Changing Your Email Address - RVF
I am having trouble changing the email address for my RVF account. I tried a couple weeks ago and again today. I have entered the new email address and get a message on the screen that says:
"Your email address has successfully been updated. For your new email address to become active, we require that you complete a validation process. Please check the new email address you specified for further instructions on how to complete the account activation process"

yet I receive no such email. Thinking maybe it was not making it through my ISP's filters I also tried changing it to a different email address outside of my ISP and still received no validation email.

What gives? Any ideas?
Can you please PM me with the new email address?

Thanks!
(01-03-2014, 01:27 PM)GPnative Wrote: I am having trouble changing the email address for my RVF account. I tried a couple weeks ago and again today. I have entered the new email address and get a message on the screen that says:
"Your email address has successfully been updated. For your new email address to become active, we require that you complete a validation process. Please check the new email address you specified for further instructions on how to complete the account activation process"

yet I receive no such email. Thinking maybe it was not making it through my ISP's filters I also tried changing it to a different email address outside of my ISP and still received no validation email.

What gives? Any ideas?

Yeah, I had some kind of trouble with my old account. Started a new one. Don't remember what the problem was.
(01-03-2014, 04:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, I had some kind of trouble with my old account. Started a new one. Don't remember what the problem was.

If I remember right with my elephant like memory, it was a password issue. And that surprised me at the time, because it seemed like a password issue (if that's all it was) shouldn't be all that difficult to correct.
(01-03-2014, 07:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 04:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, I had some kind of trouble with my old account. Started a new one. Don't remember what the problem was.

If I remember right with my elephant like memory, it was a password issue. And that surprised me at the time, because it seemed like a password issue (if that's all it was) shouldn't be all that difficult to correct.

Yeah, but it wasn't letting me. Myself? I have a swiss cheese memory. It could have something to do with my old hotmail account being hacked, and closing that and starting different email account. But lost the old info to this when something happened? Not sure. I have taken to writing events down in a day planner.Twitch Not a diary, just a log.
My memory is really selective, and someone is always coming by and saying "remember when such and such happened" and recite the details of some trivial thing that happened to us together some time that I can't remember at all - that happened today again, actually. There has to be a reason for something to stick in my mind.

In this particular case that reason was at the time you said it involved a password. That detail sticks in my mind because it seemed unusual to me at the time. Things that seem indeed trivial don't make it to my memory bank.
email has been updated, thanks RVFstaff Thumbs Up