Cover Oregon: Health exchange mired in unexpected delays; what went wrong?
Also... if you check http://www.coveroregon.com it has the following phone number listed: 1-855-268-3767
(10-21-2013, 04:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A list of companies when I input a Grants Pass zip code... this does not list ALL of the insurance agents though... check with your local agent.
http://www.healthplans.com/quotes/?bw_ke...&zip=97526

Thanks Scrappy,
I was totally unaware that agents could hold one's hand through the process.
Anyone out there know why it's being reported that NO ONE has signed up under the Oregon "Obama plan"?

Later Edit: Ya know, I think I am just dead wrong in thinking I read that NO ONE has been signed up. Embarrassed
And, to add to Scrapper's post, here is another place explaining very clearly one does not have to go on the web-site to get info or sign up.
http://www.coveroregon.com/

Clete said, on another thread he thought it would all work out in time.
I think so too.
Until then, a mell of a hess.
http://www.manhattan-institute.org/knowyourrates/

Looks like Colorado is the place to be if you want affordable insurance under the Affordable Care Act. Oregon rates went up on everyone (who isn't covered by an employer, medicaid, or medicare) compared to before ACA.
(10-21-2013, 04:17 PM)broadzilla Wrote: http://www.manhattan-institute.org/knowyourrates/

Looks like Colorado is the place to be if you want affordable insurance under the Affordable Care Act. Oregon rates went up on everyone (who isn't covered by an employer, medicaid, or medicare) compared to before ACA.

And I think it was expected rates would increase on the front end. Only when the young healthy folks are enrolled will the private companies start competing in a serious way.
(10-21-2013, 04:21 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 04:17 PM)broadzilla Wrote: http://www.manhattan-institute.org/knowyourrates/

And I think it was expected rates would increase on the front end. Only when the young healthy folks are enrolled will the private companies start competing in a serious way.

[Image: 2qk81o6.jpg]

Surely thousands will be killed in the stampede to sign up.

Surely thousands will be killed in the stampede to sign up.
Do away with the AMA, if you want affordable health care.
(10-21-2013, 09:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: Do away with the AMA, if you want affordable health care.

The experience with housing, education and medicare should have taught us that when government sends a bunch of money into a market, it creates an inflationary bubble. If you would have "affordable" anything, the message is to keep government money out of it.
Interesting how those who have been deriding Obamacare since the beginning are shedding crocodile tears because the ability to sign up has been compromised. Dry

Nothing will take effect until January 1st anyway. If the congress decides to extend that date until March of 2014, there will be more time to work out the bugs.

No, not everyone's premiums will go up. Mine remained exactly the same with a new insurance company, gold plan, lower deductible (by $1,000) AND including my 21-year old daughter.

Remember, this is a start. Once things are working properly we can look at what practices drive up the cost of health care. We can look into ways to decrease those costs. I hope someday that we get rid of the middleman and Big Insurance goes the way of the Dodo.
(10-23-2013, 03:22 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Interesting how those who have been deriding Obamacare since the beginning are shedding crocodile tears because the ability to sign up has been compromised. Dry

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hate this stinking health care plan and I can't get online to sign up for it either. Smiling
(10-23-2013, 03:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-23-2013, 03:22 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Interesting how those who have been deriding Obamacare since the beginning are shedding crocodile tears because the ability to sign up has been compromised. Dry

I hate this stinking health care plan and I can't get online to sign up for it either. Smiling

An old tale. Laughing

Remember the two matronly ladies eating lunch at the hotel dinner room, as they do every Tuesday?

"The food here is really not very good".

"Yes, and such small portions".
(10-23-2013, 03:41 PM)Wonky Wrote:

An old tale. Laughing

Remember the two matronly ladies eating lunch at the hotel dinner room, as they do every Tuesday?

Many people that already have healthcare insurance and don't need to buy from the exchanges are often the ones complaining the most loudly about the delays. I almost think they just hate Obama and want the ACA to fail. Rolling Eyes
(10-23-2013, 04:38 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

An old tale. Laughing

Many people that already have healthcare insurance and don't need to buy from the exchanges are often the ones complaining the most loudly about the delays. I almost think they just hate Obama and want the ACA to fail. Rolling Eyes

Bingo!
According to this, Cover Oregon hasn't started yet.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...ance-Plans

From the article: The Oregon Health Plan enrolled 56,000 people into the state’s Medicaid program, but these sign-ups did not take place through the state’s exchange. Cover Oregon itself will not launch until October 25th.
The present halfway step to socialized medicine is designed to fail. Why else would you hire an outfit to make it work whose only experience was four failures trying to implement similar schemes in Canada?

Eggs-zackley.

The GOP is shocked, shocked that gambling has been taking place on these premises. "Your winnings, sir".
(10-24-2013, 09:55 AM)Sidewinder Wrote: The present halfway step to socialized medicine is designed to fail. Why else would you hire an outfit to make it work whose only experience was four failures trying to implement similar schemes in Canada?

In the USA when you go to the doctor's office, there is a flurry of activity behind the reception window. People on telephones, speaking to insurance companies and keeping track of endless paperwork, helping patients sort out their paperwork and trying to get paid.

In the UK, there is one person who make appointments, collects your National Health Care number and directs you to a seat. That's it.

If the insurance companies can be eliminated from the process, think of the cost-cutting involved. Think of the man-hours no longer needed to process paperwork. This will happen in our future but it's a question of when, not if.
Finally, something is going to be done about this pile of obamacarecrap: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/...ep-it-act/

Senator to Introduce ‘If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It Act

More than a million Americans have been notified that the plans they like with the coverage they have chosen have been canceled,” he continued. “Millions more Americans will have the plans of their choice canceled in months to come.”

Johnson said the legislation, entitled ‘If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It,” will “amend the law to make Obamacare live up to the promises of the politicians who sold the plan to the American public.”

The Wisconsin senator said he will file the bill next week and hopes to garner the support of his colleagues from both parties.

An old tale. Laughing

A skeleton walked in to a bar and said, "give me a beer and a mop".
Sarah Jessica Parker came in next and the bartender said, "why the long face?"