New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
TM started the last one because, as she said: "This was one of my fave topics on the MTF."

And... as GPnative said: "The thread is closed, BFD....start another one, life goes on."

So... here we go! Thumbs Up
Having coffee and looking through old photos. Our oldest daughter turned 37 today. Happy birthday, sweet thing! Smiling I put together a collage for her. Such wonderful memories!

[Image: yfbe.png]
(01-03-2014, 10:05 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I put together a collage

It looks to me like you have a collage education.
(01-03-2014, 10:27 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

Laughing

They don't call me "Scrapper" for nothin'! Wink
See, problem solved Big Grin
That was easy!
(01-03-2014, 10:27 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

This is one of my favorite collage.
[Image: chucksID.png]

They get upset when I print them at Walmart.
I seem to often notice little glimpses of your curly hair, Mr. White... Curly hair rocks! Thumbs Up
Mani-Pedi... done.
Appt with the Oral Surgeon ( AGAIN! Dry )... on my way.

I'm thinking there may be a Happy Hour in my near future. Eyebrows Razz
Nice day. So, I decided to do a little geocaching. Geocaching and I are a bit of a joke as I don't have a gps tracker. So, it actually takes skill to find them. I ran into a coupld of elderly cachers while I was out. They were able to just walk up to it basically and grab it. I, on the other hand am really trying to sleuth out the caches. I explained this to them. They looked at me like I was nuts. "Why don't you just get a gps?" looking at me bemused, and not at all appreciating my super Spidey skills.Dry 5 out of 11. Not bad for just blindly trying to needles in haystacks.
I guess I need to Google it... I have no clue what this geocaching is all about.
Oh... and I'm done with the Oral Surgeon (Until next Wednesday. Ugh.)... and I'm presently bellied up with my guy having a really good adult beverage. And by good, I mean strong. Smiling Let the weekend begin!
Off to the dollar store.
(01-03-2014, 05:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Nice day. So, I decided to do a little geocaching. Geocaching and I are a bit of a joke as I don't have a gps tracker. So, it actually takes skill to find them. I ran into a coupld of elderly cachers while I was out. They were able to just walk up to it basically and grab it. I, on the other hand am really trying to sleuth out the caches. I explained this to them. They looked at me like I was nuts. "Why don't you just get a gps?" looking at me bemused, and not at all appreciating my super Spidey skills.Dry 5 out of 11. Not bad for just blindly trying to needles in haystacks.

I found a little jar with some odd stuff in it last year.It was partly hidden but I spied it anyway.I didn't know what the hell Geocaching was but I'm pretty sure I screwed it up for someoneRazz
(01-03-2014, 05:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Nice day. So, I decided to do a little geocaching. Geocaching and I are a bit of a joke as I don't have a gps tracker. So, it actually takes skill to find them. I ran into a coupld of elderly cachers while I was out. They were able to just walk up to it basically and grab it. I, on the other hand am really trying to sleuth out the caches. I explained this to them. They looked at me like I was nuts. "Why don't you just get a gps?" looking at me bemused, and not at all appreciating my super Spidey skills.Dry 5 out of 11. Not bad for just blindly trying to needles in haystacks.

How to you get clue of where to look without a GPS?
(01-03-2014, 06:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: Off to the dollar store.
get some Duke's mayo-

http://www.southernfoodways.org/the-stor...ayonnaise/
(01-03-2014, 06:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

How to you get clue of where to look without a GPS?

put the coordinates into a google search. Or google earth. It gives you an idea. It only really works for urban caching, because you can landmark a general location. I can't go into the woods, or even an open field (without a landmark) because I have no clue. So, I put in the coordinate,https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl...CAoQ_AUoAg paste it and zoom in and follow the hints. It's actually pretty challenging. I'd say my success rate is about 40%. I can take the dog and get out in the sun. It can be pretty maddening.
(01-03-2014, 06:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I found a little jar with some odd stuff in it last year.It was partly hidden but I spied it anyway.I didn't know what the hell Geocaching was but I'm pretty sure I screwed it up for someoneRazz

Probably. You should have put it back, silly. Did it have a log? A paper to sign?
(01-03-2014, 05:52 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I guess I need to Google it... I have no clue what this geocaching is all about.

Geocaching is fun. It's a world wide treasure hunt. The folks I ran into today were retirees and very into it. If you have the gps, or a decent phone that will get it, you can go out and get to the cool ones that have "swag" which can range from junk to treasure. But mostly it's about having fun. It's a fun thing to do while cycling or walking, camping, hiking. They are everywhere. Kids LOVE it and are usually better at it than adults. Lots of people do it as a family. You can be as involved and serious or as casual as you want. I have a crappy penny phone, so it really doesn't support it too well.
Our family geocaches, we love it....it is a great hobby and has taken us to some very cool places. We are closing in on 900 finds and counting.
Having a premium membership is worth every penny as it allows for full paperless caching and you can run pocket queries, routes, etc all of which helps you get the most out of the hobby.