(11-27-2013, 07:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 07:25 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Here is how it works:

Melting Arctic ice = Global Warming
Increase in Antarctic ice = Climate Change
Freezing temps = Climate Change
Super hot temps = Global warming
Increase in hurricanes = Global warming
Decrease in hurricanes = dumb luck
Earth's angle and proximity to the sun = who cares?
Climate change = Global warming, unless it's cooling, then its still climate change.

It's Obama's fault. Just ask Chuck. He knows these things.

They had to call it Climate change, because the general population is to stupid to understand chaos and equilibrium. Back in the early seventies (before Al Gore) I was privy to some stuff in a CIA study on climate change. Seems the government was well aware of the cause of CO2 in the sixties. They were doing a strategic planning. They were looking at areas that would experience, drought, floods, earthquakes (yes earthquakes will increase because of the changing load of snow on the plates), increased volcanic activity, and chaotic temperature fluctuations. (extreme highs and lows). Most people just can't get their mind pass. It will be warmer.
The best way I can explain to others who have less understanding is to use a mobile that hangs from a string.
[Image: Baby%20Mobile%20LG.jpg]

You pull down on one spot and every thing goes up and down until a new equilibrium is reached. This could take thousands of years.
I am freezing. I just can"t get warm tonight for some reason. But then I remind myself we've been spared the "Polar Vortex". Yay!

I'm looking at this picture. Do some of those temps say -40, -50 and more? (less)?

[Image: BdSlZWvCEAAXL_i.png]
(01-06-2014, 09:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I am freezing. I just can"t get warm tonight for some reason. But then I remind myself we've been spared the "Polar Vortex". Yay!

I'm looking at this picture. Do some of those temps say -40, -50 and more? (less)?

Take a HOT shower, put on thick flannel pajamas, Ugg slippers and turn on the portable electric heater. Works every timeRazz
I had a day the other day I couldn't seem to get warm. The more logs I threw on the fire didn't seem to help much either, although I had a crackling fire going. I took a hot bath, and that didn't help either, it was just like there was a cold draft to the air. I thought maybe I was catching a cold. About bedtime I went into the kitchen and realized sometime during the day I'd left an outside door half open. Smiling
(01-06-2014, 09:27 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(01-06-2014, 09:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I am freezing. I just can"t get warm tonight for some reason. But then I remind myself we've been spared the "Polar Vortex". Yay!

Take a HOT shower, put on thick flannel pajamas, Ugg slippers and turn on the portable electric heater. Works every timeRazz

Yeah, I have a heater at my feet and the central is on. Wearing thick sweats and slippers. The only thing I have done is the hot shower part. I'll probably go to sleep before I do that. But I can't imagine even being able to stay warm here at -40!
[Image: 1524563_10152220304325337_707805677_n.jpg]
(01-06-2014, 09:43 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yeah, I have a heater at my feet and the central is on. Wearing thick sweats and slippers. The only thing I have done is the hot shower part. I'll probably go to sleep before I do that. But I can't imagine even being able to stay warm here at -40!

I think it's a circulation thingSmiling
(01-07-2014, 01:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Speaking of circulation, rode my bike to work today. I haven't for weeks because of the cold/dark. It's amazing how fast one gets out of shape.
(01-07-2014, 07:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Speaking of circulation, rode my bike to work today. I haven't for weeks because of the cold/dark. It's amazing how fast one gets out of shape.

You're the bomb I need to ride my bike or walk too. I took the dog for a one mile jog the other day but my lazy ass was riding my 4 wheelerEmbarrassed
(01-07-2014, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 07:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-06-2014, 09:27 PM)Jeep Wrote: Take a HOT shower, put on thick flannel pajamas, Ugg slippers and turn on the portable electric heater. Works every timeRazz

You're the bomb I need to ride my bike or walk too. I took the dog for a one mile jog the other day but my lazy ass was riding my 4 wheelerEmbarrassed

Well, I felt like a loser. I don't think it was even a mile and it was really hard. (special location today)
(01-07-2014, 09:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Well, I felt like a loser. I don't think it was even a mile and it was really hard. (special location today)

Be sure to check that the tires are inflated properly. I keep mine at the higher end of recommended pressure for easier pedaling. Keep in mind the ride is a bit rougher the harder the tire though.
(01-07-2014, 09:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 09:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Well, I felt like a loser. I don't think it was even a mile and it was really hard. (special location today)

Be sure to check that the tires are inflated properly. I keep mine at the higher end of recommended pressure for easier pedaling. Keep in mind the ride is a bit rougher the harder the tire though.

I did. I did a "pretrip" to make sure tires were inflated and the lights and lock were working. Thanks.Smiling
I can almost hear Johnny asking, "How cold is it outside"?

Sad
Ok, time to pickle the homestead and head south....enough is enough.
I have two 6 foot palm trees planted in the ground and a huge bamboo plant in a container and they all look dead.
That big freeze we had was too much for them. All I can do is hope they come back in the spring.
(01-08-2014, 09:54 AM)tvguy Wrote: I have two 6 foot palm trees planted in the ground and a huge bamboo plant in a container and they all look dead.
That big freeze we had was too much for them. All I can do is hope they come back in the spring.

Plant hair.
Cash crop. Cool
(01-07-2014, 10:45 PM)Prospector Wrote: Ok, time to pickle the homestead and head south....enough is enough.

How do you pickle your house and where are you going this time.

I know where you go is none of my business, but as another person that enjoys traveling, I am curious.
(01-08-2014, 11:27 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 10:45 PM)Prospector Wrote: Ok, time to pickle the homestead and head south....enough is enough.

I know where you go is none of my business, but as another person that enjoys traveling, I am curious.

By pickle, I mean...

Put everything on vacation hold, turn off the water, set thermostat to 55, hold any mail, and head someplace warm for some fishing. Belize is in the upper 70's, that might do. Smiling
(01-08-2014, 02:46 PM)Prospector Wrote:

By pickle, I mean...

Put everything on vacation hold, turn off the water, set thermostat to 55, hold any mail, and head someplace warm for some fishing. Belize is in the upper 70's, that might do. Smiling
Oh, I'll post some vacay photos from Cabo in a while. I am not about maybe. Smiling
(01-08-2014, 08:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 02:46 PM)Prospector Wrote:

By pickle, I mean...

Oh, I'll post some vacay photos from Cabo in a while. I am not about maybe. Smiling

Pickle has a different meaning to Cletus1