Open carry and die
(10-24-2013, 03:56 PM)BeerMe Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 12:42 PM)csrowan Wrote: Do we even know if the cops identified themselves as police officers?

Do you know they didn't?

And there in lies the ridiculousness of these all too common "debates" over these sorts of issues. WE don't know what the hell happened and if anyone thinks they can depend on getting the full story from a short news article, I have bridge to sell them.

BTW, for the record, neither TV or anyone else knows the kid was an "idiot" either... Mad
WTF, at the end of the day a young man's life was taken from him way prematurely, his family and friends are devastated and the first thing internet wanna be psychoanalysts can do is start calling the victim an idiot and trying to put together a puzzle without the benefit of having many of the pieces.

Ponder puts troll title on a thread and the usual suspect takes the bait.
Meh.
(10-24-2013, 03:19 PM)csrowan Wrote: The REAL question is, what can we do to get police to quit shooting unarmed black men, and start shooting armed white men. No, really.

That's stupid ass loaded question.

The real question is what to you idiots expect the police to do when anyone, black or white, man, women or child turns towards them with a gun?

The answer is shoot and protect your self. They have the right to not take foolish chances.
(10-24-2013, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 03:19 PM)csrowan Wrote: The REAL question is, what can we do to get police to quit shooting unarmed black men, and start shooting armed white men. No, really.

The real question is what to you idiots expect the police to do when anyone, black or white, man, women or child turns towards them with a gun?

You weren't there. You don't know what happened. What do yo expect a policeman to say, "I don't like black kids in hoodies so I shot his ass"???
And before you start calling me an idiot too, I'm not saying that happened. I am simply reiterating that YOU don't know what the hell happened, either!
(10-24-2013, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The answer is shoot and protect your self. They have the right to not take foolish chances.

I notice you left out the actual factual information when you quoted me:
Quote:The event spurred subsequent social psychology research. A number of experiments have conducted with both undergraduate volunteers and police officers playing a computer game where they must choose whether to shoot or not to shoot a target who may be white or black, on the basis of whether or not they are armed. Such studies find that participants made slower and less accurate decisions on whether to shoot an unarmed black target than an unarmed white target, and were quicker and more likely to correctly decide to shoot an armed black target than an armed white target. Both black and white participants respond in this manner. No correlations have been found between participant's indicated levels of racial bias, and their performance in the games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Dial...#Aftermath
(10-24-2013, 04:03 PM)gapper Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 03:56 PM)BeerMe Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 12:42 PM)csrowan Wrote: Do we even know if the cops identified themselves as police officers?

Do you know they didn't?

And there in lies the ridiculousness of these all too common "debates" over these sorts of issues. WE don't know what the hell happened and if anyone thinks they can depend on getting the full story from a short news article, I have bridge to sell them.

BTW, for the record, neither TV or anyone else knows the kid was an "idiot" either... Mad
WTF, at the end of the day a young man's life was taken from him way prematurely, his family and friends are devastated and the first thing internet wanna be psychoanalysts can do is start calling the victim an idiot and trying to put together a puzzle without the benefit of having many of the pieces.

Ponder puts troll title on a thread and the usual suspect takes the bait.
Meh.

Ghee Golly if only I was all smart and stuff like you Gapper. Takes the bait? It's a fucking discussion forum, that's what is happening.
BTW Cletus was the master baiter in this case.

Also I didn't call the victim an idiot . I said a 13 old who hears say "Drop the gun! Drop the gun! Put the gun down! Put the gun on the ground!" and then hears sirens is very likely an idiot if he doesn't do what he was ordered to do. Or he was stoned, or he is developmentally challenged or he WANTS to die.

To bad so sad if you don't agree. And as far as wanna be psychoanalysts,
now no one can speculate with you around with out your wrath?

What's sad is that the bleeding heart cop hating authority is all bad crowd always speculates based on their prejudice towards cops.

Just like Rowan trying to make this incident a racial one. You can call it taking the bait all you want. As long as I hear these accusations I'm going to offer another way to look at it.
(10-24-2013, 04:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: Ghee Golly if only I was all smart and stuff like you Gapper.
Yup. Deal with it.
Quote:It's a fucking discussion forum, that's what is happening.
IMO, no, when you come on as you so often do calling people idiots and throwing F bombs like either some tough ass guy or some little guy trying to sound tough, there is no "discussion". It instantly becomes a pissing match. You don't seem to be able or want to have a discussion without getting all huffy. Yesterday Ponder and I were having a discussion. While I still disagreed with his premise, we were able to discuss it reasonably until YOU burst on to the scene calling him names and being an ass in general. Sorry, but it is what it is....
Quote:Also I didn't call the victim an idiot .
Bullshit. Your words:
Quote: IMO Some idiot kid got shot because police need to protect themselves.

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
(10-24-2013, 04:03 PM)gapper Wrote: Ponder puts troll title on a thread

On the contrary, there are people on this very forum who open carry as a statement, and defend AR-15's as useful hunting weapons whose open carry is a matter of constitutional right. And here's a kid who open carried just a plastic replica, and doing so got him killed. I don't see this as a troll title whatsoever. And besides, 25 responses so far, and still going. Smiling
(10-24-2013, 04:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 04:03 PM)gapper Wrote: Ponder puts troll title on a thread

On the contrary, there are people on this very forum who open carry as a statement, and defend AR-15's as useful hunting weapons whose open carry is a matter of constitutional right. And here's a kid who open carried just a plastic replica, and doing so got him killed. I don't see this as a troll title whatsoever. And besides, 25 responses so far, and still going. Smiling

Your title implies to me that anyone that open carries, dies.
That's not true.
And, no one ever said bogus, baiting titles don't get responses. But, even though you seem proud of yourself, it is still a bogus, trolling title, in my opinion. Smiling Smiling
Your implication is not my implication. Smiling My implication is, open carrying subjects you to cops shooting you if you ever misinterpret one of their orders, and it doesn't matter whether it's loaded, empty, real, or replica. You may say it's your right (and, it is) to open carry, but this is what might happen. Go ahead, push the boundaries all you want, guys. This is what can happen. Not to everybody, but it can, and it might.

Even to a kid.
TV called Cletus a master baiter...[Image: MSN-Emoticon-155.gif]
(10-24-2013, 04:37 PM)gapper Wrote: , when you come on as you so often do calling people idiots and throwing F bombs like either some tough ass guy or some little guy trying to sound tough, there is no "discussion". It instantly becomes a pissing match. You don't seem to be able or want to have a discussion without getting all huffy.

You are going to lecture others about what they say on a forumLaughingLaughing
Prospector couldn't say one word without you bitching at him.
Yeah you have a hell of a dislike for him and you have mucked up plenty of thread because of it.
So who are you to tell me anything???

Quote:Yesterday Ponder and I were having a discussion. While I still disagreed with his premise, we were able to discuss it reasonably until YOU burst on to the scene calling him names and being an ass in general. Sorry, but it is what it is...

You're right. It IS what it IS , Ponder is a fucking idiot and if you had a problem then you should have said so THEN. I can't comment NOW because I don't know what you are talking about
It's quite possible he just got through calling me a lowlife on another thread and I was still responding in kind.
You MUST know what I mean EXACTLY what you do a LOT with Prospector.

Quote:Also I didn't call the victim an idiot .
Bullshit. Your words:
Quote: IMO Some idiot kid got shot because police need to protect themselves.
[/quote]

OK fair enough I did call him an idiot. Maybe he was. I also gave other possibilities Like suicide by cop or that he wasn't right in the head. My opinion was that ANYONE 13 years old or not should have dropped the damn gun.
(10-24-2013, 05:51 PM)broadzilla Wrote: TV called Cletus a master baiter...[Image: MSN-Emoticon-155.gif]

And I am too. Big Grin
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Moorland+...CAoQ_AUoAg
Ghee thanks,Don't wear out your fingers typing any unneeded information ChuckieRazz

(10-24-2013, 10:36 PM)chuck white Wrote: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Moorland+...CAoQ_AUoAg
(10-25-2013, 10:43 AM)tvguy Wrote: Ghee thanks,Don't wear out your fingers typing any unneeded information ChuckieRazz

(10-24-2013, 10:36 PM)chuck white Wrote: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Moorland+...CAoQ_AUoAg

The street view shows this is a country like area, not where other people would have been in danger.
(10-24-2013, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 08:19 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Notice the kid was shot in the back, as he was turning with the rifle in his hands. That's TV's favorite cop shooting scenario. Smiling

Coming from the IDIOT who expected the Jackson county Sheriff deputies who confronted a cartel pot grower with LOADED shotgun to wait for this criminal to point his gun DIRECTLY at the deputies before they fired.
That's F**KING brilliantLaughingLaughing

The autopsy report showed conclusively that this man was indeed turning just like the deputies both claimed.

Never mind all of the facts. When you are dope swilling malcontent who hates any and all authority the facts don't matter.

That's not all that happened, the other suspect fled and was shooting as he as fleeing.
Let's see the link or it never happened.
The FBI is looking at this now, and OL, where's your link, or were you just blowing smoke up our asses because you like doing that sort of thing?: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...uties?lite
Tragic but shouldn't we be screaming at toy manufacturers to stop making replicas? What purpose does it serve?

News Report states neither the AK or pistol had the appropriate " orange color" markings for toy replicas.

If I was a parent would I be buying a replica based on current situations?
(10-26-2013, 11:00 AM)Prospector Wrote: Tragic but shouldn't we be screaming at toy manufacturers to stop making replicas? What purpose does it serve?

News Report states neither the AK or pistol had the appropriate " orange color" markings for toy replicas.

If I was a parent would I be buying a replica based on current situations?

So now we ban toy guns? Blink