3 UofO Basketball Players investigated for Gang Rape
Wonky even got rowan to swear and stop being civil. Good job :-)
(05-07-2014, 12:15 PM)KateBush Wrote: Wonky even got rowan to swear and stop being civil. Good job :-)

And that's sposed to be my jobSadRazz
(05-07-2014, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 12:15 PM)KateBush Wrote: Wonky even got rowan to swear and stop being civil. Good job :-)

And that's sposed to be my jobSadRazz

LaughingLaughing
And now wonky is gone, his last post being on this topic. A lot of people being driven away, it seems.
(05-21-2014, 06:22 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: And now wonky is gone, his last post being on this topic. A lot of people being driven away, it seems.
How can we stop that Someone's Dad?
(05-21-2014, 09:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 06:22 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: And now wonky is gone, his last post being on this topic. A lot of people being driven away, it seems.

I don't know. In Wonky's case, in my opinion, the topic with his name ridiculing him for his hall monitor demeanor, was the hand writing on the wall for him. Even though the author swore it wasn't personal, I couldn't see any way out for Wonky, except leaving.

That is the only one I have seen personally, I think. But I have read about so many others being bullied, or just shouted down, who walked away.

Not because they didn't have a valid point, but because their point was deemed unacceptable by a vocal few.
(05-21-2014, 10:41 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I don't know. In Wonky's case, in my opinion, the topic with his name ridiculing him for his hall monitor demeanor, was the hand writing on the wall for him. Even though the author swore it wasn't personal, I couldn't see any way out for Wonky, except leaving.

That is the only one I have seen personally, I think. But I have read about so many others being bullied, or just shouted down, who walked away.

Not because they didn't have a valid point, but because their point was deemed unacceptable by a vocal few.

Actually... Wonky was called the forum "Hall Monitor" for longer than I've been here. So why, now, would it bother him to the point of leaving for ever?
(05-22-2014, 07:49 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 10:41 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Actually... Wonky was called the forum "Hall Monitor" for longer than I've been here. So why, now, would it bother him to the point of leaving for ever?

That's exactly what I was wondering. People have came and went ever since I've been here.. ( 6 years or so.)
This forum has always been basically the same, If anything it's MORE mild than ever.
Yet NOW anytime someone leaves it's because someone drove them offLaughing
Really? Blink

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/register...d-students

Quote:The University of Oregon says three former basketball players have been suspended as students for a minimum of four years, and up to 10 years, as a result of rape allegations involving a freshman student.

University spokeswoman Julie Brown confirmed the suspensions.

Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin were dismissed from the team last month after a student filed a police report alleging she was sexually assaulted by the players.

Prosecutors decided there wasn't enough evidence to criminally charge the players, who said the sexual contact was consensual.

John Clune, the attorney for the alleged victim, said the suspensions are dependent on how long the woman remains at the school. He said it would have been hard for her to continue if the players remained on campus.
Yes. Do you know what the statistics are on false rape reports? Given the stigma attached to rape victims, it's not something people are likely to do.

And any crime that isn't yet proven is always "alleged" or "suspected".

The fact that there wasn't enough evidence to charge them with a crime just means that they can't prove it in a court of law. The fact that they suspended the players either means that they're pretty sure it happened, or there was enough of an outrage that they felt they had to do some PR work.

If the students get quietly transferred to another school with scholarships, we'll know which it was.
I just don't get it. Innocent until PROVEN Guilty! They admit there is not sufficient evidence to prove anything... other than possible consensual sex. Yet they are suspended "for a minimum of four years, and up to 10 years"... on "allegations" that can not be proved?!?! It just doesn't seem right.
(06-24-2014, 10:32 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I just don't get it. Innocent until PROVEN Guilty! They admit there is not sufficient evidence to prove anything... other than possible consensual sex. Yet they are suspended "for a minimum of four years, and up to 10 years"... on "allegations" that can not be proved?!?! It just doesn't seem right.

It was the physical evidence that was lacking due to her not coming forward right away. I believe from what I've read elsewhere, just do to the statements taken from those involved, and the fact that she was OBVIOUSLY under the influence (extremely drunk) that these guys were, and should have been, kicked out of school and off of the team.
(06-25-2014, 09:09 AM)BeerMe Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 10:32 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I just don't get it. Innocent until PROVEN Guilty! They admit there is not sufficient evidence to prove anything... other than possible consensual sex. Yet they are suspended "for a minimum of four years, and up to 10 years"... on "allegations" that can not be proved?!?! It just doesn't seem right.

It was the physical evidence that was lacking due to her not coming forward right away. I believe from what I've read elsewhere, just do to the statements taken from those involved, and the fact that she was OBVIOUSLY under the influence (extremely drunk) that these guys were, and should have been, kicked out of school and off of the team.

What this does is open it up for ANY ONE to make allegations against another... and get them kicked out of college. It sets a precedent; in a bad way. And... last I heard... orgies are not illegal in the state of Oregon.

Quote:All three suspects report having consensual sex with the alleged victim. The alleged victim, claims that some or all of the sexual contact was involuntary. In such cases our analysis centers on any evidence of force, the absence of consent, or victim inability to consent. In this case, it’s important to note that the alleged victim and the alleged assailants describe substantially similar sexual activity, timing and order of events. The principal differences between the versions of events told by the alleged victim and the alleged assailants centers on the apparent level of victim intoxication and whether and at what point the victim expressed a desire to either not have sex, or stop having sex. For purposes of this investigation, we are equally concerned with evidence that the victim was forcibly compelled, or unable to consent by reason of intoxication.

The alleged sexual assaults took place at different locations over a period of many hours. According to the victim, the first sexual assault took place at the hands of two of the three suspects in the bathroom of a house where a party involving about thirty people was taking place. She reports the assault being comparatively brief and interrupted when she asked to get a drink of water. The assault allegedly ended after which the victim reports resting on a couch with a drink of water, mingling briefly with other partygoers, and then returning to the bathroom with the same two assailants and a third individual who, she reports, all resumed a sexual assault similar to the assault the first two assailants had initiated earlier.

During the second sexual assault episode, the victim reports getting a text from a friend telling her that it was “time to go”. This assault reportedly ended promptly when the victim told her assailants “I need to go”. At that point, all four people reportedly left the bathroom and the victim went outside where one of her friends was waiting with her ride home. The friend reports waiting for the victim, repeatedly warning her that the man/men “just want you for sex”, and encouraging the victim to leave the party with her. According to the alleged victim, this is the point at which one of the assailants grabbed her and pulled her back towards the house. (At this point the victim’s friend and others describe a playful, flirtatious interaction between the victim and her alleged assailants, with no element of force, no indication of victim fear or apprehension, and no indication that the alleged victim was physically or mentally impaired by alcohol.) The alleged victim then went back towards the party-house and, shortly thereafter, got into a taxi with the same men who had allegedly assaulted her (now twice). The taxi took the group back to a residence shared by two of the alleged assailants. Shortly thereafter, the victim and the three men from the second bathroom assault went into one of the bedrooms and resumed various sex acts similar to those that had taken place in the bathroom at the party house. A fourth man was allegedly present and watching the sex acts, but did not participate.

According to the alleged victim, she started crying during the third sexual assault and the assault promptly stopped. She then spent the rest of the night sleeping with one of the three men who had reportedly assaulted her, but she reports no further sex between them. (This is an area of material disagreement concerning the sex acts themselves. The man who slept with the alleged victim reports having consensual vaginal sex one more time in the morning. When reminded of this, the alleged victim confirms that they had oral sex the following day, but can’t remember whether they also had intercourse.)

The following day the alleged victim reports being tired and upset. When she goes to visit friends she finds two of her alleged assailants in the residence playing video games, so she withdraws outside.

While waiting there another friends walks up, consoles her, and they end up having sexual intercourse.
There are multiple sources of information in this case. Since consent is the issue, not whether the sex acts took place, DNA is of little value. The focus was on evidence of consent or the inability to consent. In making the initial determination we evaluated the presumption of innocence and the State’s burden of proof in light of the following:

1) Several interviews with the alleged victim,

2) Interviews with victim’s friends and associates who saw her before and after various critical

points during the time in question

3) Surreptitious recorded phone calls with the alleged suspects

4) Police interviews with the suspects and others.

A) Although the alleged victim reports being impaired by alcohol prior to any sexual contact, there is no evidence, from her or from others, that suggests she had enough to drink to become substantially impaired prior to the first two sexual encounters in the bathroom. There is also no independent behavioral evidence that the victim appeared significantly impaired: nobody reports her having slurred speech, difficulty walking or any other symptom of impairment from intoxication at any point in the evening.

B) Friends and associates of the alleged victim describe her as friendly and flirtations, both before and after the first and second alleged assaults in the party-house bathroom. Moreover, all witnesses agree the alleged victim had the opportunity to leave the party, or at least ask for help, after the first series of sexual assaults. Friends and others report her “walking and talking fine” both before and after both sex-in-the-bathroom events.

C) The alleged victim recalls extensive detail about all aspects of the evening, including the timing, order of events – even the exact amount of the cab fare and her decision to have another drink of alcohol during the ride to the alleged assailants’ residents, and most of the detail is consistent with the events reported by others (so she does not appear to have been affected to the point of perception or memory impairment. Similarly, there’s no evidence she was ever unconscious during the sex acts, nor is there any evidence she was ever impaired to the point where it adversely effected her balance or stability.)

D) The alleged assailants stopped the sex acts several times – first when the alleged victim asked for a drink of water, next when the alleged victim said she “had to go” and, finally, at the second residence, when the alleged victim started crying (the first point at which suspects claim they realized she wasn’t “in to it”).

E) Victim returned to isolated locations with her alleged assailants repeatedly, although she had friends nearby and she was in a crowded party.

F) Telephone calls between the alleged victim and alleged assailants were recorded surreptitiously. The contents of those conversations are consistent with suspect’s version of consensual sex, or at least their belief it was consensual sex.)

G) Friends of the alleged victim say she did not appear to be impaired by alcohol at any time during the evening.

H) Alleged victim had consensual sex with one of the suspects the morning after the alleged assaults and, later the same day, she had sex with another friend.

I) The crimes are reported by victim’s father days after the alleged assaults took place and alleged victim is angered by the reporting (because of timing).

J) Alleged victim indicated a desire to only have her assailants’ “wrists slapped”, not ruin their lives.

K) Assailant interviews with police are consistent with recording made without their knowledge and the statements of other witnesses None of the above would be individually inexplicable, but collectively, and in the absence of additional evidence, they provide an insurmountable barrier to prosecution.
http://dailyemerald.com/2014/05/06/lane-...eged-rape/
If UofO is so worried about how this incident makes them look... then maybe they need to suspend promiscuous women as well.
If getting drunk and screwing is an offense worthy of expulsion, our colleges and universities should be about a third the size they are now.

Girl chose to go to party.
Girl chose to get drunk.
Girl chose to like the attention she was getting from big men on campus BBall players.
Girl chose to let the flirting advance to sex.
Girl didn't like choices she had made after the fact.
At the end of the day, Basketball players got screwed to make the U of O Athletic Dept. look like it gives a crap.

Another sad day for U of O athletics and the school in general.
Seems pretty straightforward to me. The last two decades have been devoted to whipping up a frenzy over any and all sexual misdeeds. It's no surprise it's come to this.