Did Etsy sell out?
I can't say I've ever bought anything from Etsy, but I like to trawl their site. My son bought his and her wedding rings from Etsy. When Etsy started the idea was that it was a venue for artisans to sell handmade/handcrafted items. Some are incredibly professional and beautiful, others folksy and crafty. Now Etsy is going to allow outsourced products. This had raised the ire of some of Etsy base group. Etsy points out that some producers have become so successful that they couldn't keep up with demand and have hired employees so to speak, or commissioned help. The items still have to meet the standard of "handmade" but is allowed expand it's production, while still not selling "manufactured" Sounds like capitalism at it's best, but has Etsy lost it Prime Directive?http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsider...-in-spirit
I have a buddy that partnered with someone and they sell their tshirts on etsy. I know they do awesome at any auto or cycle type event but not sure how they do from etsy.
Of courses they sold out. Who wouldn't. I think their prime directive is to make a buck. If not they're a bunch of commiesRazz
(10-29-2013, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Of courses they sold out. Who wouldn't. I think their prime directive is to make a buck. If not they're a bunch of commiesRazz

That implies that there are no sell outs ever.
(10-29-2013, 09:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Of courses they sold out. Who wouldn't. I think their prime directive is to make a buck. If not they're a bunch of commiesRazz

It does? I thought it implied that mostly everyone in a BUSINESS will "sell out" when selling out means you make more money. It implies that what you thought was their prime directive... isn'tSmiling
(10-30-2013, 11:52 AM)tvguy Wrote:

It does? I thought it implied that mostly everyone in a BUSINESS will "sell out" when selling out means you make more money. It implies that what you thought was their prime directive... isn'tSmiling

Yeah, that's what I meant. I wrote the sentence incorrectly.
(10-30-2013, 07:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 11:52 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah, that's what I meant. I wrote the sentence incorrectly.

OK , now get down and give me 20Razz