duck dynasty disaster
Posted by a friend on Facebook:

Quote:I find it funny (not the "ha ha" kind) how many hairs the Duck Dynasty debacle has raised. It's not a freedom of speech issue, it's a "your employer and sponsors don't like what you said" issue. There are MANY opinions I can't share at work or I probably wouldn't have a job. When you represent a brand or employer, you have to think about when and what you say. 1st world problems..... Smiling
(12-20-2013, 01:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Posted by a friend on Facebook:

Quote:I find it funny (not the "ha ha" kind) how many hairs the Duck Dynasty debacle has raised. It's not a freedom of speech issue, it's a "your employer and sponsors don't like what you said" issue. There are MANY opinions I can't share at work or I probably wouldn't have a job. When you represent a brand or employer, you have to think about when and what you say. 1st world problems..... Smiling

Another view:

Quote:Dear A&E,

Thank you for bringing us a show that was family friendly and fun to watch. I greatly appreciated the fact that my Christian family could watch a Christian family on TV as opposed to much of the garbage that is reality TV. Unfortunately, you have done a disservice to Phil Robertson as well as the Christian AND non-Christian fans of Duck Dynasty.

Freedom of speech means that we are all free to speak what we believe. The Supreme Court does restrict some speech. In fact they specifically address such speech that may cause panic or physical injury. The example they give is that someone cannot scream “fire” in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire.

Why, because it would cause a panic and people would get hurt. Did Phil Robertson’s speech meet this criteria set forth by the Supreme Court? No, it did not. The only people who panicked were the A&E executives that decided to pull Phil from the show.

Phil Robertson spoke what he knew to be true according to the Bible. Does that ruffle some peoples feathers because it goes against what they want to do? Yes it does.

The members of GLAAD are free to speak out against Christianity and those that believe in the Bible. How is that speech any different than Phil’s?

Under the U.S. Constitution they both have a right to express their thoughts and opinions. So why is Phil being punished for expressing his opinions? Why are you punishing Phil Robertson for being a Christian? This was not an incident of homophobia or hate speech.

Homosexuality is clearly defined as a sin in the Bible just as other sins are listed. Stating it as a sin does not make someone anti-gay. Phil even stated, “we should love God and each other.”

If GLAAD and the LGBT community expect everyone to be tolerant of their views, opinions, and lifestyle choices, they too must be tolerant of Bible believing Christians, their views, opinions, and lifestyle choices. For A&E to succumb to the pressures of “political correctness” speaks volumes about your true concerns.

However, I would remind you that tolerance is a two-way street.

At this point what is needed is a clarification about your programming and your ant-Christian stance. If you are truly an anti-Christian station, which the move to pull Phil from the show based on his Christian beliefs reveals you to be, please be up front about it. You will most likely lose viewers based on this incident.

However, do not for a minute believe that you are losing viewers because of Phil’s comments. You will lose viewers due to your reaction to his comments.

Therefore, without clarification from A&E that you support Christians and Christian beliefs as much as you support GLAAD and the LGBT community, then “As for Me and My House We Will No Longer Support or Watch A&E.”

Respectfully,

Steven D. Ruffatto

(A Christian consumer)
And posted on Facebook by another friend...

Quote:Honestly I cant give a fuck anymore.. where was all this FUCKING UPROAR when Paula Deen was fired from her network?? and his fucking freedom of speech wasn't fucking violated.. A&E is a COMPANY, not the FUCKING Government!.. It's an HR issue, not an issue of his fucking rights.. Get the fuck over it America..
(12-20-2013, 07:54 AM)GPnative Wrote: meanwhile, back at Duck Dynasty......
I have never watched the show, frankly all the massive amounts of merchandise that has flooded the market has made me dislike the show without even watching it. The "stars" of DD will come through this just fine, they have millions of loyal followers and are a network money making dynasty just a matter of time until this blows over, just ask Paula Dean, Oh wait, bad example....Ask Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Well said.

It doesn't surprise me that so many people are defending this ignoramus and calling for a boycott of A&E until the show is reinstated (that didn't work for Keith Olbermann on MSNBC). Ignorance in the USA is celebrated. Education and intelligence are regarded with suspicion at best and with malice at worst. It is a sad commentary on our society that we want to vindicate this pond-scum with calls for 'free speech'. We are becoming quite pathetic and more divergent as time goes by. We'll wind up a banana republic in a few decades, if not sooner.

Yeeeee-HAH! Dry
[Image: r7ke44.jpg]
Damnit! I need a warning before seeing a picture of Palin, it always makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Youuuu betcha it does.
(12-20-2013, 03:04 PM)GPnative Wrote: Damnit! I need a warning before seeing a picture of Palin, it always makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Youuuu betcha it does.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
It is not about freedom of speech. That's for people that don't understand the Constitution. I have news for the righties, a lib opened it up, remember the 7 dirty words? Janet Jackson's boob? On broadcast TV you can get fired and fined saying the wrong words.
Christians should not endorse Phil. Christianity should be shed in a positive light as it can do good things. A Pope that washes the feet of the poor and talks about Jesus and the money changers is attacked.
Exodus 21:17
"Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.
Exodus 21:15
“He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.
Phil do you believe this?
Exodus 35:2
Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Does Phil and his Christians counterparts selectively choose? What parts do we believe and what parts do we not?
What are the rules for selling your daughters into slavery and yes they are in the Bible.
(12-20-2013, 04:35 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: It is not about freedom of speech. That's for people that don't understand the Constitution. I have news for the righties, a lib opened it up, remember the 7 dirty words? Janet Jackson's boob? On broadcast TV you can get fired and fined saying the wrong words.
Christians should not endorse Phil. Christianity should be shed in a positive light as it can do good things. A Pope that washes the feet of the poor and talks about Jesus and the money changers is attacked.
Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Does Phil and his Christians counterparts selectively choose? What parts do we believe and what parts do we not?
What are the rules for selling your daughters into slavery and yes they are in the Bible.

I guess you have to refresh yourself with the facts.

A. His comments were made during an interview with GQ not on live TV so he isn't subject to FCC fines
B. He is entitled to his beliefs and opinion, just as you and I, right or wrong
C. Each interprets the Bible as they were versed
D. How many times has an interview been quoted verbatim or got it wrong? Not always a defense, but has happen.

A&E is owned by Hearst and Disney/ABC Corps, so I'm sure they have their reasons as well and choices.
[Image: 1526210_682470641783402_526624519_n.jpg]
(12-20-2013, 05:28 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:35 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: It is not about freedom of speech. That's for people that don't understand the Constitution. I have news for the righties, a lib opened it up, remember the 7 dirty words? Janet Jackson's boob? On broadcast TV you can get fired and fined saying the wrong words.

I guess you have to refresh yourself with the facts.

A. His comments were made during an interview with GQ not on live TV so he isn't subject to FCC fines
B. He is entitled to his beliefs and opinion, just as you and I, right or wrong
C. Each interprets the Bible as they were versed
D. How many times has an interview been quoted verbatim or got it wrong? Not always a defense, but has happen.

A&E is owned by Hearst and Disney/ABC Corps, so I'm sure they have their reasons as well and choices.
The plane has left and were not on it. It was not about free speech.
A..TV personalities have as much right to free speech on screen as off. No?? Therefore free speech isn't an issue. Why should anyone be fined for what they say in the free speech world that doesn't exist....In fact if you understand the constitution the gov't should not be able to fine you or limited your free speech at all..That is what it's about, for those strict constitutionalists.

B.. He is entitled to his opinions, never said otherwise.

C.. yes he does, I asked if he does selectively (believe it), and it appears he does, I asked why he doesn't take a positive approach and it would serve the religion better. I provided quotes from other versus the illustrate that NO RATIONAL person would support. The Gay question is quickly getting to be one of those positions that will have little support such as putting a child to death for cursing a parent (or striking one). He chose his path and he owns it. Could you interpret Exodus 35:2 or the other examples any way other than written? If one could, can an argument be made the Bible is meaningless? (now I've done it) Do Christian's think people that work on Sunday should be put to death or they too busy shopping? Translation, Christianity could use a positive light, the basis for suggesting a better example.

D..The interview is available on line, the entire text.

Phil has a contract, he has not at this point sued A&E.
I own a business. If an employee alienates my customers or costs me customers because of what they say on or off work, I will fire them. Would you have it otherwise?
I'm surprised you had no idea what I was saying. It required a little thinking outside the box. I'll try to be clearer next time. I do apologize.

Check out Fox Sports vs Craig James.
[Image: 1514628_191949537662273_669672836_n.jpg]
(12-20-2013, 09:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 1514628_191949537662273_669672836_n.jpg]

No. I have never watched it. I thought Takei's pun reply was fairly funny though. I know, Wonky, puns are the lowest form of humor, yada yada.
An interesting read. I really didn't know that there are many theologians that agree that homosexuality is not condemned by the bible and a term not used in the bible.
Rev Clay Witt, 1995
http://www.hrmcc.org/Resources/StudyDocu...bleand.htm

Conclusion,
Spong concludes his chapter on this subject in this way:

That is all that Scripture has to say about homosexuality. Even if one is a biblical literalist, the biblical references do not build an ironclad case for condemnation. If one is not a biblical literalist there is no case at all, nothing but the ever-present prejudice born out of a pervasive ignorance that attacks people whose only crime is to be born with an unchangeable sexual predisposition toward those of their own sex.
Snip

I would add a loud "Amen!" I would also add that to get bogged down in a few isolated texts risks not being able to see the forest for the trees. Too many occupy themselves with "proof-texting" and never see the Bible as a whole. There are overarching biblical principles of God’s love and grace and the goodness of God’s creation that are good news for lesbians and gays, just as they are for the rest of God’s children. I would argue that the kingdom is advanced by spreading this good news, not by usurping God’s role of judge and alienating God’s people from their savior.

That was my point, made 19 years ago. Positive..!
(12-20-2013, 03:04 PM)GPnative Wrote: Damnit! I need a warning before seeing a picture of Palin, it always makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Youuuu betcha it does.

And coming in late in the year.... THE POST OF THE YEAR!!! YTD!
Thumbs Up
(12-20-2013, 10:25 AM)csrowan Wrote: [Image: 1468599_191884294335464_416467509_n.png]

[Image: 1522171_747381821957076_2035702341_n.jpg]

He resigned!!
Here I posted a copy for you as you seem to be to dimwitted to post the truth!! cheers.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search Martin Bashir

Bashir at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan on May 5, 2007
Born (1963-01-19) 19 January 1963 (age 50)
Wandsworth, England,
United Kingdom
Occupation Political commentator
Journalist
News anchor
musician
Years active 1986–present
Spouse(s) Deborah Bashir
Martin Bashir
Menu0:00.An audio recording of the page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems playing this file? See media help.

Martin Bashir (born 19 January 1963) is a British journalist, who was a political commentator for MSNBC, hosting Martin Bashir,[1] and a correspondent for NBC's Dateline NBC. He was previously an anchor for ABC's Nightline after initially gaining prominence on British television with his BBC interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, and then his series of interviews with pop musician Michael Jackson on ITV. On December 4, 2013, Bashir resigned from his position at MSNBC after he made "ill-judged comments"[2] about the former
And Phil Robertson was suspended, not fired. That part of what I posted was wrong, too.

I didn't make the meme, I just posted it. However, the point it makes is still completely valid. Conservatives had a cow, and called for Bashir to be fired or otherwise punished for his remarks. Now, Phil was punished for remarks he made, and Conservatives are having a cow. That's the point. I've spelled it out, since you seem to be too dimwitted to get it on your own.
IMO this is nothing but a well timed ploy.

Rednecks buy merch. to support Phil. Watch the show so we can charge our advertisers more drive up the ratings.

When stupid shit like this is going on it makes me wonder . Where is the puppet master ?
(12-21-2013, 06:39 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: IMO this is nothing but a well timed ploy.

Rednecks buy merch. to support Phil. Watch the show so we can charge our advertisers more drive up the ratings.

When stupid shit like this is going on it makes me wonder . Where is the puppet master ?

Or who is the puppet master?

Much ado about?

Interesting thing.. The two people who told me I should watch the show because it was funny are both gay and think the controversy is no big deal.

I haven't had time to watch the show except notice ads...