New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
(06-09-2018, 10:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: Desk: 1

Middle age woman with very bad knees: 0
I wish I was there... the two of us could get that damn desk out of there.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-10-2018, 07:39 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Well, if you're that confident, I wish you were also.

Part of the problem seems to be a physical issue.   The door the desk is in opens INTO the room.  Trying to get the desk into the door opening while wiggling around the  edge of the open door is the issue.  An issue that wouldn't have occurred when it was brought in.
(06-10-2018, 08:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Part of the problem seems to be a physical issue.   The door the desk is in opens INTO the room.  Trying to get the desk into the door opening while wiggling around the  edge of the open door is the issue.  An issue that wouldn't have occurred when it was brought in.
Remove the hinge pins and take the door off. That should give you 1 1/2 to 2 more inches of clearance.
(06-10-2018, 08:39 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 08:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Remove the hinge pins and take the door off. That should give you 1 1/2 to 2 more inches of clearance.

That seems obvious. Not something I can manage.
Lots of faith in my abilities here. I can't even change a car tire.
Is the window any bigger then the door?
(06-10-2018, 09:00 AM)chuck white Wrote: Is the window any bigger then the door?
No.

But that would be funny. I can  hardly move the desk because it's so heavy.  I'm sure I would do better getting it up off the floor into a window.
I think for the moment the desk has won the battle. It will have to wait for another day when I can find reinforcements and have a real place to put it when I do get it out.
(06-10-2018, 08:58 AM)Juniper Wrote: Lots of faith in my abilities here. I can't even change a car tire.

Oh Hell... me either!  But... I have a husband who knows how to call someone to do it for me!  Wink Laughing
(06-10-2018, 09:24 AM)Juniper Wrote: I think for the moment the desk has won the battle. It will have to wait for another day when I can find reinforcements and have a real place to put it when I do get it out.

Hatchet is the tool you need.  Besides, in the age of Trump no one need paper or anything else a desk would be useful for.
(06-10-2018, 09:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 09:24 AM)Juniper Wrote: I think for the moment the desk has won the battle. It will have to wait for another day when I can find reinforcements and have a real place to put it when I do get it out.

Hatchet is the tool you need.  Besides, in the age of Trump no one need paper or anything else a desk would be useful for.

I'm at my desk right now. Embarrassed
Yes. But you can read and write. You’ve got to undo those negatives in the age of Rump.
(06-09-2018, 08:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 07:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: By my tape measure, the desk is 27 and 3/4 inches wide. The doorway has about 29 inches of clearance. I don't know how it got in here!
Did you say that backwards? According to that the desk is 1 1/4 in narrower than the the doorway.

Well of course it is! How else would have gotten in here. I just don't know how it got wiggled in  When I tried to get it through I couldn't line it up to get through..
  Laughing  You gave measurements that show it will fit through the door but you have said before it won't fit.Of course it will fit is your reply??
It sounds to me likely a couple of strong people took it in and most likely removed the door. Because you measured   frame to frame and the door makes that opening smaller.
(06-10-2018, 12:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 07:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: By my tape measure, the desk is 27 and 3/4 inches wide. The doorway has about 29 inches of clearance. I don't know how it got in here!
Did you say that backwards? According to that the desk is 1 1/4 in narrower than the the doorway.

Well of course it is! How else would have gotten in here. I just don't know how it got wiggled in  When I tried to get it through I couldn't line it up to get through..
  Laughing  You gave measurements that show it will fit through the door but you have said before it won't fit.Of course it will fit is your reply??
It sounds to me likely a couple of strong people took it in and most likely removed the door. Because you measured   frame to frame and the door makes that opening smaller.

Sorry. I was just trying to show how tight it was.  And it DOESN'T fit!  At least I couldn't do it.  The doorway is bigger than the desk, just; but the door was facing the other way than trying to get it out.. And no, it was brought in here about 10 years ago and I've been here for 26. I just wasn't here in that room when they did it. No one removed the door.
(06-10-2018, 12:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 12:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Sorry. I was just trying to show how tight it was.  And it DOESN'T fit!  At least I couldn't do it.  The doorway is bigger than the desk, just; but the door was facing the other way than trying to get it out.. And no, it was brought in here about 10 years ago and I've been here for 26. I just wasn't here in that room when they did it. No one removed the door.
I get it now. I think the door needs to be removed and then the desk will go right through.

You could remove the door probably with one person helping.Close the door and jam magazines or something in the space under it.
Then take something that will drive the pin out from the bottom side of the hinge. Something metal and of course having a smaller diameter than the pin.
Drive the bottom pin out first and then the top one. Then it just a matter of the two of you moving the door.
Well if you let the door frame get hot and chill the desk down with ice cubes. The door frame will expand and the desk will shrink.
[Image: IMG_1791.jpg]

Must be magic
I'm sitting in my shop it's dead quiet Pitch Black my Power's Out pretty sure someone hit a power pole I heard a fire truck I'm posting on a tablet so it's going to be run-on sentences for now no TV no lights it sucks guess I'll watch YouTube stuff