New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
I'm getting re-internetified. My computer broke about three weeks ago. Luckily it was still under warrantee so the manufacturer fixed it free. I was just uncomputerated for the time it required. I'm a little surprised and somewhat disconcerted how much I missed having connectivity at will. Not sure if I like that.

Oh well, I've already forgot about it...  Smiling  so what'd I miss??? 
(06-19-2015, 05:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm getting re-internetified. My computer broke about three weeks ago. Luckily it was still under warrantee so the manufacturer fixed it free. I was just uncomputerated for the time it required. I'm a little surprised and somewhat disconcerted how much I missed having connectivity at will. Not sure if I like that.

[Image: NH_Logo-538x218.jpg]
(06-19-2015, 06:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 05:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm getting re-internetified. My computer broke about three weeks ago. Luckily it was still under warrantee so the manufacturer fixed it free. I was just uncomputerated for the time it required. I'm a little surprised and somewhat disconcerted how much I missed having connectivity at will. Not sure if I like that.

[Image: NH_Logo-538x218.jpg]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

funny, but being familiar with folks around here I'm not sure I believe you! Big Grin
I'm at my computer typing this lousy post...
(06-19-2015, 10:22 PM)Oscar Wrote: I'm at my computer typing this lousy post...

Pretty much how we all started......
We've had our telescope out this evening. This is what we were looking at:
[Image: 858aa9d9f5bbfd51f7be7d0d4a708c82.jpg]

Jupiter was super cool... We were able to clearly see 4 of Jupiter's moons.

It was pretty breezy out which made it hard to hold my cell phone still... But this is the photo I got of the Moon using my cell phone through the telescope lens:
[Image: e0cc075b0e3336f2c51204b72981a078.jpg]

Yes, it's upside down.
What, can't see Uranus?  Laughing

Edit: Yes, I'm really 12.  Embarrassed
(06-19-2015, 10:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote: What, can't see Uranus?  Laughing

Edit: Yes, I'm really 12.  Embarrassed

Arn't we all! At least part of the day, some days of the week. 
I have felt soooo much better. So tonight we went out with friends... Boozin' it up!

[Image: c17943e4c233794a9ac528fe6360d171.jpg]
This is a 'Cum Shot' made of Rumchata & Fireball; and a Margarita with a splash of Club Soda.

Then my BFF made dinner for us...
[Image: fb014ccdd2373777bf1c5c0c098f1824.jpg]
Beef & Beans, Singapore Noodle with Shrimp, Steamed Pot Stickers, Crab Rangoon and Fried Rice. Yummy for my tummy!

Now... Time for bed! G'night!
I saw TH posting about the planets and how bright they are tonight. I went out, but city lights, houses and trees block my view. But I bless the trees for the shade they provide.
(06-22-2015, 11:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I saw TH posting about the planets and how bright they are tonight. I went out, but city lights, houses and trees block my view. But I bless the trees for the shade they provide.

Who or what is TH?  Embarrassed
(06-22-2015, 11:42 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-22-2015, 11:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I saw TH posting about the planets and how bright they are tonight. I went out, but city lights, houses and trees block my view. But I bless the trees for the shade they provide.

Who or what is TH?  Embarrassed

Taupe Hat.  Long abdicated forum member.  He used to dominate a lot of the traffic time and was a popular conversationalist.
Trying to keep cool in this weather. We are now living in Tigard, (I miss the Rogue Valley but not all the way).

We moved into yet another upstairs apartment as they do not have many available and the waiting lists for apartments here can be pretty long. Anyway, the good folks of the PDX area do not believe in air conditioners or central air in most apartments here. So...on most days, it is in the 80's outside, apartment is 95-100. Yup! Went to our local Wal-Mart tonight, was told. no more A/C's we get a truck in tomorrow with 10 on them. I get paid Tuesday, so crazy enough, Craigslist might be our answer.

That's all we are doing right now, oh yeah - finishing up the Merlin TV series from BBC on Netflix. Smiling
Right now?
Well that's obvious.
But other than beating of the keyboard of this machine....

Wondering if I want to start Sky High: The Epic Story of the Wright Brothers

By: David McCullough.

I have enjoyed his stuff in the past. Just not sure I want to read a biography now or find some mindless "mind candy" summer reading. 

This should be the toughest decision I have to make this week! 
All kinds of excited! We're having another boy! We got 5 pretty Princesses and finally a Prince... what do you know... another little Prince is coming!
Interesting.... I have not been able to get on this site from home since Saturday. From work, no problem. Brought the laptop into work, no problem..... But at home? RVF is the only site I can't get to. Curious.... I sent two messages, and have yet to hear a response from Kam/Tech support. (one e-mail and one PM)
(08-18-2015, 11:21 AM)Hugo Wrote: Interesting....  I have not been able to get on this site from home since Saturday.  From work, no problem.  Brought the laptop into work, no problem.....  But at home?  RVF is the only site I can't get to.  Curious....  I sent two messages, and have yet to hear a response from Kam/Tech support.  (one e-mail and one PM)

Baffling! What makes this is such a difficult thing to trouble shoot is that you can get on at work but not at home. There is "a chance" that somehow your WIFI router has corrupted the URL for RVF and you may have to enter it again. Unlikely, but a chance. 

Good luck. 
(08-18-2015, 02:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-18-2015, 11:21 AM)Hugo Wrote: Interesting....  I have not been able to get on this site from home since Saturday.  From work, no problem.  Brought the laptop into work, no problem.....  But at home?  RVF is the only site I can't get to.  Curious....  I sent two messages, and have yet to hear a response from Kam/Tech support.  (one e-mail and one PM)

Baffling! What makes this is such a difficult thing to trouble shoot is that you can get on at work but not at home. There is "a chance" that somehow your WIFI router has corrupted the URL for RVF and you may have to enter it again. Unlikely, but a chance. 

Good luck. 

I assume you have reset your modem and it didn't fix it so it must be something the FBI or DHS is doing.  Razz
(08-18-2015, 02:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-18-2015, 02:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Good luck. 

I assume you have reset your modem and it didn't fix it so it must be something the FBI or DHS is doing.  Razz
And Hugo, what I said above about the URL to RVF in your WIFI router...forget that! Stupid comment. You WIFE router does not ID each URL you visit, only your ISP.  Embarrassed 
What VS said: Reboot the ISP router, the WIFI router, and if that doesn't work have a beer and relax. (I don't know that it does ANY good, but when I've had to reboot these things I unplug them from power and start all over) 
(08-18-2015, 10:52 AM)Scrapper Wrote: All kinds of excited!  We're having another boy!  We got 5 pretty Princesses and finally a Prince... what do you know... another little Prince is coming!

Congratulation!  I will become a Great Aunt in 3 weeks for the first time.  Exciting times!