Coats for kids.....
So... on a recent visit, my MIL taught me to make knit caps on a little round loom. Who knew that I had such talent! Cool The only problem is...that's the only thing I can make and my husband doesn't want any of my home-made beanies.
Is there an organization that would accept these knit caps for kids or adults, here, in JoCo?
The Rogue Gateway Rotary club of Grants Pass does a collection and distribution program called "Cozy Toes". Although it relates to the free socks that are given away, they collect and share gloves, scarves and hats. Your homemade beanies would be a great addition.
They are just starting to place large bags in various business locations around town to collect donations.
I will try to find some specific locations if you are interested.
I believe I just saw a Coats for Kids bin recently. I can't recall where. I think KDRV does the annual Coats for Kids drive.
(10-20-2013, 12:28 PM)gapper Wrote: The Rogue Gateway Rotary club of Grants Pass does a collection and distribution program called "Cozy Toes". Although it relates to the free socks that are given away, they collect and share gloves, scarves and hats. Your homemade beanies would be a great addition.
They are just starting to place large bags in various business locations around town to collect donations.

Yes, please!
(10-20-2013, 12:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: I believe I just saw a Coats for Kids bin recently. I can't recall where. I think KDRV does the annual Coats for Kids drive.

I wasn't sure if they only took coats. I know they have bins all over.
I just took a look at the foundation website. They do accept donations of various types of winter clothing. I'm not sure about the local donation drive, though.

Quote:We provide contribution receipts for donations from individuals, businesses, and groups. All donations of funding, in-kind clothing (e.g. coats, hats, gloves), and services (e.g. transportation) receive a receipt for tax purposes.
http://www.coats-for-kids.org//index.php...&Itemid=29
Call Karen Thornton in Rogue River. She gives these hand knitted caps to the elementary school kids every year.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/..._245894392
(10-20-2013, 12:43 PM)csrowan Wrote: I just took a look at the foundation website. They do accept donations of various types of winter clothing. I'm not sure about the local donation drive, though.

Quote:We provide contribution receipts for donations from individuals, businesses, and groups. All donations of funding, in-kind clothing (e.g. coats, hats, gloves), and services (e.g. transportation) receive a receipt for tax purposes.
http://www.coats-for-kids.org//index.php...&Itemid=29

They collect thru March! Locally, I think they only collect thru Thanksgiving....or sometime before the 1st of the year. Thanks.
(10-20-2013, 12:44 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Call Karen Thornton in Rogue River. She gives these hand knitted caps to the elementary school kids every year.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/..._245894392

Thank you!
Can you knit me a hat like this?

[Image: medium_157302PeruvianTradingAlpacaAviatorNordicRed1.jpg]
(10-20-2013, 12:59 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Can you knit me a hat like this?

LaughingLaughingLaughing
[Image: hat-large.jpg]

I want me one of these.
(10-20-2013, 01:57 PM)csrowan Wrote: [Image: hat-large.jpg]

I want me one of these.

That would be really hard to knit.
(10-20-2013, 12:59 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Can you knit me a hat like this?

And make sure it says "free Tibet"Razz
Dude, go with the crested one. Big Grin

[Image: medium_157300PeruvianTradingEarflapTasse...Green1.jpg]

Kadylady,

Karen's thing is called "Caps for Kids."
Head Start
Nurturing Center
Salvation Army
St. Vincent de Paul
(10-20-2013, 12:37 PM)kadylady Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 12:28 PM)gapper Wrote: The Rogue Gateway Rotary club of Grants Pass does a collection and distribution program called "Cozy Toes". Although it relates to the free socks that are given away, they collect and share gloves, scarves and hats. Your homemade beanies would be a great addition.

Yes, please!

BRENDA PATTON ACCOUNTING & TAX
231 SE H ST
GRANTS PASS, OR 97526-3038
Karen wasn't in the office, yesterday. I'll call her and Brenda today. And I do have a Head Start nearby. I've made donations to them, before.
Thanks for the tips, everyone.
(10-21-2013, 08:41 AM)kadylady Wrote: Karen wasn't in the office, yesterday. I'll call her and Brenda today. And I do have a Head Start nearby. I've made donations to them, before.
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Thank YOU for making the time and effort to make a positive difference in someone's life.
Cool Smiling
(10-20-2013, 11:56 AM)kadylady Wrote: So... on a recent visit, my MIL taught me to make knit caps on a little round loom. Who knew that I had such talent! Cool The only problem is...that's the only thing I can make and my husband doesn't want any of my home-made beanies.
Is there an organization that would accept these knit caps for kids or adults, here, in JoCo?

So, give up making beanies no one wants.

There are lots and lots of real worthwhile things in JoCo you might be able to do.