New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
(05-28-2018, 07:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 01:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: I live in town.  We happen to drink lots of soda,  sparkling water and beer so we put in about 4 bags a month, but I can see it not being worth it if you don't live close to town.  There's only one redemption center for the entire County. I consider that pretty inconvenient for rural folk. Especially since there is a two bag a day limit. If I was not going to return them I'd find someone who wants them I guess.

It isn’t by county. The Medford zone was created with help from the participants. Phoenix to Ashland grocery stores still have machines, ShopN Kart just installed a whole new area  with brand new machines.
I don’t know what the situation is with Jacksonville and Central Point as I never go to either, and especially their grocery stores.

Actually it is by County.  Jackson County has only one Bottle Drop Recycling center.  All the rest are just the usual drop off's we had before.  Unless these new areas also have the bag drop off?

Anyway, my question is:  Why does a plastic bottle of water have a deposit but a can of unflavored carbonated water (sparkling water) does not?
(05-28-2018, 11:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 06:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 02:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 01:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I got the impression somehow, that in some areas of Portland you can put your tagged bag on the street and they will pick it up.  I'm not sure if that is true, but that's what I thought I read.

You can do that here and I'm sure they will be picked up. But not by the bottle redemption center Razz

Yeah, but not with the tag, or the tag would be ripped off of it.  I was just saying, it would kind of help alleviate the issue of having only one drop center and making the system easier to use for all.
I was joking because someone would steal the bags. Which is most likely a real reason it wouldn't work. Plus paying someone a salary to pick up bags plus fuel and a truck.

I got it.  I wasnt sure that's what I was seeing in this FAQ page or not.  It looked like it.
I know there’s only one currently but you are saying by law there can only be that one?
How did just the Medford stores get rid of their  machines? Wouldn’t all stores?
(05-28-2018, 12:54 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I know there’s only one currently but you are saying by law there can only be that one?
How did just the Medford stores get rid of their  machines? Wouldn’t all stores?

I never said that. I think the area needs more than one.
(05-28-2018, 12:54 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I know there’s only one currently but you are saying by law there can only be that one?

Who said "by law there can only be that one"?

Medford stores like any stores are required by law to accept a certain amount of cans. Except the stores who got rid of the machines must be inside the zone like I described. And they are not required to take any cans at all.

But all stores outside of the zones MUST by law accept a certain amount of cans.
(05-28-2018, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 01:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: I live in town.  We happen to drink lots of soda,  sparkling water and beer so we put in about 4 bags a month, but I can see it not being worth it if you don't live close to town.  There's only one redemption center for the entire County. I consider that pretty inconvenient for rural folk. Especially since there is a two bag a day limit. If I was not going to return them I'd find someone who wants them I guess.

It isn’t by county. The Medford zone was created with help from the participants. Phoenix to Ashland grocery stores still have machines, ShopN Kart just installed a whole new area  with brand new machines.
I don’t know what the situation is with Jacksonville and Central Point as I never go to either, and especially their grocery stores.

I found a single lonely bottle counting machine at a Medford Abertsons. Otherwise I would have left them in the parking lot.

I've often wondered why some group like boy/girl scouts or something doesn't collect bottles for a fund raiser. Maybe advertise a weekend from time to time to collect them or have collection locations set up in parking lots around town. I think it would generate some usable cash for them.

Every Saturday from 10:00 to ?? across the street from Eagle Point Wal Mart there is a van that takes them.  It says it is for Boys and Girls Club or something similar.
(05-28-2018, 04:30 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I found a single lonely bottle counting machine at a Medford Abertsons. Otherwise I would have left them in the parking lot.

I've often wondered why some group like boy/girl scouts or something doesn't collect bottles for a fund raiser. Maybe advertise a weekend from time to time to collect them or have collection locations set up in parking lots around town. I think it would generate some usable cash for them.

Every Saturday from 10:00 to ?? across the street from Eagle Point Wal Mart there is a van that takes them.  It says it is for Boys and Girls Club or something similar.
Well giving them away is hardly a problem LOL. Not that your comment is not meaningful to some.Smiling
(05-28-2018, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I've often wondered why some group like boy/girl scouts or something doesn't collect bottles for a fund raiser. Maybe advertise a weekend from time to time to collect them or have collection locations set up in parking lots around town. I think it would generate some usable cash for them.
Wow you definitely don't do Facebook or Craigslist very often are at all. Smiling
There has been a guy begging for cans for his kids baseball team on CL for EVER. And like BBQ said tons of others begging on CL for cans.
But Facebook  always has fundraisers like you described wanting cans.Or just people down on their luck.
(05-28-2018, 04:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I've often wondered why some group like boy/girl scouts or something doesn't collect bottles for a fund raiser. Maybe advertise a weekend from time to time to collect them or have collection locations set up in parking lots around town. I think it would generate some usable cash for them.
Wow you definitely don't do Facebook or Craigslist very often are at all. Smiling
There has been a guy begging for cans for his kids baseball team on CL for EVER. And like BBQ said tons of others begging on CL for cans.
But Facebook  always has fundraisers like you described wanting cans.Or just people down on their luck.

OK, maybe that's it. I don't do FB and only use CL if I'm looking for something in particular.   Smiling
(05-28-2018, 05:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 04:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

OK, maybe that's it. I don't do FB and only use CL if I'm looking for something in particular.   Smiling

like , thumbs up Razz
(05-23-2018, 02:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My local shop wants $25. for one clone. :-( I need to check CL.

The dang thing is 3 inches tall!!!  Mad I feel I was being ripped off, but bought it anyway.  Laughing
(05-30-2018, 01:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 02:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My local shop wants $25. for one clone. :-( I need to check CL.

The dang thing is 3 inches tall!!!  Mad I feel I was being ripped off, but bought it anyway.  Laughing

Well yeah you got ripped Laughing Laughing

Two tears ago I went to a guys house with my neighbor to buy clones. They were 15 or 20 each.
I saw a little fay one maybe four in wide and three in tall. I asked "how much for that one" he said five bucks.
It was a fruity pebbles plant and in no time it caught in size up to all the other plants. And was just as big when I harvested as the others.
I got a time out from Ashland Peeps for commenting Jesus on yet another 5G thread. Smiling
(05-30-2018, 02:44 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I got a time out from Ashland Peeps for commenting Jesus on yet another 5G thread. Smiling

I only lasted a couple of day on Ashland's site. That's probably not bad for me. No time out just 86ed.

Sissy ass overly sensitive hippies always looking for some cause to whine about Razz  Actually hippies used to be something else. I should know I was one.
Now all they are is a bunch of people trying to find something wrong with EVERYTHING.

What is a 5G thread?
(05-30-2018, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 02:44 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I got a time out from Ashland Peeps for commenting Jesus on yet another 5G thread. Smiling

I only lasted a couple of day on Ashland's site. That's probably not bad for me. No time out just 86ed.

Sissy ass overly sensitive hippies always looking for some cause to whine about Razz  Actually hippies used to be something else. I should know I was one.
Now all they are is a bunch of people trying to find something wrong with EVERYTHING.

What is a 5G thread?

I think 5 thousand members?

At any rate, you are correct. Todays "hippies" aren't hippies at all.
(05-30-2018, 04:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What is a 5G thread?

5G? Cell site??
(05-30-2018, 04:46 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

What is a 5G thread?

5G? Cell site??

Oh! That makes sense.  Yes, they are losing their minds over the proposed cell tower that's supposed to go in at the university.
(05-30-2018, 04:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What is a 5G thread?

5G? Cell site??

Oh! That makes sense.  Yes, they are losing their minds over the proposed cell tower that's supposed to go in at the university.

Maybe they could ask for one like they just put up at the country club in Medford that is supposed to mimic a tree. I think it looks more like a giant freakin' green bottle brush but some people I've talked to can't spot it even if I point it out to them.   Laughing
(05-30-2018, 04:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 04:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: I only lasted a couple of day on Ashland's site. That's probably not bad for me. No time out just 86ed.

What is a 5G thread?

5G? Cell site??

Maybe they could ask for one like they just put up at the country club in Medford that is supposed to mimic a tree. I think it looks more like a giant freakin' green bottle brush but some people I've talked to can't spot it even if I point it out to them.   Laughing
Yeah, they aren't upset about the aesthetics, they are upset about health hazards. 

Yeah the tree is pretty good. I always notice now that I know it's there. I just noticed it myself one day, years ago but it's pretty good.
Yes. Sorry. There have been endless threads about the already approved tower,
this one put me over the edge. All I did was comment Jesus. Smiling
Oh well, more time to read Clarkie Clark’s insanity over in Talent. Smiling