Seligman House Fire
(11-27-2013, 09:51 AM)kadylady Wrote: I'm trying to copy and paste the article, but can't do anything on this little notebook. Sad

http://web.thedailycourier.com/eedition/

Quote:Two hurt in Selma fire
By Jeff Duewel
of the Daily Courier

SELMA — Former
Josephine County commission
candidate Mark Seligman said
he and his girlfriend tried to
stop a fire that broke out in
Seligman’s living room early
Sunday morning. They were
unable to stop it, and both were
injured in the flames that
destroyed his home at 5626
Lakeshore
Drive.
Seligman
said he was
at Three
Rivers Medical
Center
in Grants Pass for three hours
on Sunday, but his girlfriend of
two years has been taken to a
Portland hospital. He said he
didn’t know which hospital and
declined to give her name. He
said this morning she is in critical
but stable condition.
“They have her sedated. I’m
really sad,” he said. “If you saw
my face you’d think I was beaten
up by Mike Tyson.”
Seligman said he got up to
use the bathroom shortly before
6 a.m. and when he came out
“the place is on fire.”
A couch was ablaze near the
wood stove, and Seligman and
his girlfriend tried to stop it.
She had blankets and “I was
running back and forth with
pans of water.”
He said that if they had
immediately gotten out “nobody
would be in the hospital.”
“Your gut reaction is to stop
it,” he said.
When the flames blew up, he
escaped through a bedroom
window and his girlfriend got
out the front door.
Illinois Valley Fire District
and Rural/Metro Fire Department
responded with numerous
engines and firefighters, but the
house was fully engulfed when
they arrived.
IV Fire Chief Dennis Hoke
said the exact cause has not
been determined.
Seligman, 63, runs a landscaping
business and ran
unsuccessfully for county commissioner
in 2010. He was formerly
a taxi driver in New
York and has lived in the county
for 15 years.

And here is the link to the Daily Courier's video: http://web.thedailycourier.com/video/vid...112613Fire
(11-27-2013, 10:14 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 09:51 AM)kadylady Wrote: I'm trying to copy and paste the article, but can't do anything on this little notebook. Sad
The article said that the couch, next to the wood stove, was "ablaze". It might be the stove was too hot.
I don't wish fire on anyone. Scary stuff.

I wonder how close the couch was to the stove?
Now that his house has burned down, he should get a reduction on his property tax.

TOO CLOSE! Twitch
Thanks, Scrapper.
That's terrible that his girlfriend is in critical condition.
(11-27-2013, 10:19 AM)kadylady Wrote: Thanks, Scrapper.

Ditto.
Mark, you should have immediately gotten your gal out of the house. Now she is suffering because of your stupidity. Mad

If anyone hears further info regarding this woman or a fund set up to help her, please post it here.
I'm amazed at the logic or lack of from some here. Being suspicious when both people were injured and one critically?

Here's wishing for full recoveries to both.
(11-27-2013, 10:49 AM)Valuesize Wrote: [color=#4B0082]Mark, you should have immediately gotten your gal out of the house. Now she is suffering because of your stupidity. Mad

You really need to go there? Do you give orders to your wife that she obeys like a dog? How do you know it's his fault?
We don't want to leave any stones unturned. Mark wouldn't expect any less from us.
(11-27-2013, 10:53 AM)PonderThis Wrote: We don't want to leave any stones unturned. Mark wouldn't expect any less from us.

Go ahead defend your stupidity.
How much did Mark harass Hare saying it was such a matter of public interest. If you can't see the parallels here I can't help you.
Again, been trying to sell..... can't...... he went to restroom and came out and boom ablaze? But then he was running back and forth trying to put it out? He went out the window leaving his girlfriend to fend for herself.....truly heroic. Looked like he fought with Tyson? The fire hit him? Doesn't fire usually burn, not bruise? Facts don't seem to add up.
Hard to believe the fire place would have been that hot at 6 AM. They must have gotten up earlier and put another log in. Usually the fire has died out by morning.
(11-27-2013, 10:49 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Mark, you should have immediately gotten your gal out of the house. Now she is suffering because of your stupidity. Mad

If anyone hears further info regarding this woman or a fund set up to help her, please post it here.

I don't know about you, but If I woke up and my house was on fire, I would try and put it out too.

Also where was the smoke detectors?. They go off long before the flames erupt. Could it be that he didn't have any?
Fire place- smoke detector , they go hand in hand.
Fire in the living room... Seligman got out through "a bedroom window" the woman got out through "the front door". Things that make you go "Hmmm..."
(11-27-2013, 10:58 AM)BeerMe Wrote: Again, been trying to sell..... can't...... he went to restroom and came out and boom ablaze? But then he was running back and forth trying to put it out? He went out the window leaving his girlfriend to fend for herself.....truly heroic. Looked like he fought with Tyson? The fire hit him? Doesn't fire usually burn, not bruise? Facts don't seem to add up.

Quote:He went out the window leaving his girlfriend to fend for herself.....truly heroic.

Oh please. You weren't there when the fire flashed. You don't know enough to conclude he left his girlfriend to fend for herself. She went out the front door, it sounds like he was the one who was more trapped.

I can imagine they were running back and forth with water or one was using a blanket trying to smother and they were separated when the fire went out of control.
I would make at least some token effort at putting a fire out as well, because where I live, no fire department could ever arrive soon enough to save it. I've run 2" water lines all around my place for that same reason, and have a 2 horse pump. I'm really the only fire department I have, and I realize that's pretty minimal. My best savings in this newest house is, it's made out of mud so is mostly unburnable.
(11-27-2013, 11:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Fire in the living room... Seligman got out through "a bedroom window" the woman got out through "the front door". Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."
(11-27-2013, 11:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I would make at least some token effort at putting a fire out as well, because where I live, no fire department could ever arrive soon enough to save it. I've run 2" water lines all around my place for that same reason, and have a 2 horse pump. I'm really the only fire department I have, and I realize that's pretty minimal. My best savings in this newest house is, it's made out of mud so is mostly unburnable.

I've been to a lot of burned houses to rewire them. It's not the house that burns it all the stuff we put inside the house that burns.

Everyone reading this should make sure they have smoke detectors with 10 year batteries.
(11-27-2013, 11:15 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 11:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Fire in the living room... Seligman got out through "a bedroom window" the woman got out through "the front door". Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Amen.
Sad