New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
I am. But they monitor my various blood chemicals constantly
(03-24-2014, 09:30 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I am. But they monitor my various blood chemicals constantly

They're staying on top of things... That's a good thing!
I think I'll head over for the Trivia night at 4 daughters. I think others should too.
(03-24-2014, 05:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think I'll head over for the Trivia night at 4 daughters. I think others should too.

Sounds like fun, What's the address of your four daughters?
(03-24-2014, 05:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-24-2014, 05:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think I'll head over for the Trivia night at 4 daughters. I think others should too.

Sounds like fun, What's the address of your four daughters?

Watch for the pm.Wink
Trivia night was fun. But I did disCryingSad Needed more minds!Cool
[Image: 1958298_10203263291204295_1105716621_n.jpg]
Getting my hairs cut... and colored! More purple!
2 more days till I'm no longer a fisherman's widow. I'll miss the days of waiting at Sportsman's Warehouse or Black Bird parking lot. I'll pine for the days of listening to fishing tales 24/7. I'm sure January 1 2015 will be here in no time.Big Grin
(03-29-2014, 05:36 PM)Jeep Wrote: 2 more days till I'm no longer a fisherman's widow. I'll miss the days of waiting at Sportsman's Warehouse or Black Bird parking lot. I'll pine for the days of listening to fishing tales 24/7. I'm sure January 1 2015 will be here in no time.Big Grin

LaughingLaughing

Advance congratulations.Big GrinWink
Enjoying the wonderful weekend in the 50's before our spring blizzard hits on Monday.
The weather here is getting quite confusing.
(03-29-2014, 06:26 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Enjoying the wonderful weekend in the 50's before our spring blizzard hits on Monday.

Just like Oregon. Only colder.Wink
(03-29-2014, 08:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 06:26 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Enjoying the wonderful weekend in the 50's before our spring blizzard hits on Monday.

Just like Oregon. Only colder.Wink

Yeah, basically. I'm also in an area that doesn't usually get the "brunt" of the storms...though it's not a valley, it's kind of like being in the RV again (only colder like you said).

They are predicting anything from just rain to ice pellets to 10 inches of snow...they jut cannot tell for sure. The last storm we were supposed to get 6 inches and ended up with just a few flurries (didn't even amount to 1/4 inch). Hoping for the same this time, I'm tired of shoveling for my first year. Smiling
Right now.....right now..... Well I've had this recurring excema like rash on my leg lately. Nothing gets rid of it. I 've put on hydracortioson creme and and only get nominal relief. I remember BZ saying it has to be Gold Bond Hydro cortisone, and damned if she wasn't right! Every store I stop off at has Gold Bond products, but not the actual Gold Bond hydra Cortisone. I've been battling this thing for a month!! It's spreading along.

In the meantime I went and gathered cotton wood and alder wood buds down and the river banks and early leaves and comfrey and comfrey roots and steeped them in oil, then I removed the plants and added beeswax and lots of ground red pepper. Well, now it's all solid. I don't know if it will do a thing for my achy joints, which was the goal, but it's still nice, and I don't think it's doing myself any harm. The red peppper might work better in a tincture than in a salve. ......hmmmm. In the meantime, it's a nice body cream/salve. My knees feel pretty good.
Have you tried coconut oil on the eczema like rash?
(03-30-2014, 11:25 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Right now.....right now..... Well I've had this recurring excema like rash on my leg lately. Nothing gets rid of it. I 've put on hydracortioson creme and and only get nominal relief. I remember BZ saying it has to be Gold Bond Hydro cortisone, and damned if she wasn't right! Every store I stop off at has Gold Bond products, but not the actual Gold Bond hydra Cortisone. I've been battling this thing for a month!! It's spreading along.

In the meantime I went and gathered cotton wood and alder wood buds down and the river banks and early leaves and comfrey and comfrey roots and steeped them in oil, then I removed the plants and added beeswax and lots of ground red pepper. Well, now it's all solid. I don't know if it will do a thing for my achy joints, which was the goal, but it's still nice, and I don't think it's doing myself any harm. The red peppper might work better in a tincture than in a salve. ......hmmmm. In the meantime, it's a nice body cream/salve. My knees feel pretty good.

J. is taking Tumeric capsules daily now, and it really seems to help ward-off the flare-ups. Scrapper is right too, coconut oil might help...as well as shea butter.
I've yet to try the illustrious coconut oil. You know how it is when everyone starts raving about something, and that thing becomes the "It" thing and then that becomes an anti advertisement for it? Silly Store. I don't usually go out just to buy the gold bond or whatever. Usually I'm buying something else and pick up something else I needs. I do have a scrip that needs picking up. If I get down there and actually remember the other thing I wanted to pick up......Big GrinEmbarrassed
(03-31-2014, 07:28 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I've yet to try the illustrious coconut oil. You know how it is when everyone starts raving about something, and that thing becomes the "It" thing and then that becomes an anti advertisement for it? Silly Store. I don't usually go out just to buy the gold bond or whatever. Usually I'm buying something else and pick up something else I needs. I do have a scrip that needs picking up. If I get down there and actually remember the other thing I wanted to pick up......Big GrinEmbarrassed

My husband has a very poor memory and he uses his smart phone as a notepad. He keeps a on going list of things he needs till the next time he is in town. Maybe something like that would help youSmiling
(03-30-2014, 11:25 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Right now.....right now..... Well I've had this recurring excema like rash on my leg lately. Nothing gets rid of it. I 've put on hydracortioson creme and and only get nominal relief. I remember BZ saying it has to be Gold Bond Hydro cortisone, and damned if she wasn't right! Every store I stop off at has Gold Bond products, but not the actual Gold Bond hydra Cortisone. I've been battling this thing for a month!! It's spreading along.

As far as the a chy j oints My wife uses V oltaren gel, it's topical. It's expensive but it works.

See that plant with the three leaves, stay out of it.