Our Deserving Food Stamp Recipients
Well, I was reading a story about a grocery where 40% of their sales was with food stamps, and they said their entire profit margin was about 1% after taxes. Being as how food stamps are being cut something like 4%, that means his gross sales are going to go down something like 1-2%. That sounds like it might be a significant drop for such a low margin business to begin with.
Jindal moves to strip food stamps from abusers

http://theadvocate.com/home/7514395-125/...strip-food

Smiling
(10-14-2013, 07:12 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I haven't heard Walmart complaining. Walmart bent over backwards to accommodate a substantial core part of their market, and they did so with grace and dignity, at a time they could have simply flipped off their customers instead. For Walmart, the whatever loss comes of this will be trivial, in the overall amount of good grace they have fostered among their customer base.

And if Walmart doesn't like it, I'm sure they'll be taking it up with their manager, and probably develop a policy for the future, too. Smiling

Walmart takes in about $7 billion in foodstamps across the nation as well as over half of their employees are on foodstamps and other public assistant programs.

So they will feel a slight pinch from the $11 a month reduction for an individual in the SNAP program but this will eventually be made up by the increasing poverty of the middle class and their use of foodstamps.
Except, none of what you are saying relates to my original post, which was about Walmart continuing to serve food stamp customers while the computer network that runs the program was down, potentially costing them money because they had no way of knowing whether recipients actually had money in their food stamp accounts or not.
(11-07-2013, 10:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Except, none of what you are saying relates to my original post, which was about Walmart continuing to serve food stamp customers while the computer network that runs the program was down, potentially costing them money because they had no way of knowing whether recipients actually had money in their food stamp accounts or not.

Sorry, but I'm sure they have insurance to cover their loss, if not they can cover it themselves without denting, in the slightest their bottom line.

Personally I think it was good PR, though they don't really need it as they do have a captive audience of the poor, lower middle class and the shopaholics.
It will simply go in the loss column and be a tax deduction.
I'm sure that's how other people feel about your own business losses, too. Smiling
(11-07-2013, 10:24 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 10:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Except, none of what you are saying relates to my original post, which was about Walmart continuing to serve food stamp customers while the computer network that runs the program was down, potentially costing them money because they had no way of knowing whether recipients actually had money in their food stamp accounts or not.

Sorry, but I'm sure they have insurance to cover their loss, if not they can cover it themselves without denting, in the slightest their bottom line.

Personally I think it was good PR, though they don't really need it as they do have a captive audience of the poor, lower middle class and the shopaholics.

When your that big, you don't buy insurance. Self insurance is cheaper for those who can afford it.
(11-07-2013, 09:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 10:24 AM)Leonard Wrote:

When your that big, you don't buy insurance. Self insurance is cheaper for those who can afford it.

Exactly...like when you have lots of money...who balances their checkbook each month?
[Image: 247656870f15d539e5752d044d556c49.jpg]
Mine mine mine, I don't care about anybody else. All mine. It works good for me, and that's all I care about! Mine mine mine.
(11-20-2013, 09:23 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Mine mine mine, I don't care about anybody else. All mine. It works good for me, and that's all I care about! Mine mine mine.

Kinda like a 3 year old, eh?
Oh, btw, I'm going to Heaven and you are not. Have I mentioned that part too???
It's OK to kill, too. Killing is good. I like killing. Have I mentioned I especially like it when armies kill? Especially ours!
have food stamp recipients battle each other for the crumbs of society
How about we toss the top 10% in with the lions and see which ones God wants to save.
I wonder if TV gives his shot squirrels to the food banks.
(11-20-2013, 09:18 AM)Scar Wrote: [Image: 247656870f15d539e5752d044d556c49.jpg]

Somehow I suspect that you don't pay many taxes.

An you use the services that my taxes paid for. (like security)
http://nypost.com/2013/11/20/multi-milli...c-bodegas/

Authorities busted up a massive multi-million dollar welfare fraud scheme that has been running rampant in Asian communities throughout the city, sources said.