New Armed Citizen Patrol Forms In Josephine County
http://www.kobi5.com/component/zoo/item/...ounty.html

In the last few months, a hit and run case which killed two men remains unsolved as does a murder where a man was found dead in the roadway.

Add to that an arson fire an a string of robberies.

Cave junction has it's hands full in terms of crime.

That's among the reasons that this community has become just the latest to start patrols with citizens.

"We are trying to be proactive instead of reactive," says Sam Nichols of Citizens Against Crime.

He organizers efforts in O'Brien and says it's working there.

"Ours has been so successful in 15 months to lowering the crime to almost zero," he says.

seems there are at least some men left in oregon who have not been nuetered. The rest want higher taxes.
Wouldn't it be easier to just pay your fucking county taxes like everyone else does? I never thought marching around like a cop was what I wanted to do in my spare time. OK, I suppose I could eat a donut once in awhile, but I don't even like them much anymore either.
(11-22-2013, 09:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I could eat a donut once in awhile, but I don't even like them much anymore either.

I gave up on donuts a few years ago, there is something wrong with any food that you can still burp up 6 to 8 hours later, yuck.
I ran a coffee and doughnuts concession for a year in DECCA, doing all the ordering and eating all the left over unsold doughnuts - you might imagine how that worked out. Smiling I loved doughnuts when I was young, but I'm with you, something changed. Either them or me. Smiling
Huh... but if you listen to Seligman and his ilk... Jo Co doesn't have a problem with crime. Blink
(11-22-2013, 09:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to just pay your fucking county taxes like everyone else does? I never thought marching around like a cop was what I wanted to do in my spare time. OK, I suppose I could eat a donut once in awhile, but I don't even like them much anymore either.

Of course it would be better if people paid for law enforcement but they didn't and some people are doing their best to help reduce crime. WTF is wrong with that?
Who cares if YOU never thought marching around like a cop was what YOU wanted? Me neither. Looks to me like it is indeed something this older and probably retired likes doing. Good for him and the other volunteers.
WTF is wrong with a bunch of untrained armed citizens wandering around looking for trouble?

Do you REALLY need an answer to that question?
(11-22-2013, 11:30 AM)csrowan Wrote: WTF is wrong with a bunch of untrained armed citizens wandering around looking for trouble?

Nothing at all unless your a criminal or anti-America.
You look for people flying their flags upside down to determine that, or what?
I don't know about the IV group, but we have a similar group in our area. I, for one, take some comfort in knowing that AFTER I have called 911, there is someone else I can call if I feel threatened.
Just read the story. Apparently there is some training. I retract my "untrained" remark.
(11-22-2013, 11:30 AM)csrowan Wrote: WTF is wrong with a bunch of untrained armed citizens wandering around looking for trouble?

Do you REALLY need an answer to that question?

They may not have the training a police officer has but they are not expected to BE Cops, They are a WATCH group and if they chose to carry a gun they have that RIGHT.

What part about the fact that it works are you overlooking? Or the fact that Sheriff Gil is OK with it?

People decide to stand up to criminals because they HAVE to and all you can do is look for a reason to find fault? OOOOOoo scary they have guns is all you can think?
I find the notion of a bunch of armed civilians looking for criminals to be inherently dangerous for innocent bystanders.

Is that so hard to understand?
(11-22-2013, 11:55 AM)csrowan Wrote: I find the notion of a bunch of armed civilians looking for criminals to be inherently dangerous for innocent bystanders.

Not coming from you it isn't. You gun haters always look for the worst case scenario. Too bad you can't or won't consider the possibility that these volunteers are more likely to save a life as they are to accidentally kill an innocent.

BTW, you and your ilk aren't hard to understand.
(11-22-2013, 11:55 AM)csrowan Wrote: I find the notion of a bunch of armed civilians looking for criminals to be inherently dangerous for innocent bystanders.

Turn into something that makes you happy by seeing it as really late term abortion.
(11-22-2013, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not coming from you it isn't. You gun haters always look for the worst case scenario. Too bad you can't or won't consider the possibility that these volunteers are more likely to save a life as they are to accidentally kill an innocent.

You realize, of course, that this all stemmed from Ponder's simple question "Wouldn't it be easier to just pay your fucking county taxes like everyone else does?"

You followed up with wanting to know WTF was wrong with people wanting to do their best to reduce crime.

Well, I gave an answer. You may not like it, but that's my answer. I'd rather have people pay their fucking county taxes like everyone else does and have REAL law enforcement rather than have civilians go out armed with guns and go looking for criminals. Maybe they have prevented some crime so far, but who is to say that they really will end up saving more lives in the long run? What happens if they find a couple of armed robbers in the middle of a heist, and they've got hostages?
The leader of the North Valley group is an ex-law enforcement officer that has had a lot of training to do just what he and his group are doing.
The leader and organizer of one of the groups in the IV is an ex-law enforcement officer that has had a lot of training in doing just what she and her group are doing.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it is ignorance just the same. Wink
(11-22-2013, 12:20 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You realize, of course, that this all stemmed from Ponder's simple question "Wouldn't it be easier to just pay your fucking county taxes like everyone else does?"

You followed up with wanting to know WTF was wrong with people wanting to do their best to reduce crime.

Well, I gave an answer. You may not like it, but that's my answer. I'd rather have people pay their fucking county taxes like everyone else does and have REAL law enforcement rather than have civilians go out armed with guns and go looking for criminals. Maybe they have prevented some crime so far, but who is to say that they really will end up saving more lives in the long run? What happens if they find a couple of armed robbers in the middle of a heist, and they've got hostages?

I see this logic a lot here. War is bad. so lets not have wars.Rolling Eyes

I responded to Ponders question LOGICALLY. He said "Wouldn't it be easier to just pay your fucking county taxes like everyone else does?"

I said of course. But the obvious fact that somehow you and Ponder want to overlook is that fact that people WON"T pay enough. So the next step for me is look at the second best option and not to sit here and debate a mute point.

And I'll say of course something bad could happen but unlike you I'm totally with the people who are willing to take that chance rather than sit on your hands while criminals run rampant.
I'd like to hear a few more mute points debated here.
(11-22-2013, 12:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'd like to hear a few more mute points debated here.

OK , lets see. My dog keeps getting out of my yard because none of my neighbors will help me pay for a fence and I can't afford it myself

So instead of looking for a solution I'll just let the dog escape and cry.... "Wouldn't it be easier to just pay for your share of the fence like everyone else does?"