Numerous car break-ins reported in east Medford
See what happens when I leave. I knew crime was headed to my neighborhood soon. Glad they waited until I left. Maybe they were just scared to do anything while I was still around. Big GrinLaughingRazz

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../401070337

Quote:Thieves rifled through 18 cars in east Medford in recent days, taking spare change, a wallet, credit cards and even a gun left inside the vehicles, Medford police said.

The break-ins — six reported on Thursday, Jan. 2 and 12 on Sunday, Jan. 5 — were scattered throughout the Brookdale and Gardendale neighborhoods. Police said all cars were unlocked, so the suspect or suspects opened the doors and rummaged through. Property including credit cards, a wallet and a firearm was swiped.
(01-07-2014, 07:17 PM)broadzilla Wrote: See what happens when I leave. I knew crime was headed to my neighborhood soon. Glad they waited until I left. Maybe they were just scared to do anything while I was still around. Big GrinLaughingRazz

Quote:Thieves rifled through 18 cars in east Medford in recent days, taking spare change, a wallet, credit cards and even a gun left inside the vehicles, Medford police said.

The break-ins — six reported on Thursday, Jan. 2 and 12 on Sunday, Jan. 5 — were scattered throughout the Brookdale and Gardendale neighborhoods. Police said all cars were unlocked, so the suspect or suspects opened the doors and rummaged through. Property including credit cards, a wallet and a firearm was swiped.

Did you know that your former neighbors were not smart enough to lock their doors and take important things out so they wouldn't get stolen? Razz
(01-07-2014, 08:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 07:17 PM)broadzilla Wrote: See what happens when I leave. I knew crime was headed to my neighborhood soon. Glad they waited until I left. Maybe they were just scared to do anything while I was still around. Big GrinLaughingRazz

Did you know that your former neighbors were not smart enough to lock their doors and take important things out so they wouldn't get stolen? Razz

LOL! I always locked my car when I lived there. Smiling
That news report sounds exactly like one I heard last year, right down to the thieves stealing a gun.
(01-07-2014, 09:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: That news report sounds exactly like one I heard last year, right down to the thieves stealing a gun.

So now they have two guns....Good luck finding bullets. Laughing
I live in East Medford.

It was quite in my neighborhood this week.

How quite was it?

So quite I had to break into my own house.
(01-07-2014, 10:30 PM)Wonky Wrote: I live in East Medford.

How quite was it?

That's "quiet" interesting! Smiling
(01-07-2014, 10:41 PM)Prospector Wrote:

How quite was it?

You are easily amused. Smiling
(01-08-2014, 09:57 AM)Wonky Wrote:

How quite was it?

It was a bit amusing to see you misspell a word three times in a rowRazz
(01-08-2014, 09:57 AM)Wonky Wrote:

How quite was it?

More humor, less - , don't you agree? Smiling
I'm just glad someone else pointed it out before I did. Smiling
In NY, cars get broken into so often that owners put up signs saying 'No Radio'. Haha, I bet the thieves wouldn't know what to do if they came across an unlocked car. They'd probably leave it alone, thinking it was wired with a bomb or something.
(01-08-2014, 10:18 AM)broadzilla Wrote: I'm just glad someone else pointed it out before I did. Smiling

You might have pointed out that I didn't misspell a word but in fact used the wrong word.
Shoot me.
(01-09-2014, 07:37 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 10:18 AM)broadzilla Wrote: I'm just glad someone else pointed it out before I did. Smiling

You might have pointed out that I didn't misspell a word but in fact used the wrong word.
Shoot me.

Later:
As I thought about this, I began to wonder about spelling as apposed to simply using the wrong word.
I guess when one uses a word that distorts the meaning of a sentence, the wrong word can in fact be considered misspelled.
Guilty.
Damn language.
When I live with the wolves we didn't have this problem.
(01-09-2014, 07:57 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Shoot me.

Later:
As I thought about this, I began to wonder about spelling as apposed to simply using the wrong word.
I guess when one uses a word that distorts the meaning of a sentence, the wrong word can in fact be considered misspelled.
Guilty.
Damn language.

The simple solution, just stand up against the wall.

Blindfold, cigarette, any last words?

Shoot me.

Later:
Guilty.
Damn language.

I certain you didn't have that problem at all. Spelling police crack me up. I see misspells, and mis uses, and structural break downs all the time. We do know each other here. It shouldn't be to hard to understand a poster rather than veering off into the land of correction and mockery.
(01-09-2014, 09:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Shoot me.

Later:
Guilty.
Damn language.

I certain you didn't have that problem at all. Spelling police crack me up. I see misspells, and mis uses, and structural break downs all the time. We do know each other here. It shouldn't be to hard to understand a poster rather than veering off into the land of correction and mockery.
The only reason I really noticed it is because at one of the schools that my youngest used to attend I would get notes home from the teaching staff saying that she had to spend time in the "quite" room. (and it didn't happen just once.) Needless to say, I was not impressed that people who were supposed to be educating my child would make such a mistake, over and over again.
I actually giggled when I saw Wonky post it.

Shoot me.

Later:
Guilty.
Damn language.

Yes, but sometimes you would bark up the wrong tree.
(01-09-2014, 11:25 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Shoot me.

Later:
Guilty.
Damn language.

The only reason I really noticed it is because at one of the schools that my youngest used to attend I would get notes home from the teaching staff saying that she had to spend time in the "quite" room. (and it didn't happen just once.) Needless to say, I was not impressed that people who were supposed to be educating my child would make such a mistake, over and over again.
I actually giggled when I saw Wonky post it.

I chuckled too. Wonky is Wonky. My response to his slips will always be in jest.