (LOL) and really don't want to see it shut down. Try to be easy on Kgasso..
(10-09-2013, 09:59 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:

Well said. This is Kgasso's forum that we get to use for free. I'm sure it cost him to have this forum and also the time he does put in to it. We're all adults here and should try not to bite the hand that feeds us. I enjoy reading the crap in here (LOL) and really don't want to see it shut down. Try to be easy on Kgasso..

Are you admitting to an Addiction?" Smiling. I've heard that there is such a thing a "forum" addiction like reading the super market mags.
(10-09-2013, 10:08 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 09:59 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:

Are you admitting to an Addiction?" Smiling

I wouldn't go that far!
I'm Ponder, and I'm an RVFaholic.
(10-09-2013, 10:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm Ponder, and I'm an RVFaholic.

I know you are....I drive you to the meetings every Thursday. Smiling
(10-09-2013, 03:38 PM)BeerMe Wrote:

Thank you. Seriously.

You two have been saying this several times on this thread. Thank you.

If you don't like this forum, create your own.
BwaHaHaHa! Laughing Laughing Laughing People are too friggin funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing