New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
(02-14-2014, 01:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 06:28 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 12:44 AM)Tiamat Wrote: This forum reminds me of the part in the movie (The Color Purple) when Oprah Winfrey's character whomps on Squeak. All the band folds up their instruments and head home.

That's this place after the clock strikes 10.00 pm.

There is nothing worth staying up for, not TV, not to read, and not to post here. I have not seen a late night TV show in ages. The only time I see something from late night TV is when it makes the news or is on Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert.

I almost always see the sunrise or at least dawn. I like it when it's light outside. Our caveman ancestors knew when to go to bed and when to get up. That's what's wrong with people today they don't know when to go to bed. Smiling

Anyway Tia, I have not seen you post at 5:00 AM ever. What's up with that? It's lonely here in the morning too that is why I am looking forward to Ponder's return.

Maybe Tia doesn't hammer down a bunch of Home brew at beer thirty and then HAS to hit the sack early?Wink

Well, actually I go to bed late. I usually come on here to wind down.
Spending the last evening with the parentals... we all went out to dinner with son, daughter-in-law, 4 and 1 year old grandgirls. Really fun evening! Thumbs Up
(02-14-2014, 12:44 AM)Tiamat Wrote: This forum reminds me of the part in the movie (The Color Purple) when Oprah Winfrey's character whomps on Squeak. All the band folds up their instruments and head home.

There is nothing worth staying up for, not TV, not to read, and not to post here. I have not seen a late night TV show in ages. The only time I see something from late night TV is when it makes the news or is on Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert.

I almost always see the sunrise or at least dawn. I like it when it's light outside. Our caveman ancestors knew when to go to bed and when to get up. That's what's wrong with people today they don't know when to go to bed. Smiling

Anyway Tia, I have not seen you post at 5:00 AM ever. What's up with that? It's lonely here in the morning too that is why I am looking forward to Ponder's return.

Maybe Tia doesn't hammer down a bunch of Home brew at beer thirty and then HAS to hit the sack early?Wink

Home brew? I have no idea what you are referring to. I am a farmer so I keep farmer hours.
(02-15-2014, 07:15 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Home brew? I have no idea what you are referring to. I am a farmer so I keep farmer hours.

Medical farmer?
Packed... with the exception of what I need for getting ready at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow. I'm so stinking exhausted. I want a Bloody Beer with a slice of Lemon. Yeah... that sounds amazeballs! Uh huh. I am going to see what we can do about that! Big Grin

16 hours 23 minutes!
(02-15-2014, 07:15 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I knew that.Big Grin
Wondering about my car. I have a 93 Buick Regal. Last week the electric locks would not unlock. Finally got them going again by physically unlatching them, turning the car off and trying again. Then today, my electric window would not roll up today. I've been all over the place with the driver side window stuck in the down position.Uh oh. Finally, at the end of the day it decided to roll up when I tried. (about the 50th try over the day). Now I am concerned, because my daughter has a 94 Buick Regal and her lights stopped working. So she took it in and it was some kind of computer chip that needed to be replaced. But of course it's not being made anymore. The mechanics ordered one from a junk yard. They installed it and it didn't work. They called around, went on ebay, couldn't find another one. ANYWHERE. Finally, they were able to find a replacement. She hasn't had her car for a week and half because there just wasn't a replacement. Now my car is having electrical issues and who knows what the situation will be when it doesn't right itself and I need it fixed. I hate planned obsolescence. In this case it may not be planned, because computer technology changes minute by minute, but it's quite frustrating. What to do?
Disconnect your battery for an hour or so. Big Grin You can laugh all you want, but I've done this and it works on glitches sometimes. As far as I know, the worst thing that can happen is you need to reset your clock and favorite radio stations. (if they still work) Razz
(02-16-2014, 07:37 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Wondering about my car. I have a 93 Buick Regal. Last week the electric locks would not unlock. Finally got them going again by physically unlatching them, turning the car off and trying again. Then today, my electric window would not roll up today. I've been all over the place with the driver side window stuck in the down position.Uh oh. Finally, at the end of the day it decided to roll up when I tried. (about the 50th try over the day). Now I am concerned, because my daughter has a 94 Buick Regal and her lights stopped working. So she took it in and it was some kind of computer chip that needed to be replaced. But of course it's not being made anymore. The mechanics ordered one from a junk yard. They installed it and it didn't work. They called around, went on ebay, couldn't find another one. ANYWHERE. Finally, they were able to find a replacement. She hasn't had her car for a week and half because there just wasn't a replacement. Now my car is having electrical issues and who knows what the situation will be when it doesn't right itself and I need it fixed. I hate planned obsolescence. In this case it may not be planned, because computer technology changes minute by minute, but it's quite frustrating. What to do?

I don't think it's any computer issue. Unless I'm wrong the window up and down rocker switch and the door lock switch are all together in the drivers door?

It sounds more like a bad connection somewhere at that point. Has it ever rained in on that stuff? Is your battery good and strong? When you have problems make sure the engine is running when you hit the buttons and hit it.
Yes Smack that puppy and see if that helps.Big Grin
That unit is connected to the wiring with a male and female plug, the prob could be loose or dirty contacts at that point.
(02-16-2014, 07:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 07:37 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Wondering about my car. I have a 93 Buick Regal. Last week the electric locks would not unlock. Finally got them going again by physically unlatching them, turning the car off and trying again. Then today, my electric window would not roll up today. I've been all over the place with the driver side window stuck in the down position.Uh oh. Finally, at the end of the day it decided to roll up when I tried. (about the 50th try over the day). Now I am concerned, because my daughter has a 94 Buick Regal and her lights stopped working. So she took it in and it was some kind of computer chip that needed to be replaced. But of course it's not being made anymore. The mechanics ordered one from a junk yard. They installed it and it didn't work. They called around, went on ebay, couldn't find another one. ANYWHERE. Finally, they were able to find a replacement. She hasn't had her car for a week and half because there just wasn't a replacement. Now my car is having electrical issues and who knows what the situation will be when it doesn't right itself and I need it fixed. I hate planned obsolescence. In this case it may not be planned, because computer technology changes minute by minute, but it's quite frustrating. What to do?

I don't think it's any computer issue. Unless I'm wrong the window up and down rocker switch and the door lock switch are all together in the drivers door?

It sounds more like a bad connection somewhere at that point. Has it ever rained in on that stuff? Is your battery good and strong? When you have problems make sure the engine is running when you hit the buttons and hit it.
That unit is connected to the wiring with a male and female plug, the prob could be loose or dirty contacts at that point.

If you need a new switch I recommend you check this site. http://www.switchdoctor.net/ I paid $55.00 + $3.00 shipping for a switch all the parts places wanted close to $300. and Toyota wanted almost $400. for.

If you "car guys" didn't know about this place, you WILL thank me for it. Big Grin
(02-16-2014, 07:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Disconnect your battery for an hour or so. Big Grin You can laugh all you want, but I've done this and it works on glitches sometimes. As far as I know, the worst thing that can happen is you need to reset your clock and favorite radio stations. (if they still work) Razz

Sounds like... REBOOT!
(02-16-2014, 08:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 07:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Disconnect your battery for an hour or so. Big Grin You can laugh all you want, but I've done this and it works on glitches sometimes. As far as I know, the worst thing that can happen is you need to reset your clock and favorite radio stations. (if they still work) Razz

Sounds like... REBOOT!

Reboot baby..... Cool
Speaking of cars, I am driving a Versa. There is no key. I know that new cars are becoming keyless, but it takes a minute to get used to them. You just open the door, sit down and press the break pedal and push the start button. Keep the keyless ignition thingy in your pocket and drive.
(02-16-2014, 08:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

If you need a new switch I recommend you check this site. http://www.switchdoctor.net/ I paid $55.00 + $3.00 shipping for a switch all the parts places wanted close to $300. and Toyota wanted almost $400. for.

If you "car guys" didn't know about this place, you WILL thank me for it. Big Grin

Well, if MINE is not a computer issue that's a good thing. (there's a reason I post these things online. To get opinions) The day the car doors went out, it started with one. The rear drivers side. When I manually manipulated it open (it wasn't shutting) two more went out and wouldn't shut. The drivers side still worked. Then after manually moving it again, they all started to work again. On the window, nothing was working on the drivers side. All the others worked. It finally went back up this afternoon. Thanks for the battery tip, too,VS.
(02-16-2014, 09:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 08:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Well, if MINE is not a computer issue that's a good thing. (there's a reason I post these things online. To get opinions) The day the car doors went out, it started with one. The rear drivers side. When I manually manipulated it open (it wasn't shutting) two more went out and wouldn't shut. The drivers side still worked. Then after manually moving it again, they all started to work again. On the window, nothing was working on the drivers side. All the others worked. It finally went back up this afternoon. Thanks for the battery tip, too,VS.
Why are you thanking VS for telling you to unhook your battery? Did you try it, and if you did, did it work? I only thank people that tell me to do stuff that actually works. Big Grin
Headed to PDX... watch out Cabo! Big Grin
Have fun Scrapper!

I'm sitting here deciding whether I want to study today or not. Probably not since my dd is still home sick...poor thing has been sick for a week, I have a call into her doctor to try to get her in. She wants to go back to school tomorrow.
At the airport... Waiting to board!
At the Phoenix Airport.
Tonight we did the z Mexican Fiesta... all you can eat... and drink! BwaHaHaHa! Too much fun! They did fireworks after the show. Lots of fun!