Quit taking my picture, and get out of my forest
One of the most unusual nature videos I have ever seen. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/...viral?lite

Unfortunately for the year and a half old elk, he was later euthanized after authorities viewed this remarkable video you see here. Apparently this elk had been in trouble with humans previously, and this was his final last straw.

Let this be a lesson to elk everywhere - know your place and don't get uppity.
Geez, I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those spears.
It just wanted the food in his backpack. He just wanted some good photos. This is what happens when humans treat WILD animals like pets. IMO it is his fault (along with those before him) for this animal to be put down.

I visited this park in Nara, Japan and was head butted and bitten by the deer demanding handouts.

The monkey parks are worse!

IMO this photographer is an idiot and he's lucky he wasn't killed. His non aggressive attitude only emboldened the young elk and helped convince this elk that humans were no threat.
I would have smacked the elk, jumped up and yelled as loud as I could.
I can't imagine being in a car watching this and not driving straight at the elk while laying on the horn.
When my dog was about a year old, I glanced out the window to see him "kissing" a cow elk. I thought it was an interesting display of interspecies interaction, but awfully brave and possibly foolhardy on his part. A week or so later, he came limping in very meekly, with a leg ripped clear to the bone. I'm pretty sure I know what happened.
(11-19-2013, 10:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: It just wanted the food in his backpack. He just wanted some good photos. This is what happens when humans treat WILD animals like pets. IMO it is his fault (along with those before him) for this animal to be put down.

I visited this park in Nara, Japan and was head butted and bitten by the deer demanding handouts.

The monkey parks are worse!

That monkey in the video is downright nasty!