Cover Oregon: Health exchange mired in unexpected delays; what went wrong?
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/...blems.aspx

As the federal government consumes humble pie over failures in the health insurance exchanges, some states that have set up their own exchanges are also struggling. Oregon has yet to enroll one single person, and it's been reduced to pawing through paper applications to figure out eligibility.

good job OrebumsRazz
Speaking of humble pie, tea party Repub's didn't do so hot yesterday, did they.
If Terry McAuliffe won in Virginia, those voters must be getting really sick of the Tea Party.

When the health care program was implemented in MA under Romney, it took two years after it started to get all the bugs out. Eventually, this will work. The president should come out and say he's sorry and that his administration messed up. Then he should fire Kathleen Sebelius.
(11-06-2013, 12:16 PM)TennisMom Wrote: If Terry McAuliffe won in Virginia, those voters must be getting really sick of the Tea Party.

When the health care program was implemented in MA under Romney, it took two years after it started to get all the bugs out. Eventually, this will work. The president should come out and say he's sorry and that his administration messed up. Then he should fire Kathleen Sebelius.

Big Grin http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit...d-comments
Ok, saw a guy at a sign up booth for Medicare. Asked him how things were going with Affordable Care Act.

He said, he devoted over 300 hours towards on-line tutorials and was not too worried. Sign up on line was those who needed the government subsidies. Asked him how do you know if you need or don't need the subsidy? Answer: Well ya got to go on line and compare rates.

Ok, so ya got to get on the government website....ok dokey
(11-06-2013, 11:54 AM)Scar Wrote: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/...blems.aspx

As the federal government consumes humble pie over failures in the health insurance exchanges, some states that have set up their own exchanges are also struggling. Oregon has yet to enroll one single person, and it's been reduced to pawing through paper applications to figure out eligibility.

good job OrebumsRazz

thanks for paying for my health care. LaughingCool
(11-06-2013, 05:52 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(11-06-2013, 11:54 AM)Scar Wrote: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/...blems.aspx

good job OrebumsRazz

But, but, our forum Queen swears Oregonians ARE being enrolled via the hand written application process, don't those count?
only to 10, mudhead
(11-06-2013, 05:52 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

good job OrebumsRazz

Enjoy your free birth control.
(11-06-2013, 06:25 PM)bbqboy Wrote: only to 10, mudhead

I'll take my bbq pull pork or brisket on a hard roll, pls...Smiling
If you take the time and look thru' Cover Oregon it's an eyeopener. It will save me money. Out of pocket expenses are capped and many needed procedures are without deductible. You can walk thru' plans and compare. I'm not unhappy at all. I'm three years away from evil gov't HC, can't wait. With Medicare and SS I get to join the 47%.
It will fell like being a congressman, pay me always, even during a shut down.
(11-12-2013, 08:43 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: If you take the time and look thru' Cover Oregon it's an eyeopener. It will save me money. Out of pocket expenses are capped and many needed procedures are without deductible. You can walk thru' plans and compare. I'm not unhappy at all. I'm three years away from evil gov't HC, can't wait. With Medicare and SS I get to join the 47%.

That's great for you willie, and I'm sure all the middle class 26-50 year olds will be happy too. That is after they get used to the 100% or more increase it takes to cover you.
(11-12-2013, 09:16 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 08:43 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: If you take the time and look thru' Cover Oregon it's an eyeopener. It will save me money. Out of pocket expenses are capped and many needed procedures are without deductible. You can walk thru' plans and compare. I'm not unhappy at all. I'm three years away from evil gov't HC, can't wait. With Medicare and SS I get to join the 47%.

That's great for you willie, and I'm sure all the middle class 26-50 year olds will be happy too. That is after they get used to the 100% or more increase it takes to cover you.
Yep it's how insurance works.
I can get a policy per the website for $143 and I'm 62.
Right now I'm paying $281.
They could pay the $95 fine that the IRS can't collect (other than on your tax return) so boo hoo, a good video game. Besides I keep paying taxes to schools for those young whipper snappers, what do I get? Big Grin They should take out school loans at six years old.
(10-21-2013, 01:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 01:05 PM)Sidewinder Wrote: If they are having this much trouble handling the folks that want to pay, what is going to happen when it is time to handle the folks who want to get paid?

There is no trouble GETTING insured. People can make a phone call or visit an agent.

Bullshit:

Zero Obamacare enrollments in Oregon

Quote:Number of Obamacare enrollments through Oregon’s state exchange: Zero. Still.
posted at 11:19 am on November 12, 2013 by Guy Benson

Yes, this is a deja vu headline. The Associated Press in late October:

A month after Oregon’s problem-plagued online health insurance marketplace has failed to enroll a single person, concerns are mounting that some of the most vulnerable Oregonians may face a break in coverage if they don’t enroll within the next month and a half.

Oregonians were told state officials were making “significant progress.” It’s now mid-November. Back over to you, Associated Press:

With a reputation as a pacesetter in health care, Oregon laid out bold plans for complying with the federal overhaul. The state wouldn’t just create a health insurance exchange, a complicated undertaking in its own right. Oregon officials set out to build one of the biggest and best in the nation — a model that other states would want to copy. But more than a month after Cover Oregon’s online enrollment was supposed to launch, reality is lagging far behind Gov. John Kitzhaber’s grand ideas. The online system still doesn’t work, and the exchange has yet to enroll a single person in health insurance. Interviews with state officials and a review of public records by The Associated Press suggest Cover Oregon officials bit off more than they could chew and clung to their ambitious vision even when their risk management consultants raised alarms.

A few thoughts: (1) Just how proud should Oregon be of its healthcare “pacesetter” reputation? (2) The magnitude of Cover Oregon’s failure is extraordinary. Its website is under-performing Healthcare.gov, having signed up precisely zero people for coverage in six weeks. Oregon is governed by Democrats. They heartily embraced their Obamacare charge from day one, and they’ve failed. These facts blow a giant hole in the Left’s reactionary, ‘it’s Republicans’ fault!’ blamestorming premise. (3) Oregon is something of a case study: Its Democrats “bit off more than they could chew,” then “clung” to their big government ambitions, ignoring multiple warning flares. The governor’s “grand ideas” and the president’s big promises have given way to pathetic results and countless betrayals. This is the liberal project at work, America. Cold, hard reality has punctured the feel-good bubble. Leftism should be judged by its results, not its ostensibly lofty intentions or manipulative rhetoric. (4) Incredibly, Barack Obama has touted Oregon as one of Obamacare’s exemplars of success. Why? They’ve placed a bunch of new people into their empirically failing Medicaid system, a nationwide trend that threatens to crash the financial model of the entire law. And these numbers are cited as good news. Keep that in mind when the administration releases its intentionally nonspecific Obamacare enrollment figures this week. But who cares about these buzz-kill facts and figures, really? Think happy, crunchy thoughts:
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/201...ero-still/
Since that was a Fox News report and we all know it's a very conservative news source, I thought I'd post a link to the Oregonian...Looks like it's true..

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.s...nge_r.html

Yea, but that out of pocket cap is dramatically higher than it was pre-Obamacare. I love how people try to put a positive spin on being screwed, although most people who did not have insurance before will not realize just how badly they are getting shafted. My rates tripled for shitty coverage, So come Jan 1st, I'm out, Thanks Obamacare!
Oh, and I noticed last night on their newest utopian world propaganda commercial they are referencing the 1-800# not the website for sign up, which tells me the website is no where near functioning properly and it only stands to reason that until health care.gov is solved (which won't happen any time soon, if ever) cover oregon will remain DOA.
[Image: 2q08u4g.jpg]
(10-18-2013, 08:44 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Does this mean Obamacare sucks or that computer glitches suck?

It means that a bureaucrat armed with a computer is the most dangerous thing in the world.
(11-13-2013, 08:35 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Yea, but that out of pocket cap is dramatically higher than it was pre-Obamacare. I love how people try to put a positive spin on being screwed, although most people who did not have insurance before will not realize just how badly they are getting shafted. My rates tripled for shitty coverage, So come Jan 1st, I'm out, Thanks Obamacare!

The deductibles are higher depending on what you can afford. Mine is $3,500 before the ACA. However under ACA I'm capped at $6,250 out of pocket with the same deductible.. If a junk plan covers say 50% of hospitalization you can go over that in one day. This is my understanding.
The public including myself aren't well educated on the ACA and that is the biggest failure imho. I went round and round with the MMT's editor as they thought and responded in the paper that if you don't pay the fine the IRS could attach your banking account. They can do nothing other than taking it out of your refund. I pointed out if Cover Oregon is correct I can get a plan with better benefits for $100 less than I'm paying now, it so I'll upgrade the plan.
It will get be by until I qualify for Medicare...Not long now.
You never know how good your junk plan is until you use it. An astonishing number of people are in bankruptcy for HC reasons that do have plans.