A reflective moment
Quote:Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark.

ONE: Don't miss the boat.
TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat!
THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark .
FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
SIX: Build your future on high ground.
SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.
TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
ELEVEN: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.
Ack!

[Image: how-to-make-yourself-throw-up-07.jpg]
(11-01-2013, 07:55 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Ack!

[Image: how-to-make-yourself-throw-up-07.jpg]

Ok, well then.....Smiling
[Image: 20110507.gif]
(11-01-2013, 09:04 AM)csrowan Wrote: [Image: 20110507.gif]

Different strokes for different folks?
Oh, c'mon now, you guys, Prospector's post was nice. Thank you, Prosp. The rest of you, go stand in the corner.
(11-01-2013, 12:09 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Oh, c'mon now, you guys, Prospector's post was nice. Thank you, Prosp. The rest of you, go stand in the corner.

I agree but it should have stopped at 10.Smiling
(11-01-2013, 12:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 12:09 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Oh, c'mon now, you guys, Prospector's post was nice. Thank you, Prosp. The rest of you, go stand in the corner.

I agree but it should have stopped at 10.Smiling

I agree. Thumbs Up
It should have stopped at 9. Quite frankly, I think the Titanic was better built. If the Ark had hit an iceberg, it would have gone down in minutes.
(11-01-2013, 12:59 PM)csrowan Wrote: It should have stopped at 9. Quite frankly, I think the Titanic was better built. If the Ark had hit an iceberg, it would have gone down in minutes.

Wow unless you are joking you really take things too literally. The point was that the Titanic was a marvel of technology at the time and built by skilled experts and actually was said to be unsinkable. And mother nature took it out anyway. As opposed to the alleged home built ark that allegedly survived.

Well, the real reason I think it should have stopped at 9 is that the Titanic was real and the Arc was fictional, so any comparison of which was better is a load of horseshit.
(11-01-2013, 01:12 PM)csrowan Wrote: Well, the real reason I think it should have stopped at 9 is that the Titanic was real and the Arc was fictional, so any comparison of which was better is a load of horseshit.

Yep,you are WAY too literal. I think the whole thing is mostly tongue and cheek.
Well tell me this, had it been a comparison of some massive electrical engineering project done by a firm of professionals versus a job soldered together by an amateur in his back yard, would you still find it funny? Or would you find it a recipe for some poor sap getting electrocuted for following the advice?
(11-01-2013, 01:22 PM)csrowan Wrote: Well tell me this, had it been a comparison of some massive electrical engineering project done by a firm of professionals versus a job soldered together by an amateur in his back yard, would you still find it funny? Or would you find it a recipe for some poor sap getting electrocuted for following the advice?

You think people are reading this and following the advice? Holy crap you over think things more than anyone else I've seen.

What next? Are you going to post some pie carts and graphs along with 18 links to Google sites?Laughing

There didn't have to REALLY be a freaking ARK to get something to reflect on out of # 10Rolling Eyes
What I think is that it's a stupid piece of advice. I reflected on it, and that's what I got out of it.

Well I was trying to lighten up the moment...first wrong thing I did this AM was turn TV and Flash news bulletin, shooting at LAX.

When will this madness end? And yes, I own firearms but I consider them as tools, when I worked or hunt for needed game meat.

So a reflective moment....without attacks?
(11-01-2013, 01:55 PM)Prospector Wrote:

Well I was trying to lighten up the moment...first wrong thing I did this AM was turn TV and Flash news bulletin, shooting at LAX.

When will this madness end? And yes, I own firearms but I consider them as tools, when I worked or hunt for needed game meat.

So a reflective moment....without attacks?

Didn't hear about that. Geez.
(11-01-2013, 01:55 PM)Prospector Wrote: When will this madness end?

When people quit being divided by these religious myths they all like adhering to just a little too well might be a great start.
(11-01-2013, 03:23 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 01:55 PM)Prospector Wrote: When will this madness end?

When people quit being divided by these religious myths they all like adhering to just a little too well might be a great start.

Well I think you know that although I don't pound the Bible, I don't believe they aren't any atheist in foxholes either.
Too many double negatives for that statement to make much sense. Smiling