Lingerie
It's that time of year when advertisers of all shapes and sized begin their Christmas blitz. Whatever sells well for holidays means we will be inundated with ads on any available media.

So, what are popular best sellers? Perfume. The perfume ads can be pretty weird as well as plentiful.

Slippers. Try finding a good deal on slippers in December. Good luck.

Lingerie. Lingerie?! Do people really wear that frilly, silky, silly stuff? My 'lingerie' consists of flannel pajama pants with a twenty-three year old oversized sweatshirt full of holes. I also have a sweatshirt without the holes but with as much, er, 'charm'. I have a gray nightgown with cows on it which looks delightful with that sweatshirt and is almost as old.

No, I'm serious. Why would someone wear lingerie to bed? It looks uncomfortable and if it does what it is clearly supposed to do, will wind up on the floor next to the bed anyway.

Am I missing something here? Confused
Lingerie is only meant to be worn until it is ripped off... hopefully not too long! Eyebrows

Big Grin
I know a woman who likes wearing sexy lingerie during the day, even if no one is going to see it, even if she's wearing casual clothes and running errands. For her, the knowledge that she has them on makes her feel sexy and confident.

I also know women who don't see the point, except for special occasions.
Lingerie-looking at the promotional ads that are out..like Victoria, seems like you better be a particular body shape

But your right, warmth is the key...flannel

Gift ideas I used

- spa days
- bath products
- gift certificates to favorite store
(11-02-2013, 10:36 AM)TennisMom Wrote: It's that time of year when advertisers of all shapes and sized begin their Christmas blitz. Whatever sells well for holidays means we will be inundated with ads on any available media.

So, what are popular best sellers? Perfume. The perfume ads can be pretty weird as well as plentiful.

Slippers. Try finding a good deal on slippers in December. Good luck.

Lingerie. Lingerie?! Do people really wear that frilly, silky, silly stuff? My 'lingerie' consists of flannel pajama pants with a twenty-three year old oversized sweatshirt full of holes. I also have a sweatshirt without the holes but with as much, er, 'charm'. I have a gray nightgown with cows on it which looks delightful with that sweatshirt and is almost as old.

No, I'm serious. Why would someone wear lingerie to bed? It looks uncomfortable and if it does what it is clearly supposed to do, will wind up on the floor next to the bed anyway.

Am I missing something here? Confused

Sex? You do know of course it's ALL about sex and has nothing to do with sleeping?
It just seems like a waste of money to me, although I do understand why a woman would like to wear sexy underwear. Good for her. I prefer nice, comfortable cotton.

Those Victoria Secret models don't look like they have any fun. Have a pizza once in a while, woman, and skip the lingerie!
(11-02-2013, 01:42 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It just seems like a waste of money to me, although I do understand why a woman would like to wear sexy underwear. Good for her. I prefer nice, comfortable cotton.

Those Victoria Secret models don't look like they have any fun. Have a pizza once in a while, woman, and skip the lingerie!

Of course, no one knows if any airbrushing was applied, eh?

Friend says he has number 1 rule: never buy undergarments for wife. Saves for less arguments. Why? Never could guess size.
Your poor hubby.
One woman I know says all that stuff ends up on either your neck or your ankles anyway.
(11-02-2013, 03:00 PM)PonderThis Wrote: One woman I know says all that stuff ends up on either your neck or your ankles anyway.

Isn't that the point? Eyebrows
(11-02-2013, 03:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 03:00 PM)PonderThis Wrote: One woman I know says all that stuff ends up on either your neck or your ankles anyway.

Isn't that the point? Eyebrows

Sometimes they can end up on your hubby.
There's more possibilities than that.

[Image: 2013-06-14-Dog3.jpg]
(11-02-2013, 03:30 PM)chuck white Wrote: Sometimes they can end up on your hubby.

They may end up on the hubby without the wife knowing about it. Eyebrows
(11-04-2013, 05:22 PM)TennisMom Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 03:30 PM)chuck white Wrote: Sometimes they can end up on your hubby.

They may end up on the hubby without the wife knowing about it. Eyebrows

I would start asking questions if they fit him better than her.