Interesting Sheriff's log report for Friday
(12-21-2013, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 10:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote: The state could have required Crow to undergo psychological counseling, but that was not part of her sentence.

http://www.kdrv.com/kandi-crow-sentenced/

Why should the state ( US) pay one dime to council this woman? She is not allowed have any contact with or own any animals.
I could care less if she ever gets her twisted mind right and I doubt counseling would make any difference anyway.

Without counseling, she might move on to torturing plants.
Plant abuse, goes on far more than reported.
(12-21-2013, 03:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 10:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote: The state could have required Crow to undergo psychological counseling, but that was not part of her sentence.

Why should the state ( US) pay one dime to council this woman? She is not allowed have any contact with or own any animals.
I could care less if she ever gets her twisted mind right and I doubt counseling would make any difference anyway.

So my lawn mower doesn't really need fixed, it's just having a guilt trip?
(12-21-2013, 06:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Be one with nature and quit mowing your lawn

Brought to you by P.E.T.P.
(12-21-2013, 06:30 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 06:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Be one with nature and quit mowing your lawn

Brought to you by P.E.T.P.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants?
Funny... the Daily Courier report doesn't mention that is was Kandi Crow.

Quote:A dead chicken and a dead
goat were found on property in
the 1700 block of White School
House Road. Animal Protection
was called. An investigation is
ongoing.
Also... I had no idea she had an issue with the law previously.

Quote:The homeowner of that farm isn’t unfamiliar to law enforcement. Kandy Crow has charges of animal abuse and neglect dating back to 2006
http://www.kdrv.com/animal-rescue-invest...continues/

Quote:According to The Daily Courier, court documents show that the Animal Protection Department has known there were issues on the ranch for years beginning in 2006 when they received the first complaint. Since then they have received a total of 20 complaints about the ranch. In 2009 Crow was even sentenced to 10 days in jail after being convicted of first-degree animal abuse, and yet she still had over 150 animals on her property at the time this recent warrant was issued.
http://dogtrekker.com/story/Animals-Rescued-in-Oregon

Quote:The woman accused of hoarding more than 200 animals at her home in Cave Junction is no stranger to the law.

Kandi Crow was convicted of animal abuse and neglect misdemeanor charges in 2009. Court records show she was sentenced to 10 days behind bars and had to pay more than 700 dollars in fines.
http://ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/...2797.shtml

It appears that the Jo Co authorities and Judicial system failed those animals miserably.
Old news......
(12-22-2013, 09:55 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Funny... the Daily Courier report doesn't mention that is was Kandi Crow.

Quote:A dead chicken and a dead
goat were found on property in
the 1700 block of White School
House Road. Animal Protection
was called. An investigation is
ongoing.

Yeah, they redacted her name after getting some complaints. The OP#1 was from Courier's 21st December Police Report

Guess they were reminded that Crow moved or let the investigator's do their jobs?

A witch hunt wasn't needed or rehashing old news......
Kandi Crow makes the Daily Courier's Front Page news...

Quote:Convicted animal abuser under investigation again
Two weeks after she completed
a home detention program
imposed by a judge, convicted
animal abuser Kandi L.
Crow is under investigation in
another case of possible animal
neglect.
The latest case, involving
reports of a dead goat and
chicken in the 1700 block of
White Schoolhouse Road, near
Cave Junction, has been
referred to the Josephine County
District Attorney’s Office,
according to Sheriff Gil Gilbertson.
“Waiting for a decision,” the
sheriff said this morning.
Crow, 63, of 1770 White
Schoolhouse Road, is on probation
following her conviction last
month in a high-profile case of
animal hoarding and abuse. As
a condition of probation, she is
court-ordered to not handle animals.
http://web.thedailycourier.com/eedition/
Odd coincidence....let's see what the investigations reveals. There were many that wanted more retribution from the court than was given.
(12-26-2013, 01:18 PM)Prospector Wrote: Odd coincidence....let's see what the investigations reveals. There were many that wanted more retribution from the court than was given.

Duh. Ya think? She was given a slap on the wrist, for pete's sake! Rolling Eyes
(12-26-2013, 01:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 01:18 PM)Prospector Wrote: Odd coincidence....let's see what the investigations reveals. There were many that wanted more retribution from the court than was given.

So you are invoking vilgilante justice? Odd for someone who berates the community patrols.

Your beef should be with the judge or DA office.
(12-26-2013, 03:14 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 01:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

So you are invoking vilgilante justice? Odd for someone who berates the community patrols.

Your beef should be with the judge or DA office.

Vigilante justice? Rolling Eyes Good gawd. Blink That's friggin' hilarious! Laughing Laughing

If you read the threads regarding this case you would see that I have said that those in charge... the Judge specifically... is a waste of human flesh. I'm pretty sure that covers it.
Please feel free to call Judge Hull's Office and share your feelings.
Smiling
It would seem quite stupid, on the face of things, for this woman to dump dead animals just outside her own property. For one thing, even if they died on her watch, most people would bury them. Or, I just was telling how to compost them, too. If I wanted to get this woman in trouble, all I would have to do is dump some dead animals outside her house. I'm not sure this is so cut and dried as it looks like.
She is a sick psycho! I don't think she has any control over her own actions. Which is why she should be getting help or sitting in jail... where she can't hurt another animal.
(12-26-2013, 07:12 PM)Scrapper Wrote: She is a sick psycho! I don't think she has any control over her own actions. Which is why she should be getting help or sitting in jail... where she can't hurt another animal.

She probably shouldn't have plants too.
(12-26-2013, 06:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It would seem quite stupid, on the face of things, for this woman to dump dead animals just outside her own property. For one thing, even if they died on her watch, most people would bury them. Or, I just was telling how to compost them, too. If I wanted to get this woman in trouble, all I would have to do is dump some dead animals outside her house. I'm not sure this is so cut and dried as it looks like.

PT, From what I know of the original situation there were a couple of dozen -/+ of animal carcasses scattered about the property during the original seizure. No they don't bother to bury their dead. This is the mo of this crowd.

At least one of the mini horse carcasses still had a halter on it.
There was a couple near me with a decades long history of underfeeding livestock, and they died together in a very grisly farming accident. I wonder if something like that is in store for this woman, too.

Is psychiatric care a condition of her current probation?
(12-27-2013, 07:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: There was a couple near me with a decades long history of underfeeding livestock, and they died together in a very grisly farming accident. I wonder if something like that is in store for this woman, too.

Is psychiatric care a condition of her current probation?

It could have been... but the Judge decided against it.
Being her 2nd offense (that we know of) more should have been done.