New Armed Citizen Patrol Forms In Josephine County
(11-22-2013, 01:17 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:03 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: I never suggested people should sit idly by while their city is looted and criminals run rampant.

I just suggested they should pay their fucking taxes so that trained professionals could take over law enforcement instead of relying on roving bands of armed civilians who might end up in a situation they're woefully undertrained for.

UnbeliveableRolling Eyes who gives a damn what they SHOULD have done. They are doing what the NEED to do because what SHOULD have happened DIDN'T.

I hate to bust your libtard bubble but right now thousands of people have guns and do successfully protect their property and their neighbors.
Your assumption that things will certainly go wrong if armed citizens simply drive around and WATCH for crime is as bad as your false assumption that they have no training.

This is a discussion forum. We are discussing something and I am giving my opinion on something. The fact that it has already happened doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on what should have happened in the past.

My assumption that things COULD (as opposed to "will certainly") go wrong (your reading comprehension problem is showing) and go wrong badly is based on my assumption that these people are not nearly as well trained as law enforcement officials. While I originally assumed they were untrained, I then read the article, saw that there was required training, and made a post retracting my "untrained" comment. Which you either missed or ignored. Again, problems with reading comprehension.

I comprehend YOU just fine.. IDIOT. You on the other hand can't even admit that continually claiming harm will come from this and ignoring the fact that their is ALREADY harm happening NOW.

READ. THE. WORDS. I. WROTE.

I never claimed harm WOULD come. It's just more dangerous than having trained law enforcement, and therefore, AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, an unnecessary risk to innocent bystanders.

I never claimed they aren't preventing crime now.

I never suggested they should stop patrolling in the absence of law enforcement.

USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN TO ACTUALLY READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY SAYING INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO SAY SO YOU CAN PICK A FIGHT.

Ha ha ha you ALWAYS do this.. No one understands meLaughing You did nothing but find fault with what these volunteers are doing.
I comprehended that just fine.

Until now you haven't admitted they are stopping crime.
(11-22-2013, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hate to bust your libtard bubble but right now thousands of people have guns and do successfully protect their property and their neighbors.
Your assumption that things will certainly go wrong if armed citizens simply drive around and WATCH for crime is as bad as your false assumption that they have no training.

In Jackson County, they apparently have plenty of money for the sheriffs to do their own driving around looking for crime, and they pay $2.11 per thousand, and an owner of a $200,000 property pays $422 a year in county taxes.

While in crime ridden Josephine county, they pay 58 cents per thousand, so that $200,000 property pays $116. For a mere $308 more a year, a person can avoid the expenses of driving their own car around (around 60 cents a mile), the inconvenience and the risk, and stay inside where it's warm and comfy. They can scheme a way to make an extra $308 a year with the extra mental energy they have to waste. Isn't that a lot easier use of your life and your time? That's the point I'm trying to make.

There are threads about taxes in JOCO a mile long. IMO This thread is about what people are doing BECAUSE there are no police.

Well, let's look at this another way then, since everything seems to come down to money one way or another. If a person spends 2 hours a week doing voluntary patrol work and training, that's 100 hours they put into this a year. That 100 hours they put in to save $300 in taxes means they just got done working for $3 bucks an hour. Woohoo, are these guys smart and patriotic or what.
(11-22-2013, 01:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, let's look at this another way then, since everything seems to come down to money one way or another. If a person spends 2 hours a week doing voluntary patrol work and training, that's 100 hours they put into this a year. That 100 hours they put in to save $300 in taxes means they just got done working for $3 bucks an hour. Woohoo, are these guys smart and patriotic or what.

You are ASSuming that this is a conscious trade off for these folks.
Have you considered that maybe these people, or at least some of them, voted to "pay their fucking taxes" (don't I sound authoritative now, too!!?!?) but now that their efforts have been squelched by the majority of voters, are attempting to do what they see as the next best option to protect the community they care about?

I bet they have a lot less free time than you do to sit at a computer and talk trash on a small, local forum and make zero difference in terms of bettering their community. Smiling
(11-22-2013, 01:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hate to bust your libtard bubble but right now thousands of people have guns and do successfully protect their property and their neighbors.

In Jackson County, they apparently have plenty of money for the sheriffs to do their own driving around looking for crime, and they pay $2.11 per thousand, and an owner of a $200,000 property pays $422 a year in county taxes.

While in crime ridden Josephine county, they pay 58 cents per thousand, so that $200,000 property pays $116. For a mere $308 more a year, a person can avoid the expenses of driving their own car around (around 60 cents a mile), the inconvenience and the risk, and stay inside where it's warm and comfy. They can scheme a way to make an extra $308 a year with the extra mental energy they have to waste. Isn't that a lot easier use of your life and your time? That's the point I'm trying to make.

There are threads about taxes in JOCO a mile long. IMO This thread is about what people are doing BECAUSE there are no police.

Well, let's look at this another way then, since everything seems to come down to money one way or another. If a person spends 2 hours a week doing voluntary patrol work and training, that's 100 hours they put into this a year. That 100 hours they put in to save $300 in taxes means they just got done working for $3 bucks an hour. Woohoo, are these guys smart and patriotic or what.

That would only make sense if every single person was doing voluntary patrol work. It just doesn't make any sense. And what makes even less sense is trying to denigrate the people who are volunteering and trying to help.

But then that's pretty much how you roll isn't itSad
(11-22-2013, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:03 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: UnbeliveableRolling Eyes who gives a damn what they SHOULD have done. They are doing what the NEED to do because what SHOULD have happened DIDN'T.

I hate to bust your libtard bubble but right now thousands of people have guns and do successfully protect their property and their neighbors.

This is a discussion forum. We are discussing something and I am giving my opinion on something. The fact that it has already happened doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on what should have happened in the past.

My assumption that things COULD (as opposed to "will certainly") go wrong (your reading comprehension problem is showing) and go wrong badly is based on my assumption that these people are not nearly as well trained as law enforcement officials. While I originally assumed they were untrained, I then read the article, saw that there was required training, and made a post retracting my "untrained" comment. Which you either missed or ignored. Again, problems with reading comprehension.

I comprehend YOU just fine.. IDIOT. You on the other hand can't even admit that continually claiming harm will come from this and ignoring the fact that their is ALREADY harm happening NOW.

I never claimed harm WOULD come. It's just more dangerous than having trained law enforcement, and therefore, AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, an unnecessary risk to innocent bystanders.

I never suggested they should stop patrolling in the absence of law enforcement.

USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN TO ACTUALLY READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY SAYING INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO SAY SO YOU CAN PICK A FIGHT.

Ha ha ha you ALWAYS do this.. No one understands meLaughing You did nothing but find fault with what these volunteers are doing.

My argument had nothing to do with the amount of crime stopped. My argument was "paying your taxes for real law enforcement is better than civilians patrolling the streets".

The effectiveness of the civilians has nothing to do with my argument, because the police are also effective. But the police are better trained and more capable of dealing with bigger problems.

The reason I "always do this" is because you ALWAYS fucking misinterpret what people say. If I say "I had to scrape frost of my windshield today", you'll claim I was bitching about how cold it was. If I say "It's possible the police officer overreacted", you'll claim that I'm blaming the cop.

Read. My. Words. Not what you think I mean. Not what you interpret them to mean. Read exactly what I say. No more, no less. No reading between the lines. If I don't say anything about whether or not the group has stopped crime, don't assume anything about my position one way or the other. It's really very simple.
(11-22-2013, 01:36 PM)csrowan Wrote: Read. My. Words.

Not any more today.
(11-22-2013, 12:58 PM)gapper Wrote: And another thread bites the dust......

And... what (or should I say "who"?) is the common denominator in most threads that bite the dust?

What say you, TVg? Rolling Eyes
(11-22-2013, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:02 PM)Leonard Wrote: I have one word for the folks supporting these armed civilians looking for criminals.

- Zimmerman -

People are finally waking up to this gun madness of allowing just anyone to own a gun no matter if they are mentally unsound and incapable of understanding when not to use one.

The ''Neighborhood Watch'' program where Zimmerman killed an unarmed teen has said;

“We will not allow a person to carry a firearm while operating as a member of our neighborhood watch program,”

They have no policing powers, carry no weapons, are nonconfrontational, and always coordinate activities with law enforcement.

Never mind the fact that Zimmerman was viciously attacked for doing nothing but WATCHING.

Oh good gawd, man... Get. Real. Rolling Eyes
(11-22-2013, 01:17 PM)csrowan Wrote: USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN TO ACTUALLY READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY SAYING INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO SAY SO YOU CAN PICK A FIGHT.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have another winner, folks! Thumbs Up
(11-22-2013, 01:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, let's look at this another way then, since everything seems to come down to money one way or another. If a person spends 2 hours a week doing voluntary patrol work and training, that's 100 hours they put into this a year. That 100 hours they put in to save $300 in taxes means they just got done working for $3 bucks an hour. Woohoo, are these guys smart and patriotic or what.

That would only make sense if every single person was doing voluntary patrol work. It just doesn't make any sense. And what makes even less sense is trying to denigrate the people who are volunteering and trying to help.

I do think they come off looking like pretty stupid rednecks, yes. Smiling
(11-22-2013, 01:30 PM)gapper Wrote:

Have you considered that maybe these people, or at least some of them, voted to "pay their fucking taxes" (don't I sound authoritative now, too!!?!?) but now that their efforts have been squelched by the majority of voters, are attempting to do what they see as the next best option to protect the community they care about?

I bet they have a lot less free time than you do to sit at a computer and talk trash on a small, local forum and make zero difference in terms of bettering their community. Smiling

What makes you think I'm not bettering my community by staying off the streets? Laughing
Out here in Sunny Valley, we've had our own posse for sometime.
[Image: Ned%20Christi%20Posse.gif]

And yes, it's cheaper than extra property taxes.
Well sure, but those guys are all in the graveyard.
(11-22-2013, 01:47 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:30 PM)gapper Wrote:

What makes you think I'm not bettering my community by staying off the streets? Laughing

Dang....... ya got me there.
I stand corrected and will take my label of ASSumor like an adult.
EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
This thread "bit the dust and it's all Tvguys faultLaughingLaughing

What did you offer Scrapper?? Nothing but the same old rock throwing and whining that defines you.

You didn't offer to voice an opinion on the topic but instead chose to make THREE posts just to bitch about me because you don't like me.
What did that do for the thread , eh big mouth?
Let's see how many people here have been saying what TV thinks they've been saying. (That would be choice #1, by the way.)

1) Post a Mad if you think these people should go back inside their houses and stop patrolling, regardless of what happens to the crime rate.

2) Post a Thumbs Down if the idea of armed citizens patrolling instead of police because people were too stubborn to vote for higher taxes pisses you off and you think it's a potentially dangerous situation.

3) Post a Thumbs Up if you think these people are making the best of a bad situation.

4) Post a Jittery if you're chomping at the bit to join up.

I vote Thumbs Down (with a small side order of Thumbs Up )
(11-22-2013, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: This thread "bit the dust and it's all Tvguys faultLaughingLaughing

I said the thread had bit the dust. I didn't mention who I thought was responsible. (actually, I did, but I edited my post to take the blame off of Ponder once you responded to him in kind, then CSRowan got into the act.........Sad )

Given you seem to be assuming I was talking about you, maybe CSRowan has a point about you reading more into what people write than need be, sometimes.

Food for thought. Smiling
Thumbs Up

I might be Jittery if we could dress up like Ninja 's otherwise I will just sit in my house and Waving at them as they patrol.
(11-22-2013, 01:36 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:03 PM)csrowan Wrote: This is a discussion forum. We are discussing something and I am giving my opinion on something. The fact that it has already happened doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on what should have happened in the past.

My argument had nothing to do with the amount of crime stopped. My argument was "paying your taxes for real law enforcement is better than civilians patrolling the streets".

The effectiveness of the civilians has nothing to do with my argument, because the police are also effective. But the police are better trained and more capable of dealing with bigger problems.

The reason I "always do this" is because you ALWAYS fucking misinterpret what people say. If I say "I had to scrape frost of my windshield today", you'll claim I was bitching about how cold it was. If I say "It's possible the police officer overreacted", you'll claim that I'm blaming the cop.

Read. My. Words. Not what you think I mean. Not what you interpret them to mean. Read exactly what I say. No more, no less. No reading between the lines. If I don't say anything about whether or not the group has stopped crime, don't assume anything about my position one way or the other. It's really very simple.

the reality is these groups do a far better job than the sheriffs dept. ever did and the cost is zero!Have you checked recently Rays Market is closing 2 stores in Joco because of economics.People cant even afford food here and yet you expect them to pay additional property taxes.The crime stats were inflated and false as well.The crime situation clearly is not.We are safer now then before the funding cuts thanks to these groups.
(11-22-2013, 08:34 PM)ROYAL GOLD Wrote: [

the reality is these groups do a far better job than the sheriffs dept. ever did and the cost is zero!
No trial, no Juries, we even have a makeshift corner and undertaker.

Quote:Have you checked recently Rays Market is closing 2 stores in Joco because of economics.People cant even afford food here and yet you expect them to pay additional property taxes.

They certainly can't afford to shop at Ray's.

Quote:The crime stats were inflated and false as well.The crime situation clearly is not.We are safer now then before the funding cuts thanks to these groups.
When have crime stats been accurate, most crime goes unreported.

Unreported crime has gone up dramatically over the last election cycle.