duck dynasty disaster
(12-21-2013, 07:17 AM)Prospector Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 06:39 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: IMO this is nothing but a well timed ploy.

Rednecks buy merch. to support Phil. Watch the show so we can charge our advertisers more drive up the ratings.

When stupid shit like this is going on it makes me wonder . Where is the puppet master ?

Or who is the puppet master?

Much ado about?

Interesting thing.. The two people who told me I should watch the show because it was funny are both gay and think the controversy is no big deal.

I haven't had time to watch the show except notice ads...

I' ve never watched it and don't plan to.

I don't plan my life around any TV show. Yes, I have some I watch. The world won't end if they get cancelled or the entire cast gets fired.

Why the controversy ? Who is the puppet master ?
Everybody can name a reality TV star, and not a member of the current administrations cabinet .
Just seems like modern games to me.
[Image: 1477495_10152067506249481_2046886375_n.png?dl=1]
(12-21-2013, 05:00 AM)csrowan Wrote: And Phil Robertson was suspended, not fired. That part of what I posted was wrong, too.

I didn't make the meme, I just posted it. However, the point it makes is still completely valid. Conservatives had a cow, and called for Bashir to be fired or otherwise punished for his remarks. Now, Phil was punished for remarks he made, and Conservatives are having a cow. That's the point. I've spelled it out, since you seem to be too dimwitted to get it on your own.

Difference being Phil didn't wish harm on or to anyone. Bashir wanted to shit in palins mouth.
I want to shit in Palins mouth too. Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Image: palin1jhgjhgjgjhgjgjg.jpg]

(I don't see how this could be harmful to her though, as she has shit coming from her mouth rather routinely without any help at all).
[Image: safe_image.php?d=AQD663j8jjhzWmx4&w=398&...618&sh=323]
(12-21-2013, 10:08 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I want to shit in Palins mouth too. Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Image: palin1jhgjhgjgjhgjgjg.jpg]

(I don't see how this could be harmful to her though, as she has shit coming from her mouth rather routinely without any help at all).

Maybe you libshits would be happier if he said we should treat homosexuals like Iran does.
Maybe you Christian shits would be happier if we started actually treating you the way a literal reading of your beloved Bible says to, too.

I'm pretty sure you and Scar, at least, would be gettin' stoned to death just about now.
(12-21-2013, 09:28 AM)Scar Wrote: [Image: 1477495_10152067506249481_2046886375_n.png?dl=1]

I have never seen this show, but I'm pretty sure it's popular for the same reasons Toddlers and Tiaras and Jersey Shores is popular.
(12-21-2013, 10:34 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Maybe you Christian shits would be happier if we started actually treating you the way a literal reading of your beloved Bible says to, too.

I'm pretty sure you and Scar, at least, would be gettin' stoned to death just about now.

They would have been stoned to death LONG ago.
(12-21-2013, 10:39 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 09:28 AM)Scar Wrote: [Image: 1477495_10152067506249481_2046886375_n.png?dl=1]

I have never seen this show, but I'm pretty sure it's popular for the same reasons Toddlers and Tiaras and Jersey Shores is popular.

And... remember... they're all just scripted!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The incidence of gay individuals in the USA varies on whose studies you look at, 4% (I picked a higher percentage).
Percent of the USA that is Christian (again numbers vary), 75% (I picked a lower percentage).

So, which is going to hurt more...pissing off the Christians or the LGBT?
Economically, it would seem that upsetting even a small portion of the Christians far outweighs upsetting the full number of LGBT persons.

Not that I really care either way...I'm a Christian, and as long as I (nor my family) has to watch people having gay s.e.x. (or straight sex for that matter), let them be who they are. Not for me to judge or even contemplate what happens to them when they pass from this world.

I find suspending this man for beliefs that the employer knew full well about, and let them use some of in their show, ridiculous. Part of the reason the show is so successful is because of the depiction of the family's Christian-based life.

That said, never watched it, probably never will.
(12-21-2013, 10:34 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Maybe you Christian shits would be happier if we started actually treating you the way a literal reading of your beloved Bible says to, too.

You are broad-brushing again...not all Christians are shits. Razz

I was stoned last night.
I never watched it, and probably never will, but from the pictures I figured they were a family of old outlaw hippies. I was shocked to hear this hard core religion come out of their mouths in the news, based on appearances.

It hadn't made sense that hippies would make bird calls that would lure birds in to their deaths, either, so I'm glad this wraps up all those loose ends for me. Smiling

Just out of curiosity. Why would Scar be stoned.
Until this last alleged "marriage" (that he says is religious in nature only, and not registered with state authorities), Scar claimed to have an illustrious path churning through innumerable women, and these weren't just platonic relationships, he said he was getting a "lot of sex", if I recall right. I'm not certain but I suspect the Bible calls for that kind of sexual promiscuity to merit stoning.
(12-21-2013, 11:00 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

In Iran, he would be stoned for being a non-Muslim.
Let stone Scar,
I'll throw the first stone.

[Image: Throw-The-Rock-Mitch-Manning-e1348166700291.png]
(12-21-2013, 11:06 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 11:00 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

In Iran, he would be stoned for being a non-Muslim.

?