Puppi and Burma the adventure cat.
(12-14-2013, 11:01 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 10:17 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 01:30 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 09:40 PM)Prospector Wrote: You be surprised the trials and tribulations that vets go through with the VA (with regards to claims) with visible issues so apparent even to the novice.

Great story...to bad it doesn't fall on the right " ears" to do more.

I volunteered at the White City Dom for a while when I was a Boy Scout. Spent a couple of summers just keeping people company there. No one else was bothering to spend their free time with the people who had served the US.

I was there 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, all summer. There were no regular visitors. When I worked as a caregiver in the Alzheimer's ward we had more regular visitors than the White City Dom had. And they couldn't remember who had visited them an hour later.

They say that about Holocaust survivors now. Those who are left aren't really there anymore.

What the?

Keep up, would ya, TV? (don't ask me to explain).

In the meantime, I think I'll post another pic of old puppi and burma.
(12-14-2013, 11:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 01:30 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 09:40 PM)Prospector Wrote: You be surprised the trials and tribulations that vets go through with the VA (with regards to claims) with visible issues so apparent even to the novice.

Great story...to bad it doesn't fall on the right " ears" to do more.

I volunteered at the White City Dom for a while when I was a Boy Scout. Spent a couple of summers just keeping people company there. No one else was bothering to spend their free time with the people who had served the US.

I was there 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, all summer. There were no regular visitors. When I worked as a caregiver in the Alzheimer's ward we had more regular visitors than the White City Dom had. And they couldn't remember who had visited them an hour later.

They say that about Holocaust survivors now. Those who are left aren't really there anymore.

What the?

I've seen plenty of holocaust survivors on TV shows who talked about their own personal experiences.
. They seemed as cognizant as anyone else. There wasn't any thing about them that would remind me of Alzheimer's ward patients.

I read your comment over and over and I'm still not sure what you meant.Smiling
[Image: 1175715_511582202253802_1288490698_n.jpg]

[Image: 601468_514081642003858_1169543382_n.jpg]
(12-14-2013, 11:12 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-14-2013, 11:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 01:30 AM)csrowan Wrote: I volunteered at the White City Dom for a while when I was a Boy Scout. Spent a couple of summers just keeping people company there. No one else was bothering to spend their free time with the people who had served the US.

So what? Enjoy the photos.

What the?

I've seen plenty of holocaust survivors on TV shows who talked about their own personal experiences.
. They seemed as cognizant as anyone else. There wasn't any thing about them that would remind me of Alzheimer's ward patients.

I read your comment over and over and I'm still not sure what you meant.Smiling

So what? Enjoy the photos.
That's a beautiful dog.
That's a cat snow angel.

[Image: 1469949_566553663423322_1255458091_n.jpg]
[Image: 1461852_566547406757281_1460682870_n.jpg]
(12-14-2013, 07:57 PM)Tiamat Wrote: That's a cat snow angel.

[Image: 1469949_566553663423322_1255458091_n.jpg]

Good to know because it looks deadBlink
(12-14-2013, 08:00 PM)Tiamat Wrote: [Image: 1461852_566547406757281_1460682870_n.jpg]

How the hell does he get that cat to sit ,stay and pose?
(12-14-2013, 11:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-14-2013, 08:00 PM)Tiamat Wrote: [Image: 1461852_566547406757281_1460682870_n.jpg]

How the hell does he get that cat to sit ,stay and pose?

Well, I met them, as I said. The man, Steven, had the dog and the cat inside Pet Country. The cat was just incredibly calm and mellow. It just looked at us and didn't even twitch. He was holding it, but it was really just sunk into his arm. More like just taking a little ride in his arm rather than the guy actually holding him. I think it just does it's thing and the guy just follows them and takes their lead and photographs them. He calls it the adventure cat. The cat has some personality for sure. What's remarkable, isn't just that this cat and dog are so amazing, but the guy is taking incredible pictures of our region that are like a travelogue display. I see a new picture every day and they make me smile. So, I share them.
[Image: 1505378_567753066636715_1687445600_n.jpg]
I'm a bit iffy about posting this one. But hey, he's not begging. No one has to buy his prints.

Quote:The Adventures of Puppi & Burma
More personal matters, so the governement saw fit to deposit the monthly disability check I do get, not for ptsd, a few days before dec 1, never done before. So, checking my balance at the end of Nov I didnt realize I'd already recieved my Dec disability payment and counted on that to be added to my balance, only to find out yesterday that I really dont have around a thousand $ s in the bank but rather 6 $s and something. The problem is I dont think that will get me back to Virginia this month for Christmas. So determined I'm not going to borrow $s from anyone, today I ll be using the small amount of cash that I have to go to staples and print 100 Burma prints, and I ll be selling them for 10 $s. That should be enough to get back to Virginia. So this is for local grants pass people only, I ll sell these starting tomorrow, and if you have friends or co workers who could spare 10 $s to buy a print it would be helping me help myself back to Virginia. You can post here or email at puppiandburma@gmail.com and I ll be out and about with them and i might stand outside wal mart and sell them too. I ll post a pic of the print after while. Thank you. Stephen
https://www.facebook.com/PuppiandBurma

Ten bucks is a bit rich for my blood.
Not sure how he didn't notice his balance back in November. But, when you're homeless it might be harder.

[Image: 1466135_562737060471649_447246665_n.jpg]
(12-17-2013, 08:35 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Ten bucks is a bit rich for my blood.
Not sure how he didn't notice his balance back in November. But, when you're homeless it might be harder.

I think It's pity money people are GIVING him for the pics. And Homeless? He chooses to be homeless. You say it as if it's a problem. I was homeless one time also. And I didn't have thousand dollars coming in every month. I chose to be on the road and I loved it, mostly. I never felt like someone who needed help from others. When I needed money I worked for it.
(12-18-2013, 11:07 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I think It's pity money people are GIVING him for the pics. And Homeless? He chooses to be homeless. You say it as if it's a problem. I was homeless one time also. And I didn't have thousand dollars coming in every month. I chose to be on the road and I loved it, mostly. I never felt like someone who needed help from others. When I needed money I worked for it.

Not at all, TV. I make no judgments or assumptions about his homelessness. That's why I said I was iffy about posting it. But some people might want to support him. Who knows. I already said I wouldn't pay for the pics. I will post them though.
I'm going to hijack my own thread and go off topic here. Based on the above 3 posts. It occurs to me that the term "homelessness" has become such a hot button topic. You can't even say it without polarizing the issue. Or seeming to. For instance: in the above post I even said that I couldn't understand why the guy didn't know his own bank balance. I said maybe homelessness was an issue. But I wasn't saying it was the reason. Or that it was a bad thing, or poor guy, he's homeless or anything. But it went there fast. It's interesting that homelessness as an idea has become so touchy and polarizing. (TV, I'm making discussion not arguing with youLaughing) Is homelessness becoming a taboo or too controversial a topic in todays world?
(12-18-2013, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm going to hijack my own thread and go off topic here. Based on the above 3 posts. It occurs to me that the term "homelessness" has become such a hot button topic. You can't even say it without polarizing the issue. Or seeming to. For instance: in the above post I even said that I couldn't understand why the guy didn't know his own bank balance. I said maybe homelessness was an issue. But I wasn't saying it was the reason. Or that it was a bad thing, or poor guy, he's homeless or anything. But it went there fast. It's interesting that homelessness as an idea has become so touchy and polarizing. (TV, I'm making discussion not arguing with youLaughing) Is homelessness becoming a taboo or too controversial a topic in todays world?

Home is where the heart is.
(12-18-2013, 08:45 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm going to hijack my own thread and go off topic here. Based on the above 3 posts. It occurs to me that the term "homelessness" has become such a hot button topic. You can't even say it without polarizing the issue. Or seeming to. For instance: in the above post I even said that I couldn't understand why the guy didn't know his own bank balance. I said maybe homelessness was an issue. But I wasn't saying it was the reason. Or that it was a bad thing, or poor guy, he's homeless or anything. But it went there fast. It's interesting that homelessness as an idea has become so touchy and polarizing. (TV, I'm making discussion not arguing with youLaughing) Is homelessness becoming a taboo or too controversial a topic in todays world?

Home is where the heart is.

Forgive me, VS, but that isn't really the question.Smiling
(12-18-2013, 07:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Not at all, TV. I make no judgments or assumptions about his homelessness. That's why I said I was iffy about posting it. But some people might want to support him. Who knows. I already said I wouldn't pay for the pics. I will post them though.

Oh sorry I didn't even mean to imply you. My bad for saying "You" say it as if it's a problem" referring to homeless.

As far as this guy being referred to as "homeless" I don't even know where that was said first. But IMO it's not a good description of this guy.
I was thinking that people buy those pictures out of pity for the guy more than because they are great shots or works or art.
I probably shouldn't have said anythingSmiling
(12-18-2013, 08:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 07:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Oh sorry I didn't even mean to imply you. My bad for saying "You" say it as if it's a problem" referring to homeless.

As far as this guy being referred to as "homeless" I don't even know where that was said first. But IMO it's not a good description of this guy.
I was thinking that people buy those pictures out of pity for the guy more than because they are great shots or works or art.
I probably shouldn't have said anythingSmiling

Well, yeah. And VS is right. Home is where the heart is. He chooses to live in his truck.
Quote: Tia Is homelessness becoming a taboo or too controversial a topic in todays world?

Not for me. I think the TERM homeless has become a one size fits all word for the mentally ill, drunks or drug users and people who just fell on hard times.