New Armed Citizen Patrol Forms In Josephine County
(12-08-2013, 08:31 AM)tvguy Wrote: BTW Thanks for refusing to use the quote function and making my response and anyone trying to make sense a real chore.

I feel your pain. Smiling
(12-08-2013, 08:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 07:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's true everywhere, if that's the point you're trying to make, so Josephine County isn't any different than anywhere else in that regard.

But it doesn't seem likely that society at large is benefitted by every nutcase around carrying guns and ready to use them at the slightest provocation either, does it?

Nutcase? I heard that the people who made up this private security force were well trained.
You did too since you don't miss anything ever said here.

You just CHOOSE to describe them as nutcases because that fits what YOU want to believe.

Quote: OL
Who said they justify some nut case carrying around a gun ready to shoot on sight?
Quote: PonderThis - Yesterday 06:06 PM
It's true everywhere, if that's the point you're trying to make, so Josephine County isn't any different than anywhere else in that regard.

Of course it is because of the lack of officers in JOCO makes those "minutes away police" MORE minutes away.

But I wasn't trying to quantify HOW MANY more minutes cops are away when you need them in seconds, but the fact remains that even in the most heavily policed cities unless you're right across from the police department or incredibly lucky cops are generally at least a few minutes away. Jesus you want to nitpick.

Where I live, I figure I could probably have a half hour head start on them. Laughing
(12-08-2013, 08:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 08:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 07:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's true everywhere, if that's the point you're trying to make, so Josephine County isn't any different than anywhere else in that regard.

But it doesn't seem likely that society at large is benefitted by every nutcase around carrying guns and ready to use them at the slightest provocation either, does it?

Nutcase? I heard that the people who made up this private security force were well trained.
You did too since you don't miss anything ever said here.

You just CHOOSE to describe them as nutcases because that fits what YOU want to believe.

Quote: OL
Who said they justify some nut case carrying around a gun ready to shoot on sight?
Quote: PonderThis - Yesterday 06:06 PM
It's true everywhere, if that's the point you're trying to make, so Josephine County isn't any different than anywhere else in that regard.

Of course it is because of the lack of officers in JOCO makes those "minutes away police" MORE minutes away.

But I wasn't trying to quantify HOW MANY more minutes cops are away when you need them in seconds, but the fact remains that even in the most heavily policed cities unless you're right across from the police department or incredibly lucky cops are generally at least a few minutes away. Jesus you want to nitpick.

Where I live, I figure I could probably have a half hour head start on them. Laughing

Sorry but it was you nitpicking OL's saying because YOU had seen it before.
And you said it's always true. I just said it's more true in a county where they have one freaking cop.
OL has repeated this ....

When seconds count the police are just minutes away.

In response to the anti gun people who like to tell people they don't need a gun .. just call 911.
(Sigh) Yes, we all know what OL's gun agenda is. It's not too much different from yours. The answer to pretty much everything is "shoot" in you guys world.
(12-08-2013, 09:22 AM)PonderThis Wrote: (Sigh) Yes, we all know what OL's gun agenda is. It's not too much different from yours. The answer to pretty much everything is "shoot" in you guys world.

No that's the answer that you like to use to inacuratly describe what we say.

Basically because you are a lying asshole.
If you had a little more education or intelligence either one, you could come up with better rebukes than that.
(12-08-2013, 10:04 AM)PonderThis Wrote: If you had a little more education or intelligence either one, you could come up with better rebukes than that.

Why should he sugar coat the truth?
It would improve the quality of the forum, for one thing. And make him look not so stupid, for another. Smiling