IV Marijuana Case against Family
Ok, just saw a hard copy of today's paper.

RADE performed a bust on Husband, Wife, and Son in IV who were registered growers.

Had 6 patients which allowed 36 plants and 9 pounds of storage. They were caught with 37 plants and 15 pounds.

The case didn't prove they were selling for profit.

Violation was 1 plant and 6 pounds.

I guess the question is

- in other States, would this have been just a ticket and confiscation?
- did the county spend its limited DA resources in pursuing this case?
- did Law Enforcement spend its limited resources wisely?

Meanwhile,

I hear Kandi Crow got home monitoring detention.
(11-08-2013, 03:05 PM)Prospector Wrote: Ok, just saw a hard copy of today's paper.

RADE performed a bust on Husband, Wife, and Son in IV who were registered growers.

Had 6 patients which allowed 36 plants and 9 pounds of storage. They were caught with 37 plants and 15 pounds.

I guess the question is

Meanwhile,

What exactly is "today's paper" If you could post some names I could maybe find the article. When was this arrest? You mention The case didn't prove they were selling for profit. You mean the article? What was the reason for the raid in the first place?

If they had nearly double the amount of weed the law allowed, SIX freaking POUNDS, why should I feel sympathetic?
Is law enforcement spending its limited resources wisely? Not in my opinion.Marijuana should be legal.

Most of these people are growing and selling. If they decide to break the law they can't cry about it when they get busted..... like they usually do.
(11-08-2013, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 03:05 PM)Prospector Wrote: Ok, just saw a hard copy of today's paper.

I guess the question is

Meanwhile,

What exactly is "today's paper" If you could post some names I could maybe find the article. When was this arrest? You mention The case didn't prove they were selling for profit. You mean the article? What was the reason for the raid in the first place?

If they had nearly double the amount of weed the law allowed, SIX freaking POUNDS, why should I feel sympathetic?
Is law enforcement spending its limited resources wisely? Not in my opinion.Marijuana should be legal.

Most of these people are growing and selling. If they decide to break the law they can't cry about it when they get busted..... like they usually do.

Was sitting in Dentist chair waiting for the guy. Only paper in GP.
The case went to DA.

I kinda of feel we are chasing low crime cases in IV when there was a major meth issue being pointed out weekly in the CJ editorial.

Sorry....just felt like an imbalance.

I'm not in the grow business, who is to said that 37 plants can't produce a bumper crop?

Are you required by law to destroy the excess?

I'm asking questions to educate myself. I remember two years ago there were discussions of growing Hemp and now that seems to have died. I use to own a hemp rope, the best.
(11-08-2013, 03:28 PM)Prospector Wrote: Was sitting in Dentist chair waiting for the guy. Only paper in GP.

Well how do I know what town you live in?Smiling isn't there an IV newspaper ?

I looked. Apparently you can access the front page of the courier online but that's all unless you pay. Maybe someone else can post the story. I assume it's also in the Medford mail tribune.

Quote:I kinda of feel we are chasing low crime cases in IV when there was a major meth issue being pointed out weekly in the CJ editorial.

Sorry....just felt like an imbalance

I agree.

Quote:I'm not in the grow business, who is to said that 37 plants can't produce a bumper crop?

Of course you are, how the hell else can you be in compliance. I think the amount that legal grower is MORE than fair so like I said too bad so sad if they can't abide by the generous amounts they are allowed to have.

Quote:I'm asking questions to educate myself. I remember two years ago there were discussions of growing Hemp and now that seems to have died. I use to own a hemp rope, the best.

For years I have heard about all of the great things with all the money and business that could be generated if only growing hemp was legal.

It will be interesting to see if this pans out. I doubt it.
(11-08-2013, 03:28 PM)Prospector Wrote: Are you required by law to destroy the excess?

Or give it away. Yes.

One person in Jackson County I know was visited, and the visitors were happy to see the residue from his burn pile, where a few charred leaves were still visible around the edges. They told him thank you, you are in compliance. Smiling

I think the law of 1.5 pounds of finished product per patient at any one time could have been met had they only waited to trim the buds off the stalks until time of use, because it technically wouldn't have all been ready to use yet.
I say... So what?!?! Rolling Eyes
If you don't follow the laws set forth in order to be a legal grower... then you pay the price. Period.
BTW... 6 pounds is 6 pounds! And what's the value? I bet it's a pretty penny!
What was that noise?
(11-08-2013, 06:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote: BTW... 6 pounds is 6 pounds! And what's the value? I bet it's a pretty penny!

Not near as much as it used to be. Smiling

(Probably $1000 - $1600 per pound this time of year - I remember when the best local used to bring $4000)
(11-08-2013, 03:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 03:28 PM)Prospector Wrote: Was sitting in Dentist chair waiting for the guy. Only paper in GP.

Well how do I know what town you live in?Smiling isn't there an IV newspaper ?

I looked. Apparently you can access the front page of the courier online but that's all unless you pay. Maybe someone else can post the story. I assume it's also in the Medford mail tribune.

Quote:I kinda of feel we are chasing low crime cases in IV when there was a major meth issue being pointed out weekly in the CJ editorial.

Sorry....just felt like an imbalance

I agree.

Quote:I'm not in the grow business, who is to said that 37 plants can't produce a bumper crop?

Of course you are, how the hell else can you be in compliance. I think the amount that legal grower is MORE than fair so like I said too bad so sad if they can't abide by the generous amounts they are allowed to have.

Quote:I'm asking questions to educate myself. I remember two years ago there were discussions of growing Hemp and now that seems to have died. I use to own a hemp rope, the best.

For years I have heard about all of the great things with all the money and business that could be generated if only growing hemp was legal.

It will be interesting to see if this pans out. I doubt it.

I think the Hemp meetings was just a "election season" ploy since it didn't move anywhere. However, I do see advertisements for Hemp products.

There is a lot of resources expended on this issue when more serious crimes are set aside because "lack of funds."

Be interested to see how Colorado goes with its new tax.

But isn't interesting that those who yell, "damn straight they broke the law" are willing to let other things slide or not hold those who take an oath to a higher standard?
Amazing.....
(11-08-2013, 06:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Not near as much as it used to be. Smiling

(Probably $1000 - $1600 per pound this time of year.)

That much?
Well, so I've heard, as a range. Smiling
(11-08-2013, 06:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 06:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote: BTW... 6 pounds is 6 pounds! And what's the value? I bet it's a pretty penny!

(Probably $1000 - $1600 per pound this time of year - I remember when the best local used to bring $4000)

Times 6... it's a pretty penny.
And... they should know the law.
They made a choice to break the law.
They pay the price.
I wonder if they think the price they're now paying is worth the $4000-$9600 they might have made off of it? Rolling Eyes
I don't know, but there's a lot of hours of labor (and expense) to tend, grow, protect, and trim a pound of weed. It's not like it's pure profit. Truthfully it's sort of a low paying endeavor these days, and more a labor of love.
(11-08-2013, 06:38 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, so I've heard, as a range. Smiling

If I read the article correctly in the short time in dentist chair..they weren't found not guilty or the charge was dismissed that they were growing or trying to sell for profit.

They never distributed to outside of their patients. Just got caught with excess,

I guess the motto is, destroy all excess as it becomes apparent, of course, not being a grower, I don't know if that is feasible.
That's what you'd want to tell them, anyway. Smiling
Finally got home...

Reduced charges for IV family in medical marijuana case
By Shaun Hall of the Daily Courier

Criminal cases against an Illinois Valley family involved in growing medical marijuana has been concluded with some convictions on reduced charges, and one dismissal.

“The proof was they had more processed marijuana than they were allowed,” Josephine County Deputy District Attorney Matt Corey said Thursday. “There was no evidence of profit.”

The cases against Karen, Raymond and Kyle Beairsto were concluded last week:

Charges against Karen Beairsto, 51, were dismissed.

Her husband, Raymond J. Beairsto, 55, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of unlawful possession of marijuana, although that charge could be reduced to a misdemeanor if he successfully completes probation.

Their son, Kyle J. Beairsto, 28, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unlawful possession of marijuana.

Initially, all had been charged with unlawful manufacture of marijuana, and Karen and Raymond Beairsto had been charged with sale of marijuana.

The home of Karen and Raymond Beairsto at 955 Reeves Creek Road was a registered medical marijuana grow site for multiple persons at the time of their arrest in October of last year.
Police found at their home “significantly more” processed marijuana than allowed under Oregon Medical Marijuana Program’s rules, which is 1.5 pounds of processed marijuana per patient, Corey said.

At the home, police seized marijuana stored in nine tubs and hanging on racks.

Officers had searched the property after a man told police he had been paid to process marijuana there, even though he had no medical marijuana card, according to police affidavits filed in Josephine County Circuit Court.

Police were told by an informant that marijuana there had come from Kyle Beairsto’s property, at 2594 Chapman Creek Road, then listed as a grow site for six patients. From that property, officers seized 37 marijuana plants and 15 bags of marijuana bud. Six mature plants are allowed per patient.

Corey said Kyle Beairsto had an amount of marijuana that “was outside the limits” of the OMMP program. With his conviction, he was ordered to serve 18 months probation and pay $160 in assessments.

Marijuana seized in the case was not returned to the Beairstos, Corey said.

Judge Pat Wolke ordered that Raymond Beairsto serve 18 months probation, during which time he may not participate in the medical marijuana program. He also must complete a substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment.

If Raymond Beairsto successfully completes probation, and his conviction is reduced to a misdemeanor, he possibly could legally possess guns again, Corey said. Felons are not allowed to possess guns.

Police seized more than 60 guns from Raymond and Karen Beairsto’s home during the raid. The guns are not being forfeited to the state, although Corey did not know what would become of them.

———
Ok I got bags and pounds mixed up. This didn't stated how many pounds, just 15 bags and 37 plants.
(11-08-2013, 06:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

They pay the price.
I wonder if they think the price they're now paying is worth the $4000-$9600 they might have made off of it? Rolling Eyes

scrapper you should smoke a big fattie it might mellow you out
(11-08-2013, 08:30 PM)ROYAL GOLD Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 06:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

They pay the price.

scrapper you should smoke a big fattie it might mellow you out

And if you hadn't smoked so much dope perhaps you wouldn't be such a dope. Too many years spent frying your brain has left you a dolt.
I think it's something more complex than that.