Clustered Criminals Habituate Homicide
(12-04-2013, 12:38 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 12:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: And as far as the wide disparity in incomes in this country , are we supposed to just take from the rich and give to the poor?

Essentially, yes. As well as provide everyone first class schooling and health care, and make sure everyone has equal opportunity.

LaughingLaughing
(12-04-2013, 12:45 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 12:12 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 11:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 09:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote: So clustering more criminals in prison that any other country on the planet might not really be such a great idea then, huh? That's what I was suspecting.

Please tell me. What is the the alternative in fairy tale land?

Since no other country has the amount of people willing to break the law that we have then comparing US to other countries is pointless.
[citation needed]

Look up "common sense"

The notion that we have more people in prison equating to having more people willing to break the law is flawed logic. It could mean that we have a better police force, or a more corrupt one. It could mean we have a better judicial system, or a more corrupt one, or one that passes longer sentences, or one that finds more people guilty. It could mean that we have a higher population. It could mean that we have more laws to break. It could mean we jail people for offenses that other countries merely fine people for, or send them to rehab for.

Maybe you should try using some of this "common sense".

Could could could.

It IS because we have a shit load of people in this country who break the law.

Some of your "could be" comments are indeed a part of the problem. Like the drug crimes that in other countries are legal or don't result in jail time.

But still the people HERE who are in jail over drug crimes were WILLING to break the law and knew the consequences.

But the notion that we have more people locked up because the police are corrupt is just stupid in my opinion.
Compared to some countries, our police are anything but corrupt. Hell, compared to some countries, our politicians are practically saints. Compared to other countries, corruption runs rampant through our police forces.

It all depends on your perspective.
(12-04-2013, 12:22 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Why, are some races subhuman somehow? Since it's a cold climate, it's mostly people acclimated to that sort of climate, and some of them came there as slaves, but they all get along together now.

Why, because it's on topic. See the OP for a refresher.
(12-04-2013, 01:10 PM)csrowan Wrote: Compared to some countries, our police are anything but corrupt. Hell, compared to some countries, our politicians are practically saints. Compared to other countries, corruption runs rampant through our police forces.

It all depends on your perspective.

I agreeBig Grin