NOT FUNNY NOT FUNNY AT ALL OMG
Ashland Daily Tidings had a report about bear sightings in Ashland. TWO reports have been on my cross street and in my part of town. HOLY COW. I am freaking out. Is it time to move back to NY? I am not a country girl. I am not a 'bear person'. This is worrying. My bedroom is on the ground floor. Will a bear try to break the glass? I've heard of them doing that. Maybe we shouldn't put our garbage cans out at night. I do not like bears. Twitch
Don't want the garbage cans inside to attract them indoors.
Throw some fish into your neighbors yard, that will draw the bears away from your house. (a can of tuna will do)
Quote:The City of Ashland has received many reports of two different bears roaming the streets of Ashland. The first has been spotted travelling in the 200 block of Normal Avenue, 300 block of Clay Street, 500 blocks of Clay Street, Faith Avenue and Park Street near Siskiyou Boulevard. The second bear was spotted in the 1100 block of Tolman Creek Road.

The City of Ashland urges all residents to take extra precautions to stay safely away from the bears, particularly while trick or treating Halloween night. If you do encounter a bear, remember, don't approach, back away slowly and don't run. Loud noises often work to scare them off but do not corner them. Most importantly, please remember that bears are wild animals and need to treated as such.
From the "City of Ashland Oregon" Facebook:

[Image: 563083_10151989210261675_1641374918_n.jpg]
(10-31-2013, 05:08 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Is it time to move back to NY?

Yes.
That was just a kid in a bear costume.

And New York is full of Zombies.
New York? Are you serious?

Make lots of noise when moving around. Bear hears you coming, he will avoid you.
I bet most of the outdoor guys will tell you why that bear is up in that tree. I'll venture to say something frighten him/her and refugee was to go high.

People make dumb mistakes like leaving dog food outside, unsecured freezer, ripe or rotting vegetables in the garden, or just garbage. Bear is probably trying to stock up on fat stores before hibernation.

Lots of noise, and staying alert.

Don't be rubbing bacon grease and doing a midnight nude runs.... Hey, weird things happen in Ashland.
(10-31-2013, 08:04 PM)Prospector Wrote: I bet most of the outdoor guys will tell you why that bear is up in that tree. I'll venture to say something frighten him/her and refugee was to go high.

People make dumb mistakes like leaving dog food outside, unsecured freezer, ripe or rotting vegetables in the garden, or just garbage. Bear is probably trying to stock up on fat stores before hibernation.

Don't be rubbing bacon grease and doing a midnight nude runs.... Hey, weird things happen in Ashland.

The truth is, the bears in our neck of the woods are not true hibernators. Our winters are not severe enough to warrant that. They are more lethargic during the winter, but our local black bears do not hibernate.

And YES, TM, please move back to NY.
TM... don't let them run you off! The bears... or the @ssw!pes.
I did not know that our local bears don't hibernate. Larry, if you're trying to run me outta town, you just may have succeeded.

NAH, who am I kidding? I like it here. Bears, bah. (Lions and tigers would tip the balance, though).
(10-31-2013, 09:16 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I did not know that our local bears don't hibernate. Larry, if you're trying to run me outta town, you just may have succeeded.

NAH, who am I kidding? I like it here. Bears, bah. (Lions and tigers would tip the balance, though).

Cougars, Bob Cats and Bears, OH MY.
(10-31-2013, 08:46 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 08:04 PM)Prospector Wrote: I bet most of the outdoor guys will tell you why that bear is up in that tree. I'll venture to say something frighten him/her and refugee was to go high.

The truth is, the bears in our neck of the woods are not true hibernators. Our winters are not severe enough to warrant that. They are more lethargic during the winter, but our local black bears do not hibernate.

Why are you guys telling TM to go back to NY?
(10-31-2013, 10:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Re-read....never mention such...just a few suggestions. Share concern about timing and appearance
(10-31-2013, 10:24 PM)Prospector Wrote:

Re-read....never mention such...just a few suggestions. Share concern about timing and appearance

Don't need to re read. Only to pin point the perps: Big Rock and Larry. There. Happy?
(10-31-2013, 10:50 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 10:24 PM)Prospector Wrote:

Don't need to re read. Only to pin point the perps: Big Rock and Larry. There. Happy?
Rolling in my Halloween Milk Duds Smiling

Why Tia, my only concern is for her happiness..... Wink
(11-01-2013, 05:25 AM)Larry Wrote:

Sure, I know what you mean. Like yesterday I had to stop at the store for the Halloween candy at 9.00 AM, because I wouldn't have any when I got off work. Then I thought, well, hell, I won't have any beer either, so I better grab a six pack. On my way to my car (this is 9.00 am still) a street person walked up to me. I had my bag of candy and my sixer in hand. No bags. He says to me "Hey! Can have one of those?" Just like a damn bear, I tell you. Right there in the CITY!! I threw one of the candy bars and he chased after it. I jumped in my car and put it gear while he was distracted and before he could start chasing me down. Maybe I should move.
(11-01-2013, 08:29 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 05:25 AM)Larry Wrote:

Sure, I know what you mean. Like yesterday I had to stop at the store for the Halloween candy at 9.00 AM, because I wouldn't have any when I got off work. Then I thought, well, hell, I won't have any beer either, so I better grab a six pack. On my way to my car (this is 9.00 am still) a street person walked up to me. I had my bag of candy and my sixer in hand. No bags. He says to me "Hey! Can have one of those?" Just like a damn bear, I tell you. Right there in the CITY!! I threw one of the candy bars and he chased after it. I jumped in my car and put it gear while he was distracted and before he could start chasing me down. Maybe I should move.

No "Egg McMuffler?"